I can't seem to get a word in edge wise.....

I have a close friend that I love very much(as a friend) but there are times when she never seems to give me the chance to speak. We talk a couple times a month because of our hectic lives and when we do she will ask me about my life and such but then when i try to answer she just over talks me and starts telling me more about what she has been up to. And although I enjoy talking to her and hearing about her life, I think it is only nice for her to listen to mine. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet so I listen and make sure I am not mean because she is a good friend but there are times where I just wish she would slow it down a bit and listen to me for a second...it gets so bad there are even times when I can't even get a uh huh in to let her know I am still on the phone. Do you have any friends like this? Have you ever told them to shut up for a minute or do you just let them talk?
@paula27661 (15898)
As a matter of fact I do have a couple of friends like that who do an awful lot of talking. On the rare occasion when I get to speak I can see both of them not really listening to me but trying to work out what they are going to say next! The sad thing is that they are both unaware that they do this and I don’t have the heart to tell them. There are days when it bothers me more than others...
That is how I feel, I wish I could say something to her but I guess I am just afraid of hurting her feeling or having her mad at me for saying something so I tend to just let and go and deal with it. I wish because I have know her for so long that I had the chance to say more but I guess she doesn't care what is going on in my life or it isn't appealing enough for her so I just leave it the way it is. Thanks for your response paula...
@paula27661 (15898)
You're welcome and I hope that in time we will be able to face our friends and tell them how we really feel!