Now what for Health Care?

Well the Senator Brown from MA has already said he will vote against it. So the bill no longer has 60 votes. What now? Snow would have been someone they may have been able to pull over to vote for it....but her and Reid are not seeing eye to eye on this one and she has said "there is no use in compromising on this one. It is a waste of time". So the likelihood of picking back up 60 votes is not good. Many Dems on the hill are now saying that they should "step back" from healthcare and focus on jobs.Then come back to healthcare later. Others are saying that it needs to go ahead BEFORE Brown is sworn in. Others are saying have the vote AFTER Brown is swore in. Seems the future of this bill is completely up in the air. What do you think is going to happen?
@missybal (4492)
My guess is that if all else fails the Democrat party will call for reconciliation in order to pass their health care bill in the senate... they still have 58 democrats in the Senate and a super majority in the house and they would only need 51 to vote for it. I still believe they will do anything to get it passed. Pelosi was saying that just recently that it didn't matter if Brown won, they intend to pass it.
@clrumfelt (5452)
My guess is they will try and find a loophole that will allow them to push it through, and then enough of them will be unseated in Nov. and give conservatives a chance to repeal the mess.
I do think this should be a wake up call for them that the public is not happy. I think they would find people less mad if we did not feel "pushed" out of the process with all these "closed" door meetings. As for pushing it through....I don't know if that is going to happen. I think a lot of them ARE scared of getting voted out IF it does get pushed through....so I think a lot of them just want to drop it.
@clrumfelt (5452)
I agree. Many of those representatives who were intimidated into supporting the bill are now facing intimidation from the approaching elections. The bill is losing support every day, especially since Scott Brown is elected.
@gewcew23 (8011)
As all good thieves they have ways to get around anything. They may just give up but they, the Dems, have invested way to much to give up now. It is like Pickett's Charge on the third day at Gettysburg, half way to the union lines Pickett had lost half of his men, but he could not stop because he was half way there and had cost so much getting there. My guess is the Dems will go nuclear and take out the filibuster option, or just prevent Brown from becoming a Senator for as long as it takes.