What does your baby's noises sound like?

I have a 9 week old son - and we're just cracking up over all the funny sounds he makes. Of course it's his way of communicating, but all the grunts and snorts and all just puts a smile on our faces!! Sometimes he sounds like a car putting on the brakes (errrrrrrrrrr), a horse whinny (eehhhh), sniffy like a snooping puppy, mmmmmmmm or grrrrrrr like a grumpy old man . . . and it's let's not forget those exploding poopies where it sounds like a rocket blasting off to the moon! And I don't know how he does it, but he lets out this hollow sounding UH - he doesn't even have to open his mouth and we hear it! I suppose it must be through his throat and nose somehow! What kinds of little (or big?) noises does your little one make?
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh gosh, I barely remember any more. But I do remember that I used to love imitating the faces that babies make. They are so funny sometimes.
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
I do remember things, like how each of them were when they started to walk, crawl or whatever it was they did. But not so much noises for some reason.
Yah, the developmental milestones are a big ones we remember. Sounds get forgotten probably because they don't last that long. It changes each week (each day?) and eventually the sounds becomes real words. I couldn't figure out my daughter's first word for the longest time . . . she kept banging at the front door saying "au, au!". One day at the high chair, I discovered she meant "OUT" all this time. Looks like she was an escape artist from early on - hee hee.
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
my son still has the same giggle he had when he was a toddler, I hope he keeps that giggle for a long, long time!
Well, it's been three years since I've had a baby, but I still remember the sounds that he made as clear as if they were just yesterday. He was so loud when he was hungry he sounded like someone was trying to kill him if we didn't get a bottle into his mouth quick enough. When he was asleep he sounded like a little lamb with his grunts and groans. And the first time that he giggled it sounded just a little bit like a puppy.
That's so cute! My daughter was actually louder than our son when she was hungry . . . she cried to the top of her lungs - but it was probably our fault taking too long to prepare for feeding. Those grunts and groans are just too precious - when our son is sleeping he sometimes sounds like a creeking door. I don't think we have a true giggle yet, but it's more like a hiccup-y yelp - hee hee.
@squaretile (3833)
I can remember when my baby was 9 weeks and making all sorts of animal farm noises as she slept in the night too! Which makes the saying 'sleep like a baby' totally strange, cos they sure don't sleep soundly and peacefully! So I can totally identify with what you are saying. We used to say there's little old macdonald's sleeping there, with a neigh neigh here and a oink oink there. hahaha. now my kid is babbling so she makes really interesting EH AIRRRRR sounds. and you definitely know when she wants something or she's protesting with a loud indignant EAH!
I love it! Old MacDonald - ha ha. With my first one, I wasn't really aware that babies move around too when they're sleeping - freaked me out! My second one is a mellower baby, but he definitely makes louder noises than my first. It's great when we totally know what they're trying to communicate - that's so fun!
@smewell (11)
My son is 12 weeks old and has been making the horse sound since the day he was born, this one is my favorite. Second and third belong to his earth shaking farts and manly burps.
Awww . . . that's so cute - and funny! I love that horse sound! Earth shaking farts and manly burps - ha ha! It's funny because my son seems to be making more sounds than my daughter did. Do you think it's a boy / girl kind of thing?