Why do you suppose people give up on myLot?

I've been looking on my myLot friends list and see people who haven't been active in a long time. Many of them have low discussion numbers and I assume they have given up on myLot. Is it because they were making their riches here? Is it because it was more work than they thought it would be? Sometimes I see postings on people threatening to leave myLot. Is myLot so bad that they feel they have to go? I have one friend who is gone - I think he posted a couple discussions on how people can be rude here. Are there really all that many mean people here - I've come across maybe one or two - but even so they weren't that bad. Are there sensitivity issues with some myLotters (or ex-myLotters?).
@stormygrl (763)
People have jobs and alot of other things going on in their life. Boredom with the topics,very little or no replies if discussions posted.Some of it may be due to having trouble with writing down what you mean.There is some backlash if someone doesn't agree with their post.Probably some take it personally even though you don't know anything about each other.
Yep, life happens and they need to leave myLot - what can we say. I don't know how people can bored of all the topics - there's just so many!! Sometimes people do get writer's block - but that's when I try to answer other discussions. And yes, people can get huffy puffy when there is a disagreement in opinions. Best not to take them personally!
@dawnald (84071)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh you don't really want me to start, do you? I've seen a fair amount of nastiness in my time here. Most of it hasn't been directed at me, fortunately. But you get on certain topics, especially religion and politics, and people get all hot and bothered. Also, sometimes people don't word things the way they intend to and come across more offensively than they intended. Plus there are the dreaded trolls. If you tick off the wrong person, they come at you with a bunch of fake IDs and they get their sheepy little friends and they all come after you until you get disgusted and leave. Fortunately, I haven't seen too much troll activity lately (crossing fingers). And then some people just get bored, busy with their real lives, interested in other websites, etc.
Yes, dawnald, please, do tell! I've only been here a few months, so I haven't seen a whole lot of nastiness (yet, but hope never to). Religion and politics is a hairy topic no matter where you go (that's why I won't go there!). I haven't seen the troll problem here - but with this format I figure there's not much they can have fun with. I came from Yahoo Answers and there were obvious trolls there . . . I hated the thumbs down feature they especially abused. As long as there are folks like you on myLot, I will never get bored!
@dawnald (84071)
• Shingle Springs, California
The star system here used to be really badly abused. People would get mad at somebody, go to all their discussions and neg them repeatedly and get all their friends to neg them. At least now you can only rate a person 11 times a day, so it's a lot harder to abuse it. Skating very interesting so far. Looks like Alyssa has taken herself out of the running, but Mirai skated brilliantly and Ashley still has a shot. The ice dance competition was fabulous. Wish I could have been there, but Paul McCartney still hasn't sent me any of his money. :-)
Wow - I can't imagine any abuse happening on myLot. I came from Yahoo Answers and the way that place was set up, it was a troll's playground! I don't know how this site has changed through the years - but I'm glad the troll situation isn't here anymore (or at least I don't see it). How irritating that must have been! Skating - bahhhhhhh! Sasha - bahhhhh! Very impressed with Mirai - not so much the others. I wish I could have seen the ice dance . . . will have to look for on icenetwork. How did Bebe Liang do? I didn't get to see her. I knew her when she was a wee one - when her older sister was actually skating - Bebe was such a teeny power house at the time!
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya much2say, Some People will have fits and starts of communication with others some may write and talk a lot for a long time vanish overnight and then come back after a very long time. I know in that sense I´m a bit of an expert with that (grin) my relatives well some of them are not good communicators at least with me so I understand long silences say of twenty years then all of a sudden they turn up again as if nothing has happened (grin). Just thought I would add that in. Well and I suppose some will get a bit fed up too that is human nature.
That could be true . . . people can come and go in spurts . . . life happens and they can't get to myLot. It's not like any of us are obligated to stay here, so it's fine if anyone needs to leave for whatever reason. I know if I don't get on a site for a while, most likely I won't come back to it (as it's probably not so important at that point). I used to be hooked on Yahoo Answers, but I haven't gone back in months.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya much2say, A few times I have left being on here for a day or two and I find it more and much better that way it´s more fun you can get to write more easily too. Long times of being away from something does no harm gives you chances to do other things as well.
