New Years Just Around The Corner

@erikmama (12929)
What will you do to bring in 2010?
@mzz663 (2773)
I'll probably stay home where it's safe from crazy things happening. I used to love going out on new years but lately with all the drunk drivers and the angry aggressive people I've come across on a daily basis, I don't think new years will make the situation any better. I'll just cook kielbasa & kraut, a little something to drink, maybe some shrimp or some other goodies and suffer through it all at home...
@erikmama (12929)
LOL!! HAHA!! i jut said this in the discussion above(or two)!! It is safe being in the house. So musc craziness goes on in the world everyday,and the holidays make it even worse!! Just have fun!! I know I will, sitting here but its all good!!Im safe!!LOL!!
@mzz663 (2773)
Yep!! What I do is call everyone I'm not with right at midnight....a lot of the time all of the phone lines are busy and I have to wait to make my calls....but if I have the first person ready to dial and push send on my cell phone as soon as the clock hits midnight, I usually can get through to the first person!!
My husband, the kids and I are going to be going out to eat on New Year's Eve at one of our favorite barbeque restaurants. Then, I think we are going to go over to my mother's house and have a couple of drinks and play some cards. In all of the years that he and I have been together we've never had big plans for the simple fact that we've been parents for that many years as well. Plus, I think that both of us were through with our wilder stages of our lives before we met.
@erikmama (12929)
It's great you are doing something with the family. I will be home with my boys, though I may have a drink or two,we will watch it come in together. No need to g oout and get into trouble, get killed, in a fight, etc. Sounds like you will have a great time!! I hope so!! Happy New Year!!
@priya_ot (72)
i don't do anything great .every year all i do is to meet up with my friends and be in touch with my family.watch celebrations on television or go to a party with very close friends.this year i plan to go to a old age home nearby and spend my time welcoming 2010.
@erikmama (12929)
As long as it is what you want to do and are having fun doing it, it doesn't matter!! I never really go out and celebrate either, just a few drinks in the house and watch movies or whatever, but it is ok with me.Stay outta trouble this way!! Atleast you get to talk to all those who are close to you and spend some time together. Sounds fun, hope you have a fantastic time!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
@zkapfo123 (320)
Hierikmama, i'll first of all, try to be more focused and to make more money in the coming new year. Last year was a complete financial disaster for me, so i'll try to make it up this year, and also to work harder. For welcoming the new year, we've planned some sort of midnight party, where we'll make a huge bonfire and have an open air party. Thank you.
@erikmama (12929)
Bonfires are always fun, but be careful!! Those are resolutions great for everyone,and I hope you are able to make lots of cash this year!!
@kaylachan (4775)
I will probably do nothing. I'm not real big on the new year thing. I'm just happy sitting around on the couch seeing if I can stay awake for it (which I usually can) and that's it. Though I have a hard time remembering to put the new year on stuff (like my checks when I pay the rent) for the first couple of months.
@erikmama (12929)
Im not big on partying or anything,but I do enjoy seeing anohter year come in. This one will be an extra special one!! I do the same thing with the year!! LOL!!