do you think we all tell the truth????

@DOLLYBABY (2534)
do we all tell the truth in social websites ???should it matter or matter not that we don't tell the truth in social websites like sharing our true identity such has our age and location and even photos etc?i know we all like to be private and like to keep our identity private and safe from others,social network can be harmful as well all suppose to know by now as well as being useful to learn about other people and their cultures etc..and on the other hand we all or some of us like to be someone else just a little bit different from how we really are in the outside world...cause no one online that we meet will ever know the truth unless you provide them with the facts of who you really are.we all have that desire to be different and that also help us to grow.there's a places where someone can be anonymous and that place is online and even in the outside world as well. i personally don't believe all of us tell the truth or share the truth with other members of the social community...i know most of us probably lied about stuff in our discussions probably to get attention and for earnings potential or just to make a spark in our everyday online activity...so do you make up a completely new person by being online? do you tell the truth or you withhold some of the information?
@deedee328 (1127)
I do not believe that people tell the truth online, in general. As far as telling the truth about yourself, I think that depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If your goal is to just socialize and chat, I see no real harm in exaggerating, or omitting details about yourself and your life. However, if you are trying to meet a potential mate or gain true friends, then it is absolutely neccessary to tell the truth. Though I do not volunteer information or divulge any deep, dark secrets, I do tell the truth when I am asked questions about myself. I try not to do anything that I would be ashamed for my mother, or my God to know about, and this makes my life dull by some people's standards. I think that could be a good thing. I fail to see the point in lying. I know there are people who would say I was crazy for giving some of my information to people online, but i figure that with the technology we have today, if someone out there really wanted to, they could find you regardless of the truthfullness of the information you have given them. I do not post photos because the camera is not my friend. It shows all my wrinkles and adds those ten pounds that I dont need added.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
i agree with what your saying...don't worry about the photo thing...it's better that way....just for protection.
@deedee328 (1127)
Thank you. I was serious about taking bad pictures. I had not really thought of not posting photos for protection. In my case, it may keep would be maniacs away. hmmmm....
The actual key to the answer of your main question lies in the following question: Do we as humans always tell the truth in our real lives? For most people the answer to this question is that no, they don't always tell the truth. Now, for me, I don't share everything about myself online, but I also don't invent an entirely new persona for myself online. I was taught that honesty is the best policy and I try to follow that as closely as I can.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
Yea honest sometimes is not so good
@23uday (2998)
hi friend, Obviously we have to tell the truth.In life we have to tell truth and never tell the lie.be avoid the lie from our life.Be always a truth in life. when we in truth side always a success comes in our way. be a positive way and tell the truth in life. have a good day.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
we all tell lie...sometimes telling the truth always doesn't get us anywhere and also can bring harm to us as well.
@Hazelrose (2182)
Hi DOLLYBABY,What i can say in this discuussions, that every time i gave my reponse is true to me and mostly base on my experinced.Any way, even how many times you will ask that kind of question still my answer was almost the same.I do not know if others did not tell the truth in sharing their ideas.But for me,I just keep only my personal info for my protection. Have a nice day!
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
thank you for your honest response.
no matter how much of an honest person you are, you will lie sometime in your life. parents lie to their children to make them feel better all the time.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
so true everybody tells a little wet lie now and then.
Hi. I believe that most of the netizens are not true to their identities and personal details. Personally, I only select the information that I share about myself online. There are a lot of cases about cyber crimes and identity thefts. However, I don't make up things or tell lies online just for the sake of sharing something. If I don't want to share info about my personal details and experiences, I just don't share it - no need to come up with false information just for the sake of sharing something.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
wow cyber crimes and identify....how to go about punishing someone for those kind of complaint.
There's a bit of a safety net with lying over the internet, isn't there? There's pretty much no way to get caught in a lie, which is nice, I guess, for liars. I don't typically lie online just because.. there's no real reason to lie for me. I'm not trying to impress anyone online, so I think it makes more sense to just be myself. But to each's own.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
yes lying online is definitely a good way of securing one safety.
@tangurama (206)
No, I think the majority of the people who uses social websites lie about themselves. I would have to say that half of these people either don't trust the site so they don't put their real information, and the other half has hidden intentions and they don't want people to know.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
your correct but i do believe the reason why people lie on their profiles is to protect their identity.