Taking a break does refresh the mind . . . that's true it could be a good thing to take a break from myLot at times too. I think I would miss it too much though - hee hee! The brain needs to rest too - so I can see how that would make one energized again when coming back after a few days of absence here.
I think that some people get bored, or don't have the time, or feel they are not getting paid enough. I've been a member since November of 2006, and while I have had busy periods in my life, I have never become bored with MyLot. I am always back here looking for more discussions to respond to.
Wow - you've been here for a few years now!! I wish I knew about this site back then! That's cool you've never become bored with myLot and even though you get busy with life, you still come back. I've only been here for a few months - and I haven't found reason to leave just yet.
@eubilisa (212)
Well, I think the reason why they give up is because they treated mylot as if they gonna make big bucks so if that so then you'll most likely give up here, I mean a person mindset here should be because they wanna interact, post question/s and meet friends and not because of money and it should be secondary here since it's not a rich program. Better enjoy your stay here and learn more about the people's opinion because at the end of the day it should matter.
If a person doesn't enjoy writing and discussing, they sure are not going to make it on myLot. It's fun to jump from discussion to discussion - chatting away about everything with everyone . . . the earnings are just extra. We're sure not going to be rich money wise, but certainly we've gotten more out of this site than just money!
@samire (55)
I think people give up because they do not have time,like i,as a salesman,it's very little to visit the mylot site,most of time to reply the guest's e-mail and quote.
Definitely if one does not make the time to work, they don't get paid! So if anyone coming here is trying to get rich for nothing - it's not going to happen. A salesman is good as the sales he makes . . . little work means little pay - even on myLot.
Hello, You are here for a really long time. I can see that. Though I am comparatively new here, I think there is not many people who are being rude here, or at least that can't be a reason strong enough to have someone give up myLot. Must be they are fade up with the slow earning process. People who have primary goal of earning money here will loose interest some day or other. I don't think myLot is that much successful in being a money making machine. But if we consider all the facilities it offers, its a very great place to be. We spend hours chatting about nothing, myLot is lot better than that at least. Thanks for starting such an interesting discussion Take care God bless you
Actually I've only been here for a few months! I still see myself as a newbie, but now I think I've got the hang of things on myLot - hee hee. Perhaps there aren't many rude people here, but certainly people can take their comments or strong opinions in an adverse way. Anyone with a primary goal of getting rich here certainly won't last long (unless they love to write and discuss). Chatting is the best here - and hey, we get some earnings from it - so more power to us!
@jambi462 (4595)
I'm pretty sure it's because they see that they aren't making as much money from the website as the we here hoping too. I don't know how people could have problems earning on here though because as long as your active every now and then and make some posts or comments your going to earn a little bit. The best part about this site is that it is so reliable and entertaining as well. I know that I've gotten frustrated with mylot a couple of times because there weren't any good posts but I've never felt like quitting because I think this site is really awesome. I find the members here to be really nice and interesting people with equally interesting things to say. You can really get some interesting conversations going on here. I've never really had a problem with any member here on mylot.
I've been lurking on other paying sites, and thus far, I still keep coming back to myLot. It's reliable, and I really feel that I am in control of my earnings. I have no desire to these tasks the other sites require - quite boring and useless. You're right that myLot is entertaining - so passing the time away here is truly the best - we learn, socialize . . . use our brains! As for the earnings - eh - it's just nice to know we get a bit of payback for something we enjoy doing!
@squaretile (3833)
I think most people leave mylot becuase they suddenly have increased demands on their time. the times when I have left mylot were because of sudden increased work commitments, or family commitments. I suppose there are some who think it's too hard work, cos they were here to make a quick buck and they realised it wasn't quick to make a buck here haha. I haven't seen many personally who left because they were offended. I suppose if someone was riling them they could have stayed and just interacted with others instead?
