latest scam, beware

@ongtina (1232)
Singapore
I've just read my email and I'd better share with you this. I've received an email from irs.gov. You know ...end of the year and tax... It says that I've over paid and I've to submit my particulars for the refund. I know this is not from the government because I'm not from that country!!! Ha Ha somehow people get mistaken and thought I'm from US, probably because of my email....yahoo.com although I don't fake my location. They just didn't see. Okay, back to topic, it says also that I can't confirm from the phone for high security reason and the payment of $401.25 will be refunded 6 weeks later. I've to give my credit card and particulars cos the money will be refunded into my credit card. Another reason I know is because I needn't pay for income tax, I'm a housewife so how could I have over paid? See the scam?
@StarBright (2799)
Hi, Ongtina: I see they tried to keep the amount reasonable ($400 rather than $10,000,000) so you might fall for it. I'm glad you recognized that scam for what it was. The IRS does not notify anyone by email and for sure they do not ask for your personal informtion. These crooks are trying new stuff every time we turn around. Thanks for the warning.
@ongtina (1232)
It's the amount that can really trick people into believing. When I saw the email, I thought it was real for a moment. I was lucky I'm not from that country where it was stated which was why I didn't fall for it. This is also the reason I put up this discussion. They are now targeting to trick more people and add up the sum for big earnings.
@calai618 (1779)
There are really a lot of creative people in this world who are willing to do anything just to scam people. I hope people have grown to be wiser now since these type of scams have been around for over a decade already. I really wish no one falls for this type of scams. The least we can do i just ignore these stuff but thanks ongtina for exerting extra effort to give everyone a heads up. Good day!
@ongtina (1232)
Thanks. I didn't know it's already over a decade. No wonder the stories are getting harder to differentiate between true and false. How nice if those people can use their wisdom for good.
I don't really get what you talk here. But, I think you have been scammed by someone, right? There's so many scam offers in my inbox that told me I've got $100,000,000,000.00 Can you believe that? They told me I should input my data! But, I don't want to do that! They are just a thief!
@ongtina (1232)
WOW so nice if it's real. I also get lots of that but this is the first from government. Can you believe it? Government!!!