Watch What You Put on Facebook!

@erikmama (12929)
A woman who was on sick leave from her job was fired after posting photos of her"having fun". Her bosses were not at all happy with photos showing the woman doing an assortment of things. What do you think? This all goes back to a previous discussion I posted. I do not understand why people are so open to post anything on the internet.WORLD WIDE WEB...HELLO!?!?
• Finland
Thats true,many people tend to use this internet especially facebook to disgrace or expose their colleagues. This is not fair for an average human being
@erikmama (12929)
I dont think this was the situation..people should be more careful about the things that they put on the internet.Just because you want all your friends to see you during your drunken birthday bash,you dont want the boss to see it,and anything you put on the internet is fair game for anyone.
@bounce58 (17451)
This is another reason why I don't like and why I don't have a facebook account. My 9 year old son always asks me how come I don't have a facebook account. He wants me to have one so we can be neighbors in his farmville (is that right?). I'd rather use linkedin. I think it is more professional than facebook. Good for networking, without the goofy stuff.
@erikmama (12929)
I think these social networking sites are pretty cool.But I still do not fully understand Facebook.You just have to be cautious about the pictures and words you post.People forget when you put something on the internet,there is a possibility anyone can see it.even people you dont want to,even things from 3 or 6 years ago.
@lelin1123 (15635)
• Puerto Rico
EXACTLY, I don't understand it myself. You would think they would learn their lessons from other peoples mistakes. Don't they read the stories concerning others who have gotten in trouble and/or gotten caught doing something that the world doesn't need to know about. All I can say its stupidity on their part.
@erikmama (12929)
Stupid is as stupid does.If you are dumb enough to dio it,you get wjat you deserve.I would never do anything like that!
It's kind of like posting "Going on vacation for a week!" on twitter. Please come rob my house!
@erikmama (12929)
Right!! Ive seen pics of peoples houses,inside and out,complete with addresses,on myspace.Im looking at this stuff thinking what in the world are these people thinking? I mean anyone has access to anything you post.Who knows who is going to see it..There are plenty of Charles Mansons and Jeffrey Dahmers out there who love this I am sure.They really should think about that.
@kaylachan (4775)
It doesn't suprise me one little bit how stupid some people are. They forget the internet makes the world a smaller place, or they are deluted into thinking they post online will remain privite. However it goes to show how few people actually know how to use their settings all social networks know how to use. Stupid people. *shakes head*
@erikmama (12929)
Well,like Forrest Gump said-Stuipd is as stupid does. Some people think things will never happento them and do not think about possible complications with it
hi erikmama my adult son told me something once and I often think of that as I write my own discussions respond to others.He says, never put anything on the net that you did not want your family, friends and perhaps your pastor to hear or see. And I have always abided by that rule. after all there is a reason its called the world wide web.
@erikmama (12929)
Well he couldnt have said it better.I always remeber that when I put stuff on the internet.WORLD WIDE...hello...everyone has access to the internet and you never know who will see what!