Do you understand children's shows on TV now that you're a parent?

I remember before having kids, I hated or just didn't understand some children's programs. Like Barney the Purple Dinosaur . . . we all used to joke about him and his scary purple self (and why was this thing hanging out with kids). Or what in the world was so great about the Teletubbies who just yelped "eh-oh" and danced around and bumped bellies. But now that I am a parent, I am more sensitive to what appeals to kids at different ages and what makes them react to certain television shows/characters. Who knew I would end up watching Barney and Teletubbies and actually liking them! Do you think differently about kids programs now that your kids are watching them?
I have two children who are in very different stages of their lives. My daughter is going on seven years old and my son will be three years old next week. I do understand the children's programming a lot better than I did this time seven years ago. I can see that the singing and music that is the basis of the programming for the preschool crowd is appealing to them because of the simple fact that it is music and I can also tell you that my son has learned more things than I can imagine simply through music. As far as the Tween programming, I haven't had to start to understand that yet, but that time is rapidly coming.
Yes, music does have a lot to do with children's programs! It's amazing how quickly they learn through songs . . . and later through dancing / movement with the songs. We are also in that preschool stage right now - the attention span is greater than it was even just a year ago. Oh boy, I have no idea what's going on in the Tween world (does that Hannah Montana fit into that category?). I suppose one day I'll have to get with that programming too!!!
much2say no not at all , I now love my adult sons' record of kill barney and play it once in awhile I learned to hate that as someone in our apartment complex listened to that purple creep every morning at the top volume of the TV each and every morning I love you you love me, nope I hate Barney, and so forth. yuck.
Ha ha! I didn't know there was a Kill Barney album . . . now I probably would have been bought one of those if I knew it existed back then! I have the book "Barney's Final Exit" - and I think I bought each of my friends a copy (from the 99 Cent Store) as part of a joke Christmas gift one year. Purple creep - ha - yah, it had a weird connotation - especially with him singing that I love you, I love me song. We still laugh about poor Barney, but so many kids actually like him . . . I can see why, but I'm no fan myself.