Seperation of Church and State

In most cases lots of people says that it is more pleasant to seperate the church and the state because of its diffirent views concerning our faith and government and its fine with me to devide or to seperate because of its own beliefs and opinion in life, what are your positive and negative points of view regarding this topic?
@coolcoder (2019)
DarthMundis, I believe you wanted an answer to why God wasn't specfically mentioned in the Constitution. Here you go. Read the first lines of the Declaration of Independence: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Do you really think that the Founders would suddenly not want God in American life between the time the Declaration and Constitution were written? Not everything is specifically mentioned. Here's something you might want to read as well. It'll give you a bit of insight. http://cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49484
DarthMundis want to clarify the name of God in the constitution, we are having different religions and also different gods that observe worldwide, darthmundis clealy want to know why god's name doesnt exits in the constitution, for me the true God was mention in US constitution because they mention the word creator, that means the ever living God.
@coolcoder (2019)
I have more negative views of this grossly misconstrued phrase than I have positive views...actually, I have no positive views on this. "Separation of church and state" meant that the U.S. government would not be able to establish an official state religion (like England, who oppressed anyone who was not part of the Anglican church). They did not intend that God should not be left out public life entirely.
We are different, here in the philippines seperation of church from state is observe because majority of population here are catholics thats why they can implement it, also there is no permanent or official religion involve regarding seperation unlike in your country, youre demanding for official religion.
If that's true, why is your god not mentioned in the Constitution?
@coolcoder (2019)
Have you even bothered to think that God isn't specifically mentioned because at that time, it wasn't necessary? Why wasn't it necessary? Because it was a given that God would be in public life. It was assumed; there was no need to write it all out.
@xfahctor (14126)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
AsI am pretty sure your know, in the U.S. our constitution has this sort of thing built in to it, in the part of the first amendment called the "establishement clause, it reads, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" there is a misconception howver, even among u.s. citizens, that this is a "seperation of church and state", while it does in fact do this, the term "seperation of church and state" actually stems from a letter from Thomas Jefferson to Bishop James Madison and not the constitution. the actual purpose of the establishment clause was not to protect government from religion, but to protect religion and the free practice of it from government. Today, this clause is twisted and stretched to all sorts of rediculous ends, many groups even use it as argument to not allow christmas music in the performances of school children, even going as far as bullying schools in to calling them "holiday" concerts instead of chsristmas concerts. While not all our founders were what we today would define as devout fundamental christians, they were still very much deeply religious and men of god and faith. To think that they intended the constitution to mean what people interpret it as today is somethimes rediculous and would have our founders rolling over in their graves.
It pains me to point this out, but these concerts you speak of SHOULD be called "holiday" concerts because not all children are the kids of Christian parents. If you're going to organize a Christian concert in public school then be prepared to extend the same priviledges to Muslims, Scientologists, Hindus, Mormons, etc. To avoid this mess, leave religion out of public school. If you want your kids to learn about the flying Jew, teach them at home.
I think you're right mundis, teach your kids at home about religion, anybody can get out from trouble..
I believe it's better for the church and the state to be separated, but people don't seem to understand what that means and have become extreme over the issue, afraid to display their faith anywhere. Even though the Constitution says we won't have a state religion, it also says the government cannot prevent us from exercising our religious beliefs. However, I don't believe anyone should be obnoxious or in your face with their religion and for pity sakes don't try to force religion on anyone. When the opportunity presents itself, share your beliefs, but do it gently and let your life be a witness.
Thanks, thats absorbing, I dont force anyone to believed, Im only recommending it for those who want to, maybe some are irritating about my opinion but i dont argue with it, its only a sort of comments. have a nice day..
@1hopefulman (46074)
Church and State should definitely be separated. The reason is the State governs all people within its territory regardless of political opinion or lack of. Whereby, there are so many different religious views that there is no way that the State could make everyone happy when it comes to religion.
@coolcoder (2019)
It pains me greatly to see all of you continue to twist that clause until it means something completely different than what the Founders intended.
@flowerchilde (12534)
I wish there was more separation of belief and state.. in the u.s. we have a stgate enforced belief as only one theory is allowed in education, and that theory is no more [proven than any other.. yet a teacher can lose their job for mentioning any of the many serious questions concerning it!
May I know what theory is it? im confusing..
@Pose123 (21661)
Hi shellback, I agree with the separation of church and state. It was the reason that many settlers first came to America, so that they would have freedom of worship. Religion should never play any part in government as a government is elected to represent all the people of a country, some of whom have no religion at all. When religion and governments mix minorities usually suffer. Blessings.
Hi pose, true that if church and state combine, those who belong in below average kind of life may suffer because of thier different views and ideas, thats completely different, its like the distance of north to south, so for me it much better to seperate it.
There are no negative points. The Separation of Church and state saves lives. How? By letting the people choose what and whom to worship , the State doesn't have to kill the ones who won't join the States religion.