If your're given a chance to be a BOSS?What kind of BOSS you ARE?

@jemaries (322)
Saudi Arabia
Well to be boss its a big responsibilities, it means that your the team leader of the company.If a was given a chance to be BOSS, probably i will be strict,understanding,treat the employee equal, honest.
The simplest reply I can give is to..oh..pursue earning the respect and support of my employees by giving them the respect and support because leadership is example. To learn the individual traits and abilities of each employee as well as can to build the strongest team possible. I don't like cross the board judgements, attitudes and such. Such things go further to undermine the potential of the team than strengthen it..And yes I have been in management and yes it does work. Granted, not everyone is a team player and for such reasons need to be removed AND I don't mean promoted! I've seen that happen too often..An inability to be a team player in nonmanagement would remain an inability to be a team player in management...Later..
I would be a great boss! I love to have fun but I also know how the work needs to be done. So, make sure your work is done and all is well. I also believe in incentives and special treats like donuts, pizza for the group. Special Thank You's also are great and I think much appreciated, or Leadership Awards. I'm all for making a comfortable and enjoyable work experience. But don't mess up.
@marty3888 (2358)
I'm not sure I could be strict. It's just not in me. The kind ofr boss I would like to be is one that my employees would not feel intimidated to be sittin g near me. At the same time, I know that being too nice can lead to your employees taking advantage of you. That's the way the world is today. You would think that if you're nice, people would appreciate it but that's not the case. I once had a boss like that. he asked us to do things, joked around with us. Eventually, he was promoted to promotions because the company didn't think he was management material. So I guess the real answer is, I wouldn't want to be the boss.
@spalladino (17921)
I worked my way up through the ranks to become the manager of, at times, almost 50 people...many who I had worked side by side with. Since our director was a very nice woman I modeled my management style after hers for the most part. I genuinely liked and appreciated my staff and let them know it. In return they worked their butts off for me. There were times when I had to be firm but I always tried to be fair...to them and to our employer.