@tommyj (46)
I think it depends on what you are doing or what you are looking for on the site. I was searching for someone so I told the truth about everything . Its amazing to me when someone says you can't trust anyone and their pictures are a hundred years old. lol You tend to get what you give wheather on or off the net...
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
yea it's hard to trust especially online.
@artistry (4153)
..Hi DOLLYBABY, I think we all tell the truth as we think we see it. As some have said, there is your side, my side and then there is the truth. There is always that thing called perspective involved. As far as sharing personal information about onesself, that is a matter of choice. You should be, I think, as honest as you can be, but what you want to tell about yourself is your total business. You are posting on an open site, what you feel comfortable with telling is what you should post. One thing about the truth, you don't have to remember what it was you said, as you do when you lie. You may lie by omission as they say, but there is also a privacy factor involved, as far as I can see. So there you have it, the truth as one person sees it "o) Take good care.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
Yea telling the truth or lying is definitely our choice.
@liamsam (31)
nope! not every post comes from the heart. not everything is true. we sometimes withhold something for our own. can't be blamed. that is life.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
yes i do believe some post are not truthful....but like you said that's life.
@spoof10 (40)
Sometimes I might pretend that I might be a somebody but at the end I would tell, I can't help myself, after everything, it's like I need to tell the truth every lie I make, it's like an automatic personality. but if I need to keep the in information or no one wants to know it badly then I will keep it safe but if its a big one, I need to share it, I can't live with me knowing another person's secret without telling anybody. It's hard.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
well i know how you feel...i am referring to from the first to last sentence of your discussion..i can be like that too..i just don't tell it...and it's hard to tell a lie and keep up with it...cause i always find myself going back telling the truth.
@megamatt (14326)
There is some twisting of the truth that is done online I think. Some twisting is more than others obviously. I try to remain truthful for the most part but there are some things that I will dance around. Be rather vague at times. I tell the truth mostly, but there is some omitting details to protect the innocent and the not so innocent as well.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
i guess i need to start dancing around things like you do....i think it would be best for me.
I cant say much about others, but as per my best knowledge 80% people tell lie. But I personally tell truth most of the time, but yes sometimes i have to tell lie just because of another person's happiness.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
yea i already know a lot of online people doesn't tell the truth....and i don't blame them at all under certain circumstances.
@May2k8 (10081)
I keep my personal data information, the internet is saving a lot of data. This is a way to avoid phishing scams from the internet. Because every site we visited was a trusted and there is not, we need to know their background before we decided to put our identity to them. I can not tell the truth 100%, because if people find through search engines and then use our data, it will be our own fault why we are talking 100%, while there are people who use our story to their advantage.
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
your so correct...you have hit the nail on the head...what you just mention here is what been happening to me last year...i always put truthful and honest information about myself on my social online profiles...that's the worst thing i have ever done...because i got an hacker from last year been using my pictures and data and had add additional information about me which is not truth....it's something i have to live with now...that's where i messed up.
Hi, Dollybaby, yes, you are right,sometimes someone need to told lie if they have to keep pur identity private and safe, but in another hand, website is the shadow of a shade, i think we shouldn't tell lie, no matter who you are and where you are, we just make the heart communion, so i think other informations is not important. what's your opinon? Best regards.Xiaohui
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
well it's nice to share truthful and honest information online...but i have been doing that online in social websites for six years now,trust me it doesn't do me any good at all after having recent experience with hacker.
@Rainegurl (2158)
The only thing I keep revealing online is my true name. Everything else, my birthday, my country, etc is all true. I have learned long ago that it is not good to tell lies here in Mylot. Especially if you are planning to be here for a long time. I have to post and answer a lot lot lot of discussions and, if I make up a story about myself, then I might forget some detail of my "online" personality some time. I will get caught. There are a lot of members here who regard each other as friends and who keep track of their friends' activities. By not telling lies, I am free to respond to the all discussions I find interesting. Have nice day!
@DOLLYBABY (2534)
well that's very nice of your to only provide truthful and factual information about yourself here online...i have done the same thing too...i have never try to pretend or be anyone else....i don't know but i just like telling the truth..