It's In The Air Again

@erikmama (12929)
I guess this is another one of those weekends here at MyLot. Seems there are a lot of discussions causing tempers to flair! People are way to offensive on here sometimes. Don't forget this is a place to discuss things and if you do not want to hear what others have to say, or are unable to accept their response, don't start or respond to the discussion! When I post it is simply to give my opinion, but people seem to want to argue! Can't we all just get along??
This can not be more true. I just responded to a discussion and had my words twisted and tangled all over the place. Then I was reported to myLot and when I reported the user back to myLot I was cut down again. People have some heated opinions about political and racial matters especially. Everyone wants to say you are not willing to learn if you disagree. Then if you defend yourself or the person being attacked that is somehow wrong too. I refuse to give in to that. My opnion is just that my opinion and I will continue to give my opinion in response to any discussion I choose. That is the name of the game on myLot. I would recommend that everyone re-read the terms and conditions of use. It clearly states that myLot will not interfere in disagreements. Your comments can not be threatning in nature or violent however. Please do not let anyone scare you into not voicing your opinion. This is an open platform for discussion. Use it!
@debrakcarey (19923)
Let me get this straight...someone comes into a discussion and basically calls all the reponders 'racist' and then when the responders ask her what is racist about the discussion....(which was about a pinnochio picture of Obama) they are attacking her? oh, I get it, from what I can see here the OP wants everyone to agree with her at all times...no one was trying to scare anyone about their opinions.
@erikmama (12929)
Noone seems to have read my post over and over that this was not towards anyone nor about the picture.Seems people are bored and need some drama today and this was the perfect opportunity.
@debrakcarey (19923)
I quoted you in response four. Do you deny writing that?
i do not understand at all why there are some who would be upset about some responses that they get out of those posted discussions. it is only expected that not all the responses that we get will be favorable ones. there will always be people who would be of dissenting opinion. when we get into discussions, it is only natural that not everyone agrees to our line of thinking. just like when we would encounter a response which says: 'no, i disagree with your idea in all honesty. for me, it is this...' it is expected to be coming at us. let us just remember that most of us here is sharing our best opinion on matters being dealt with at hand. so, no hard feelings. this should be all friendly discussions.
@erikmama (12929)
I am with you! MyLot is designed to discuss things. If you can not discuss things and respect the opinions of others this is not the place for you!!
@debrakcarey (19923)
You're right here! MyLot is about opinions, not calling people names for their opinions.
@wmraul (2554)
• Bucharest, Romania
hehe ... Many people and not onl;y here, post about topics not as a will to find out something new, not in order to get an advice, no way to try making others to smile .. no sir, no madam .. Many are so unsure of themself that they need every now and then to receive pozitive feedback that they are going on what they think is "correct path". Once someone dissagree, here is the flame to light up all village ... Many don't know about tolerance, yet they put this word as their main quality .. Why ? Because they forget progress is born from opposed things .. even electricity need a + and a - to exist ...
@erikmama (12929)
Yes you are right! I will give my opions regardless but I wish people were more open to hearing them!!
@wmraul (2554)
• Bucharest, Romania
You wish, they don't.
@erikmama (12929)
Now I suppose io am one of those people...see below!! LOL!! People just do not know how to leave well enough alone and take things way out of porportion. O WELL!!
@mariposaman (2967)
Unfortunately some people do not know how to debate the subject. If you disagree with them they take it personally and react accordingly. If you are on the Internet and particularly if you're on a discussion group you will sooner or later meet someone who will disagree with you and that is to be expected. If nobody disagreed every once in a while it certainly would not be a discussion. If you do not want to know what's I think do not ask the question.
@erikmama (12929)
I agree with you completley. Things are taken out of context, words put into people's mouth. I stand behind what I say and am here to tell ya what I feel on the discussion. We are all entitled to our opinions, and disagreeing is fine. It is when people take it personally it goes overboard.
@erikmama (12929)
You are so right. People take things wat to personal and want to start making accusations, threats, and saying inappropriate things. Just the other night I posted a discussion asking why people do not respond to controversal subjects, and today I have found out why.
@Milesxiao (104)
I am glad to hear the voice of friendly discussion, as we know, many people come here with the idea to talk about their feeling or look for help. and mylot is a perfect place where could afford the members to satify their demands. I have joined here for about three months, and i am only to post for the topic i like, or something is valuable to dispute. if some discussions cause fire discordantly, i think it serious sillness. so i believe that if you dislike, you could choose standby, not to interfere.
@erikmama (12929)
Me to! I respect others feelings and will state mine as well as listen to yours. Who nows, there may be something I can learn! I have been a member for a couple of months and really enjoy the variety of people and responses here on MyLot.I think everyone should be able to speak freely without fear of reprecussion.
hi erikmama I am all for getting along as long as I respect your opinion and you respect mine, and neither of us posts insults to the other person.disagreeing is fine as long as you do not say for example,you are a moron for thinking that way when you should think this way, that is insulting and does not fly at all. I too do not like to argue.I think we are all Adult enough here to be ab le to have opposing view points without getting bent out of shape over it.After all a discussion is supposed to get all sorts of different views on things is it not?
@erikmama (12929)
You are right. This is a forum to discuss things and we should all be able to do so without others name calling or getting defensive.
@endyxy1 (84)
Sure, I love to get along with others. I learned to put my personals aside and move forward in name of the Peace!