Crazy For Happy Meal Toys

@erikmama (12929)
I went to McDonalds earlier,whre the Alvin & The Chipmunk toys came out today. There was a woman in there who purchased $26 worth opf these toys!! She said she has been to 5 different area resturants to collect all that she could. I can also remember working at Burger King many,mnay years ago when the Pokeman ball toys came out,and there were people FIGHTING for these toys!! Have you ever been Happy Meal Toy crazy? What do you othink about it?
@bounce58 (17449)
Me too, I get crazy over these happy meal toys, well after I buy them that is. I get those for my kids, and then I see them everywhere in the house. Have you ever tried stepping on a bionicle toy in the dark? I could just go crazy! So, yes, I go crazy. So, as much as possible, I've stopped buying them as it just adds to the clutter at home.
@lala501 (1533)
Do you buy extras or do you just give them the ones that come with the happy meal toys? I have also stepped on my number of toys in the dark and light. The best thing you can do is watch where you are stepping and get a flashlight.lol
@erikmama (12929)
Notjing could be worse than a LEGO.Have you guys stepped on LEG OS?It is amazing the pain they can cause!A Bioncle isnt any better, with their funky arms and legs.Its crazy how something os amsmall can hurt so much!
@bounce58 (17449)
Aside from not buying them anymore, I found an even better solution so as not to step on them anymore. If they are not looking, I put them on a box in which I only know. If after a week they don't look for them, they get donated or get thrown on the trash.
@lala501 (1533)
No i have never been happy meal crazy.lol. And I don't know anyone who has been. I have never really liked any of the toys that came in any restaurants kids meals. They all seem so useless and uninteresting. Oh well maybe if I have kids they'll some day pick up a happy meal toy craze.
@erikmama (12929)
I'VE SEEN A FEW DECENT ONES, BUT NOTHING TO GO CRAZY FOR. hE GOT THE aLVIN cHIPMUSNK TOY AND IT SAYS hELLO gorgeous. My son sits it beside my computer and pushes it.Its so sweet,and cute.But I wouldnt go crazy like this lady and others have. Most are boring and useless, especially if its not from BK or McD.
@lala501 (1533)
Aww that is cute. I wouldn't mind having that happy meal toys. And have never gotten a toy from anywhere else except for McDonalds and burger king.
I'm not into the craze . . . but yah, some people go nuts over these toys! I guess they think they will be collectibles that will be worth something some day. I've had Happy Meal toys just for the heck of it, but they've just piled up in my drawer only to be forgotten! They can be fun, but annoying if you have too many of them that just sit there collecting dust. Where I used to skate, there was a built-in McDonalds there - and on a normal morning there wouldn't be that many people there. But one time they had those limited edition Beanie Babies available - and people lined up at that McD's the very first day of the sale well before it even opened! The line was the longest I've ever seen! Those of us who were people watching didn't understand what the big deal about the Beanie Babies were (I think they were just the plain but colored teddy bears).
@erikmama (12929)
I buy the toys too,for my son.But not like that!! I am sure people think these will be collecotrs items. I know they did with the Pokeman toys and the Beanie Babies!!I don't get it either. She was wasting so much money and gas and yesterday was the first day they were out!!
And what are these grown people collecting these Happy Meal toys for? They are taking away the supply for the kids who really want to play with them - hee hee! Well, I know adults like to play too. And for others, they just see dollar signs when they collect these things.
The only time that I remember ever seeing a set of Happy Meal Toys that I wanted to get all of was when the first set of Ty Teeny Beanie Babies came out when I was still in high school. I was eating a Happy Meal for Lunch and another one for dinner so that I could try to collect all of them. And yes, sometimes I did specifically ask if they had one toy that I was missing in my collection. However, never was there a time that I got in a fight with someone over one of the toys.
@erikmama (12929)
The Beanie Babies were s opopular! Do you still have your collection or any of them? I think it is crazy the way some people get over these toys!
