Do you eat more during the weekends?

I know we eat more during the weekends. Hubby is home from work . . . and we can all eat together for all our meals. I can prepare decent, special meals and snacks because I have more time to do so, or we can simply go out to eat at our leisure. Having more time to relax can mean more time to munch out! How about you? Do you tend to eat more during the weekends too?
@shadow41 (2356)
No I don't eat more on weekends. I strictly follow balance diet now. But maybe before when I was still going to school I eat more during weekdays but not on weekends. School is on weekdays so I need more energy. That means more food. :p shadow41
Wow - you have will power to follow a balanced diet everyday! Well, quite honestly, I have to these days too as I am pregnant and have some health issues. But still, I do admit I eat more on the weekends - though on the healthier side (just because I have doctor's orders to do so). Oh, I remember my school days long time ago . . . I ate too, but not too healthy!
@shadow41 (2356)
I really need to follow this balance diet of mine. I'm just young but I already feel some health problems slowly arising. If I don't watch my diet now, for sure I'll have lots of health problems in the not so long future. So now I am very careful about foods. I hope you will eat healthy not only for you but for your baby as well. :) shadow41
You are smart to do this while you are young - and it's good that you are aware of health issues that could arise (do you have health issues that run in the family?). I finally got the message to seriously keep up my health in my mid 20's . . . but I wish I had kept it up from my teens! Keep it up and hope you stay healthy!!
@dpk262006 (56768)
Hi dear! Good question. Yes, it so happens that my better half cooks sumptuous dishes on weekends therefore, it is but natural go grab more than the normal weekdays diet. The dishes are so nicely prepared (including breakfast, lunch and dinner) that one cannot restrict one’s temptations.
That's great that your "better half" cook all the meals on the weekends!! Doesn't food taste so much better when someone else prepares it for you? Hee hee. That's what my mom always said. I'm sure it's tempting to eat more food, especially if it tastes real good. Just one more bite - hee hee!
@dpk262006 (56768)
It is true that dishes taste better when someone else cooks it for us. Yes, temptations get too much, when the food is really good and tasty.........
@ilyzium (1204)
You know I will definitely say that I do. I find during the week with working, I pack my meals and tend to eat the same way - very healthy. However, on the weekend we quite often spend time with family or entertaining and I think we tend to go "all out" sometimes making all kinds of creative, gourmet dishes. It's just more fun too I think. I might eat a little bit more on the weekends, or maybe have some "forbidden food" but I always make sure that I exercise then so it feels like I've burned up my calories, even if I haven't! I think most people tend to indulge more on the weekends, maybe out of boredom or they just want to eat more.
That is true, we are more routine during the week and that tends to keep us in a particular eating habit - it's good you keep it healthy! With family around on the weekends, we try to make it fun . . . so what's a little more sweets or butter here and there - hee hee. Knowing me, I exercise more during the week to make up for the weekend splurge. I think weekend eating is part of the entertainment!
@Lucky09 (1771)
food is really irresistible no matter what day hahaha. i want to have a feast everyday lol
Yes! I do eat more during the weekends. I am muching on snacks that I have in the pantry. It seems like I am trying to eat all of the snacks that I didn't get a chance to eat during the week. I'm usually watching a movie and of course I have to have popcorn or other snacks to go along with the movie.
Hee hee - that is true. We do make up for the food we didn't get to eat during the week - hee hee. The pantry is like a little treasure box of goodies. And who can resist eating when it comes to watching a movie!! My husband and little one are the movie monsters in this family - so they enjoy making popcorn together.
@haiershen (1082)
yes, i think so, when the weekend coming, we always go to the supemarket to buy more food and more fruit and some sweet snakes in the morning, and then washed it and prepard cooking meals, as this times, our family will be sit together and have lunch and dinner, so we would like to eat food acompany with talking,so that we eat more,after lunch,we will eat fruit and snack.good luck and have a nice day.
We like to prepare for the weekends too . . . that's always a consideration when we go shopping at the market just before the weekend too. More of all the snackable goodies go in the shopping cart - healthy or unhealthy - ha ha. It's nice when the family can sit together and talk . . . without having to rush off anywhere.
@ucue2008 (926)
Depend, and usually I do eat more during weekend as I having more time time to prepare food and usually I am craving to eat more during this time too. happy mylotting
It's interesting how everyone is saying they eat more during the weekends!! Yes, most of us have more time to prepare foods . . . but why is it that we have more cravings? Maybe because we have more time to focus on ourselves and realize what our bodies are asking for.