Well, if people leave here, it's nice to think they left myLot on a good note rather than a bad note. I had to disappear for a month because I had a baby, and hey, real life takes over sometimes. But I do know of one person here who disappeared (his account doesn't exist anymore) . . . he said he had no intention of getting off this site, but he did complain in some posts about some rude people here. So I'm not sure what all transpired - but he's totally gone now. Yep, this place certainly isn't a place to make a quick buck, but actually it happens in no time for people like us who like to chat, right?
@K46620 (1995)
It takes to long to reach payout, the site is poorly designed, and posts are frequently deleted!
Do you really think so? This is the only site I come to because I haven't seen anything better considering the time I have. I do make it to payout every month - fairly easily! I've lurked on other paying sites and are frankly not interested in the tasks they offer. But here, I can talk talk talk in writing and I enjoy the emensely! Ok, the myLot site isn't the greatest web design work, but I don't mind it - I've learned to deal with it. And I haven't had any posts deleted personally, but I have noticed other's deleted posts - I can see why it would be!
@K46620 (1995)
Unfortunately that's been my experience, glad the site is working for you. I spend most of my time at Gather.com. They pay there too.
Ah - thank you for that site. I'll check it out! It's interesting where all the online money makers go to!
@aerous (13464)
They are gone not because mylot is bad but they feel they can't make something more in mylot. Some is not contented on what they get here and some are not knowing on how to make some here...And many other reason behind why they are not active or even not try to make a discussion...Have a nice day!
Yah, it's probably that people thought they could make easy money here. Well, I think it's easy money in a sense that we are getting paid for something we like to do (I like to write and discuss anyway). And in a sense the time goes by so fast that it is quick money to me! Oh well, too bad for those people who don't care to be here - myLot still goes on!
@aerous (13464)
Yup, it is too bad for those people don't believed they can make extra money here. Mylot is one of the best online provider that really pays it's member regularly that its like we are working regularly because we received payment every 15th day of the month... It's like we are receiving regular monthly salary...lol
Ha ha - believe me, I at least have a salary of $10 a month being here! It might not be big, but at least it's "something". Think I can retire here? Hee hee.
Well,however it may sound,the fact is that a majority of people on My Lot are driven by the desire to earn some extra money but the problem is it doesn't come easy...:)...People start with enthusiasm but after sometime realize that there's too much work for too little.I get dejected at times too.I have been a member of My Lot for more than 2 months and am wondering how long it will take me to get to my first payout.I wish My Lot could reduce the minimum payout to $5 and could initiate a referral purchase scheme like other sites.
I know what you mean. I signed up for this one site and got 5 bucks off the bat . . . but it has a 25 dollar payout minimum and I wonder how long it would take for me to get there. I got the initial incentive, but it's still far off from the minimum payout. So I will stick with myLot because your participation really does reflect your earnings . . . the more you jump in and discuss (write), but more you will earn (though you're not going to get rich). I've gotten a payout every month that I've been here, so it is possible to do decently here - compared to other sites, that is - and actually have fun with it.
lovelyn_medrano - Do you do the referral thing? I have no referrals and probably won't get anyone I know to get on myLot, but I make it out to the payouts just fine without the referrals.
TO: much2say I only have 3 direct referrals but all of them are not active. My first 2 referrals are not posting anymore (been logged on for few days only) and the third one logged on once in a week but posted 1 to 2 comments only during her visits... I don't really earn from them.
@jesssp (2739)
I think the most common reason people leave is because they are only here to make money. Once they realize that you have to invest a lot of time and thought to make those few pennies they bolt. I think another common reason is getting bored. I know sometimes I get tired of seeing the same discussions over and over and taking a little break is necessary. I have encountered a few rude people here but I think it's easy enough to avoid them, I would never consider leaving over that. But I think some people are very sensitive and feel targeted so to them it's enough to leave over. Me, I just stick to the fluffier discussions and use Mylot as a way to pass the time at work!