@tav_8164 (151)
I myself am currently NOT in the craze, but understand how easily I could be. About 12 years ago I think, McDonalds had those beanie baby things. They weren't as good as the regular ones but they were addicting. I have children now, so they of course want the toys. But I don't really induldge anymore. But some of their toys are really cute:)
@erikmama (12929)
My son loves his happy meal toys.they are cute and fun but at $2 a popp---No way! I've never understand going crazy over them,but we all have our like and dislikes.
@Bionicman (3962)
• Czech Republic
Me and my sister collected all Toy Story toys. Those where my favorite. Then we got Furbys (don't know how to spell it). I would be the first to get pokeballs but we didn't have burger king around here.
@erikmama (12929)
I dont remember any Toy Story toys!! I worked at BUrger King when they did the Poemon balls the frist time.There were people argiung and fighting over those things.We were so busy,people were buying 15 and 20 at a time.
@jesf1988 (202)
I too went for the teenie beanies they had. I used to collect Beanie babies so when mcdonalds had the teenie beanies in the happy meals, I tried to collect them all. My parents would take me to other locations if they did not have the one I needed from the one we were at :) I have never gone for any of the other ones before. I recently took my daughter to go see the new ALvin and the Chipmunks movie and she loved it so I might go to mcdonalds and get her a happy meal so she can have one of the toys, but I will by no means go crazy trying to get her the whole collection :)
@erikmama (12929)
The Beanie-Babies were soooo popular! I have never been a big fan of any of the happy meal toys,though.My son loves them.
@jewels49 (1783)
My 18 year old has a hige plastic tote in the back of his closet filled with those toys that date back to his older brother and sisters time. Many of them are still in their packages..He talks about putting them up for sale on E-bay but he never follows through. My sister-in-law worked at BK during the pokemon ball craze. This year for Christmas she and my brother gave my pokemon obsessed grandson 2 complete sets of them..one to play with and one to put away and save. My brother did look them up on E-bay and he said he saw where a complete set had gone for over 100.00.
@erikmama (12929)
Wow...I guess some of the toys can be worth money! They really should put them up for sale.They might be holding a stack of moemey in those bags!!
I am so glad you told me about this. I have to get to Micky d's soon. I went crazy buying up their beanie babies.
@lala501 (1533)
I have heard of people going crazy of those beanie baby toys. I never got the reason though. Their just stuffed toys. Why were they so admirable?
@thewayis (647)
• Bulgaria
Wow, i am surprized to find out that the toys in McDonalds are the same everywhere. We started selling Alvin and the Chimpmunks two weeks ago, here in Bulgaria
@erikmama (12929)
Wow...that is interesting...I know if you go down the road the prices at McDonalds are different...LOL!
I think it is crazy to spend $26.00 on toys especially for Mc Donalds. I also feel that with the economy being bad that people should spend their money more wisely. I like Alvin and the Chipmunks, but I would never go out of way to spend money getting the toys. To me that is a waste of money and gas. Some people get these toys and sell them on ebay. I have never been happy meal toy crazy. If I want a happy meal toy I would buy one toy. I would not go out of my way to go to several stores.
@erikmama (12929)
Hey-What happen to the pic you had up here? I almost didnt know it was you!!!! I can't believe they were going all over town to collet these things! You're right-wasting gas and money. But I guess if that s what floats their boat... I'd judt wait til that resaruant had more toys!!LOL!
@Genericbe (1378)
I have been in that happy meal toy collections and it was fun for me. I use to put collections in our family room. Funny it seems for my age. But, I really enjoyed collecting those items. It help me remember my childhood days and stuffs I usually wanted to then. It bring good memories for me. I was able to express myself in that way.
@erikmama (12929)
Which Happy Meal toys were your favorite? It's great you found something you enjoyed collecting! I don't think it is crazy to collevt these toys, just crazy to go all over town and spend that much in one night on them!When BK had the Transformers toys my son wantes thenm all so we did make a couple trips just to get them.