@xannebull (1800)
yeah i think i do eat more during weekend, since i just stay at home most of the time and i spend eating while watching tv or doing my computer works. i also spend some quality time with my kids, strolling around and so buying foods anywhere.
Oh yes, strolling around with kids, they will get hungry for snacks for sure . . . and it's not always easy to carry around snacks from home all the time. If I do that during the week, I do pack the snacks to save money . . . but then when we go out as a family during the weekend, my husband will like to splurge on some special snacks for us all - so we let him - hee hee.
Exactly the reverse, we eat little during the weekends. Usually, we sleep more late on Friday night and get up late on next day. Then, we eat the break fast togother with lunch. Hum, really bad habit...
Ha ha - we used to be like that before we had kids!! We used to sleep well into the morning . . . so it would be too late for breakfast - but um, too early for lunch . . . so I know exactly what you mean. But that'd only be the weekends for us - there's no way we do could that for weekdays. So 2 days out of 7, not too bad of a habit - hee hee.
@mzz663 (2773)
It seems that we all eat here more on the weekends. I think it's that you aren't on a schedule and can just go get something when you feel like it. When I'm bored or stressed, there always seems to be something to munch on, whether it's good for me or not, as long as it's quick and easy.
Yah, a good portion of us seem to eat more on weekends!! On weekdays we are definitely on a schedule, and we eat in the short amount of time we are alotted. But on weekends we definitely have more time and can concentrated on actually enjoying our food. Oh, I definitely eat more when I am stressed too . . . that's dangerous - ha ha.
@VANILLAREY (1473)
For me it makes no difference. My eating habits depends on my mood or desire to eat. There are times when I have craving for good food. At such times I eat more often. Since people are free on weekends maybe they have more free time to eat.
Eating is eating . . . my body tells me it needs to eat and won't stop til I get some! But with hectic schedules, sometimes that dictates how much and what we eat. I can crave good food for lunch, but that doesn't mean I'll get it - hee hee. Yes, most people seem to have more leisure time during the weekends to eat better meals.
@daliaj (5684)
That is an intersting question. Yes, I eat more during weekends. I word during weekdays. I cook my lunch in the morning and take it to office. I don't have an option to heat my food in office. So, I have it cold. I will be at home during weekends and I cook my food and eat it hot. So, I tend to eat more. Also, I have a lot of time during weekends so that I can cook some speical dishes.
I can understand that. When I used to work, we had a microwave in which we could heat up our foods - but I never trusted that old microwave. Plus no one bothered to clean it out, so I never wanted to use it. I had my lunches cold too, but it's not always the best way to eat certain foods. It's so nice to be able to have meals at home - you have everything you need at your disposal. And weekends are wonderful for having the time to create those gourmet type dishes. And to eat them hot!
@jpso138 (7865)
I am always tempted to eat more on weekends most especially that its our family day time. Usually we are all gathered in the house on weekends and that's the time we do some barbecue or prepare some special meal to enjoy the day. Most of the time its pork barbecue. Sometime we also go out for a picnic on weekends so I am always tempted to eat more.
A pork barbecue sounds really good! Family time is always so special - I love the weekends for that reason. It's nice when everyone can enjoy themselves together as a family . . . all relaxed and having a good time - with good food. Lots of memories cabn come from that.
Yeah, we love eating, it's a good SENSATION. Personnally, eating during week ends is very expansive that in the week so we have lots of tentations during two days
Eating is such a beautiful thing, eh? He hee. People like us can truly appreciate good food! These days, it's physically hard for me to cook, so we do get food from restaurants . . . but yes, it can get very expensive whether it's the weekday or the weekend. We are trying to watch it though - but yes, it is tempting!
@SHAMRACK (8524)
Dear friend, I do hardly ear more on weekends but mostly something special will be there in most weekends. Still I would eat as normal even in weekends. But if we have any special guests I would eat more giving a company with them.
When there are special guests, oh yes, we definitely splurge and eat much more than normal - whether it's the weekend or not. I also like to bring out the "nicer" snacks or baked goods if they come to our place - so we eat more treats!