Ha ha! I wish myLot existed when I was working! Yes, I think people get disappointed that they have to do so much "work" here . . . when most of us don't see this as "work". It's fun jumping around from discussion to discussion - at least to me. And the earnings are just a plus. I don't even mind it when there are similar discussions - there's always something to say about everything - hee hee. I wouldn't leave over some rude remarks either . . . it happens in real life too - we can't avoid it. Best not to take things personally! Ok now jesssp, get back to work - hee hee!!
@jesssp (2739)
Ya, I guess I should get SOMETHING done since I'm off in half an hour, lol! I don't care that we get paid, it's a really nice bonus but it's not why I'm here. It's just something to keep my brain from turning to mush between 9 & 5.
Now I hope you're enjoying the weekend! Believe me, I would have loved it if myLot existed when I was at work. I was mostly behind the computer anyway - and business was super slow - I would have had a great time all day being here. Much of my "free time" at work was spent emailing my friends . . . but there's only so much I could email out. At times I'd do the head nodding too (zzzzzzzz) - do you ever do that? Hee hee.
@nrn2003 (669)
I think people may get tired of it. I do sometimes. There are times when I dont logon for a few days. Just get tired of trying to keep up sometimes :) I do like mylot, but there are better money making capabilities out there that take up alot o fmy time.
I guess I never get tired of chatting with people here, so I'm here whenever I get a change. To me it's pretty cool getting earnings for something you already like to do! I looked into other money making capabilites online - but I'm truly not happy with any of them except for here. Just curious what other sites you go to?
@nrn2003 (669)
I do work on textbroker, firehouseoffers, neobux, clixsense, youdata, and i also work for kgb. so I spend alot of time online. Those are the main ones that I go to. I work hard to make money online. I also complete alot of survys as well. I like making money online. Its a good bonus to my fulltime job wages.
Goodness - you work on a lot of sites - and on top of a full time job! Well, best of luck to you on those sites! I can only handle a few sites throughout the day - so I'm just sticking to this one as far as "money making" goes - it's all just for fun. Be sure you take a break from money making and live a life in the outside world, ok? Hee hee.
@scififan43 (2437)
I have been hear almost a year now and I have just gottom my first payout. I havea over 900 post so far and I am still active here. I have been busy with othe things lattley so I do not have the time to post as much. I even have a backlog of e-mail alerts from friend posting. I think some people leave becase it takes a long time and a lot of effort to gain a payout. maybe some do not like the site and deceied to leave but the reason may vary as to why persons decied to leave.
Wow - you've been here a year and have only gotten your first payout? I can understand as you said you don't have a lot of time to post. I think the participation here really affects the earnings here. I post discussions, but I also respond to others and comment back to all that come to my discussions, so I actually do make it to the payout every month. I guess for me it doesn't seem like much of an effort - I'll chat away if allowed to - hee hee.
I mostly respond to post and start a few dissussions.
Yep, I post to discussions and respond as well. I don't do any of the tasks, and I have no referrals - I promise you it is possible to make it to the payout every month if you keep participating here.
There are many reasons why people leave mylot. Youngsters always try to see new things, and they get bored with these kind of discussions. They might stay for a few months, and afterwards they get bored and leave. The money is also a point here,you do not make a lot of money, and young people would not like to spend a long time sitting in front of a computer to make little pennies. The second part is, some people leave because of the hidden racism, in mylot. People might say that they are not racist, but there are a lot of racist people here. It is a sad fact, but you have to accept it. Finally, there are people who would have moved up in life, and they would even forgotten mylot by now.Some time back I had also left myLot, and would have forgotten it, but for the daily emails which made me remember it every time I used to open my computer.
I have the same situation. I went back to mylot because I miss it. Everytime I open my email account daily mylot digest is wat I see. The racial thing could also be one factor. Three years ago, I posted a discussion wherein it is about all Filipinos should have some sort of group here, but then as I remember someone posted that that kind of thinking should not be allowed in mylot since this site tries to converge each and everyone regardless of their origin. But this year when I come back to mylot, I see a group "Philippines", well it didn't work quite well. People of the same country still tend to be more close to each other.
