Life is like a pile of leaves in autumn....

@Wizzywig (7858)
You know how it is, in autumn/fall, you rake all the loose leaves together in a pile and, just as you're about to get them into a bag, a gust of wind comes along and blows them all round the garden again. I was thinking how, so often, just as we get our lives sorted and we're ready to get on with the next bit, something happens to undo the work we've done. I guess we have the choice of throwing down the garden rake or relishing the challenge of giving it another go and seeing if we can beat the wind to get at least some of the leaves in the bag next time
I think I will take the challenges that that gust of wind may create. It makes life interesting, even if it does get a little messy and overwhelming at times. I have to think that when that sort of thing happens, maybe it's not time to move to the next phase, yet.
@Wizzywig (7858)
Exactly... it may be a bit frustrating at the time but, if you dont just shrug, laugh and get on with it you waste a lot of your life stressing out.
True. And, I don't know of anyone who WANTS to put more stress in their lives. The older I get, the more positive about life I am. There are no set backs, there are no bad times, there is no bad stuff. They are just stepping stones to get us to where we want to be. We stay on the stepping stones to get to solid ground, that's all.*S*