@doryvien (2293)
Hi muchtosay, Oh yes I do. I look forward to weekends coz this is the time when I prepare food my family loves to eat. My kids are very excited when Friday comes because they know that they will be having their favorite dishes come Saturday and Sunday. Because there are more food available (than on ordinary days), I tend to eat a lot on weekends.
Oh - what you said reminded me of when I was a kid. My mom used to make more special meals on the weekends and I used to look forward to Fridays too! I look forward to weekends now because the family can be together all day and we can eat together more decent meals. The weekday routines can be so hectic . . . so I just cook simple things - we eat just to eat. But weekends we certainly have more enjoying in eating.
@MrKennedy (1993)
I've certainly noticed that during the week-end, I eat far more than I would usually eat on a week-day. On week-ends, if I'm not out with firends, I'm usually spending time with my family. Now, whenever I'm with my family, we'll normally go out for a meal together. If we do, I end up ordering much more food than I'd usually eat if I were at home because a) I'm not preparing the food and b) Everybody always orders a starter, main and dessert, so I feel strangely obliged to follow as I don't want to be sitting there by myself whilst everybody else around me is busy enjoying their food. Whenever I'm out with friends, it's highly tempting to simply grab a quick bite to eat at the nearest McDonalds or any such "restaraunt" that serves food in a hurry (thankfully, I've still managed to stay slim:D). Also on the week-end, I find I snack more throughout the day and any thought of a healthy diet completely disappears :(
It seems it's that way with all of us with families!! If we go out on weekends, we tend to eat way more too . . . and we don't want to "waste" food either so it's almost as if we feel obligated to eat it all - ha ha. My husband will get a special dessert for him and my little one too . . . so they will eat even more than me - hee hee. For us, sometimes we'll do the fast food thing duirng the week, simply because I get too pooped to cook sometimes - but even so it's a small meal . . . however we might add more items if it's during the weekend. Oh yes, and at home on the weekend, it's definitely easier to snack . . . all the food is just steps away. Healthy diet - ha - what's that?
@kkanaka (887)
Yes!!! So very right, I eat more during the weekends, as we have all the time in the world to eat and relax, no need to finish lunch in during the specific lunch time hour.... watch TV, eat as much we want, so that later can go back to sleep... and in the end...... end up eating more.... hahhahha how very true....
Hee hee. Yep, on weekends most of us can literally do whatever we want because we have more time to do so - including eating! Ohhhh, it's so hard when it Monday comes around - hee hee!!
@mindytsc (12)
I totally agree with this :D I do have acceptable reasons for this. The reason is when we're working, we concentrate more on finishing up our tasks and thus do not have time to think of what to eat in our working place. But when we're at home most of the time during weekends, we tend to eat all the time. :D I'm pretty sure that you will open your fridge more frequent during weekends than weekdays right? Futhermore, we have longer time for each meal. So, we will tend to order more food when we're eating out. This leads us to consuming more during the weekends ;)
Oh yes, that is exactly it. But if only we could concentrate on what eat and how much we eat everyday no matter what we are doing . . . I think that would be much better for our bodies. Unfortunately the scenario you described seems to be all too common . . . it's that way with us as well!
@velentina (892)
• Mauritius
Ya I do eat more during the weekends because I have more time to look after myself. During the weekdays we are in a hurry to go to work so i do not get time to take a heavy breakfast and for lunch I only eat a bread and a yoplait. when I'm at home I take time to prepare special dishes for lunch and dinner as well and I take a good breakfast. I also cook cakes and make other special dishes.
Weekdays are so hard . . . we're on the go (work or whatever) and we don't have the time to feed ourselves well. Bread and yogurt - wow - I know I'd starve if I only ate that - hee hee!! Weekends at home we can concentrate on taking care of ourselves . . . to prepare and enjoy a good, decent meal. Oh, and baking cakes are great . . . they can last you through the week (well, sometimes - hee hee).
@irene3184 (900)
During weekends I always think about what to eat and I spend much money during weekends because I am more to my eating habit.I don't have work during weekends so I always go somewhere to eat something or stay in our house and always cook anything.
Weekends are definitely a time when we can focus on our enjoyment . . . food being one of them!! We can focus on our eating more (is that good or bad - hee hee). Yes, we tend to spend more money if we go out on weekends too . . . we'd look for a "good" restaurant - not a fast one. It's fun to take the time to make something at home at we would not normally have the time to make during the week too.