That could be true - the younger ones are probably out for the earnings more than to discuss things (thus the short, nothing answers from many of them). If you don't enjoy the discussions, chances are you won't hang on to myLot. Do you think there is hidden racism in myLot? Can you give an example? Sometimes it's the way people say things - it's not that they're truly a racist, but the way they say things may make them sound like one (like my in-laws). Yep, and there are those who have moved on for whatever reason. I'm not leaving anytime soon!
switcher - Wow - did someone really say that? I noticed there are a lot of Phillipinos (and Phillipinas) on myLot - but that should make no difference. Everyone is allowed to be on board myLot. I didn't know there were specific cultural groups here - I'll have to check them out just to see what everyone is chatting about.
Hello much2say! I have some few friends here also that aren't active anymore. Mylot is a good site, that is why some mylot members are addictive to it too. And I am also hearing other people saying, that they are hanging around in here for hours a day unnoticeably because they enjoy posting and sharing their ideas... However, the earnings here are bit low and slow... maybe that is one of the factors too. Many are looking and searching for other sites that pays much--- money is a good motivational tool. Getting bad responses also would make others disappointed especially if always... Getting few or no responses to their own started discussions could also be the reason... Deleted discussion can be too...
Thanks for all your comments in this discussion, lovelyn_medrano! Oh yah, I can pass the time away on this site if I'm not careful - ha ha. It really is cool post and share ideas. I think the way one can earn is pretty good here, it's almost in your hands as it all depends on your participation. It won't make you rich, but what you do for it is a whole lot better than what you have to do for other sites. If a person doesn't like to discuss, most likely they won't hang out here anymore. I've never come across a deleted discussion (or at least I haven't noticed), but enough of those probably would be frustrating!
That is right much2say, this site can't make us rich but more and more people are getting addictive with mylot because of its concept. Mylot is a social site where everybody are free to post anything under the sun. Yeah! this site is cool and we can learn so many new things in here. Happy mylotting to you, much2say!
@goleador (137)
• Mexico
maybe it's for the time it takes to make money, I gave up for that, I don't remember the last time I logged in, but I'm back again just because I don't have anything else to do right now.
Yeah goleador, that is what I think one of the reasons too. Money is a motivating factor, and undeniably, many of us learned about this site in quest for online earnings...
It does take time to make your earnings here, but if you love what you're doing, it really doesn't amount to a lot of time. Hope you can log in more often . . . afterall, your earnings are based on your participation here. Write more - and more often - you'll see that it does pay off!
It is very much possible that there were those who came to myLot believing that they will earn a fortune in a very short time. When they realized that it's not as easy as they thought, they just gave up. There are also those, based on their posts, who are not totally in favor of the policies of this site. While there are some (like those whom I have earlier referred) who thinks that it's a waste of time starting discussions and / or responding to discussions just to earn a meager amount of money. Others perhaps, have just become so busy that they decided to spend lesser time here then eventually gave up on myLot.
By now I think most of us realize we're not going to get rich here, but anyone who stays is not here for the money. Well, the little bit we get here is always nice - but probably many of us simply like being on myLot. I don't understand how anyone can think badly about the policies here . . . I think it's all straightforward and simple - makes sense to me! Gosh, I haven't seen this discussion in a while . . . reminds me how long I've been here - I'm glad I haven't given up!
@May2k8 (9250)
some people give up because they are busy with work and did not have time to be here. Or, they gave up because they can not get a lot of money and decided to stop. Maybe I type of person who easily give up, and not much to do because I have not fully experienced with all areas. Only these words I want to say, and the rest you can add.
All those reasons are true. Some people have better things to do than to be making their change on myLot. Others are trying to make more than change on myLot but get sorely disappointed that you actually have to work at it.