my mom went home finally

after the bad typhoon that hit metro manila and we are from marikina. my mothers's house was flooded up to the roof and they were one of the people at marikina who stayed at the roof to wait for the rescue. i was at home trapped also with the flood that reach up to my neck, but if i go out and went at the street the flood outside is more than 14 feet. my mother's neighbor who played as the hero for us saw my mother and my sister and her family on the roof and did their everything to save them. Thank God for them. after the flood we are all busy cleaning and repairing her house, yesterday i finished painting the walls and my sister put up some curtain. Thank God her house looks like a home again. she is half paralyzed and was also confined at the hospital after the storm. but life goes on even after that tragic. we all work together and made our mothers house a home again.
• Boston, Massachusetts
I am happy to hear that your mom is safe, well and finally home. I know she's so happy and proud of you for preparing "HOME" for her despite the recent calamity. Home is a HOME because of people like you and your siblings. Your mom must be so proud for having children like you guys. Cheers!
agree! home is a home, and even this tragic happened she still wanted to go home there. so we made some touches that would erase her of that memory. although we know that we can not erase that but we remodeled it painted the walls with nature color green and i guess we made a good job. she was so excited to go home and now that she is settled her yaya told us that our mom has her first good sleep after the storm. for her and for a lot of us there is no place like home. it is not that easy to start again but we need to start. thanks a lot for the response
• Boston, Massachusetts
I admire your mom for raising responsible, kind-hearted and good children in you and your siblings. Continue letting your mom feel how she’s loved and special to all of you!
@lampar (7591)
It is horrible to know what typhoon had done to majority of area in your country and people there, it causes so much suffering and deaths recently.It must be quite a relief knowing that your mother house is inundated with flood water up to the roof and her safety is not threaten by far. It is such a blessing from God for any survivors in such a calamity, i hope you can look at the bright side and continue with life with self determination after gone through this hardship, never quit in your recovery effort and always thank God for his blessing that help you and your family pull through in this difficult moment of life. Hang in there, pal! Nice to know that you are fine after seeing all these scaring events happened in your country.
at the first week my mother and my sister and her family hate what happened. i understand how they feel. but as the first born of our family i need to be the one to be able to inspire them to stand up and fight. to stand up and thank God nobody was hurt. funny that i helped them to clean their house while my wife who is really a understanding wife cleaned our muddy house alone. i can say that i get the strength from my wife. thanks a lot for the response my friend.
@JamesKYTan (1607)
Hi se7enthbird, I thank God that everything has settled down. It is good to hear that your mother has been discharged from the the hospital. After this bad experience we came to realise how importance our family and friends are. Visit your mother more regularly. She will be happy to see her grandson more often. God bless you.
yes i do that, visit my mom regularly and bring my child along if its not raining. we sometimes bring my moms favorite food and my wife usually prepares potato salad for her for that is her favorite. i also live at the same city on where my mom lives but a few blocks away from her so i actually go there everyday but bring my son every other day or 2 times a week. after the storm i havent bring my son yet, but i will as soon as we are fully finished with the house. i can say that i was really busy cleaning my mothers house and cleaning our house as well. it is almost a month after the storm it was really very tiring. thanks a lot for the response
@JenInTN (27546)
Hi se7enthbird! It's great news that your family is safe and sound after such a horrific ordeal. I'm also glad to hear that your mother's home is back in order. Thanks goodness there was someone out there that helped your family. Wow! You have been through quite a time.
yes i can say that was quite a time. scary also specially when my sister texted me that they are at the roof and i can not do anything for our streets was flooded also up to 14 feet. when the cell signals was off and the electricity was off as well i dont know already what happened with my mom and my sister. my wife prayed the whole night for their safety and Thank God that they are safe. we can say that we felt like it was dooms day and still Thank God it was over. thanks a lot for the response
@laydee (12811)
Oh it's nice to hear that people are starting to rebuilt their lives once again after that terrible typhoon. Any thoughts of moving uphill though?
we dont actually live downhill. but the flood was very high and my mother's house is bungalow style. it was a problem within people who operates the dam that they opened all those dam at the same time to release water that caused the whole city to be flooded. they are inconsiderate as we can say so this happened. now they are poiting fingers for who gets to be blamed. this is the first time that this happened and i was born and raised on that house. i am 36 years old already. i am happy that my mom is finally settled. thanks a lot for the response