What are the best foods to eat during menstruation?

What are the best foods to eat during menstruation? I need to maintain my iron, but don't want indigestion and cramps.
@hobegao (136)
i don't know that are there brown sugar and dates in united states,you can eat dates anytime,mayb you are confused about Brown sugar,it's made from sugarcane,you could drink it with boiled water ,these are good for people especially for female?
Maybe you do not understand what I am asking.
@hobegao (136)
i am sorry,maybe i shouldn't have answered you question,and i was stupid to make a mistake?i think i got your point that which are best foods during ‘period’,and i am right to use the word period?
Don't worry about it hobegao, okay? It's cool.
@ryheanne (222)
• South Korea
Once I have read it is good to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, food with a lot of fiber., drink a lot of water too. Eating food with magnesium like peanuts can avoid dysmenorrhea. Avoid eating salty foods they will cause too much pain.,
I try to get my servings of fruits and vegetables everyday, but I also hear bananas can be good for cramps, too. I will definitely avoid salty foods! I have walnuts on hand, too. I even have Fiber One muffin and pancake mix. Thank you ryheanne!
yupz.. I agree with you. Me too. We need some nutrition and make our body fresh with those foods, and drink a lot of water. Moreover, when I get menstruation I sometimes feel bored and no energy, and also get stomach. When I get stomach of menstruation I will drink Jamu or traditional medicine. Kind of Jamu that I usually drink is curcuma... It will help me to decrease my stomach... and also curcuma will make my body feel fresh. just try it!
@LittleMel (14033)
I eat chocolates, anything with chocolates. I find it helps to reduce the cramp pain. but I also take advil now and then, it's something that has the same effect
I just try to eat healthy, and I hear bananas reduce cramps, for the potassium? I have been craving chocolate, too, though. Case in point, last night I woke up and ate a one hundred calorie fudge bar. Nice, eh? I am curious how cravings come into play during menstruation, too.