Have you ever put salad dressing on your meat?

I don't know how to cook well so I am bored with my same old meals. I cleaned me some pork chops this afternoon and put some seasoning on them. Then I spread some ranch dressing on both sides and put it in the fridge. I plan on cooking them tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I was wondering if you ever did anything like this before.
@TrvlArrngr (4052)
I marinate my london broil in italian dressing. I also use it on chicken. it comes out very tasty.
I see just how tasty it can be. My food came out so nice. I will be trying it with Italian dressing next.
Awesome! You will love it.
@ElicBxn (61059)
Not ranch dressing, but then again, I'm not a big fan of ranch dressing. Now I have put Italian on chicken...
I will try this one next. it was so nice to eat a good meal for a change.
@kquiming (2999)
Never done that before. So it tasted good huh? I'm not into experimenting with food that much because I hate it when it doesn't turn out the way it's supposed to, LoL, that means I'll have to throw it away. Such a waste of food. Makes me feel guilty.
Oh how good my pork chops came out. I will be doing this more often.
It should be very tasty. If I am going to marinate meat, I usually use a vinaigrette or Italian dressing. My son, however, will put ranch dressing on everything. The dressing will tend to make your meat more tender. I hope you enjoy them. Let us know how they turn out.
Oh how happy I am to read this. I was so hoping others did this to their food. I will be sure to let you guys know. Thanks so much
And if you have any bread crumbs roll them in that after the ranch dressing "bath"... DELISH! I love ranch dressing with most of my meats. I do like thousand island on steak too... as I like making a steak salad @ the buffet when we get the chance to go.
Oh I forgot too if you cut up boneless chicken b....t and then dip it in ranch & then shake it in bread crumbs you have home made chicken nuggets also.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I do the same thing lots of times. It adds a real spark of new flavor when you marinate with salad dressing for a while. I use Ranch on chicken, and for chops or steaks, I'll often use Russian dressing (the one with tomato) or use Italian. When I do chicken, I always do it skinless, and I rub it on just before cooking, with the others, I'll put it in a tupperware and pour some on and flip it every hour or so until I'm ready to cook it. It's fun to experiment with different types of dressings, sometimes I'll find a combination that is really yummy!
Sometimes I marinate my pork chops or chicken in italian dressing. They are pretty tasty too. I've never tried ranch dressing before but I don't eat ranch so I don't think I would like that but my husband likes ranch so he might would like it.
@Flight84 (3050)
Yes and it's so good! I love marinating chicken in ranch or Italian dressing overnight and then baking it. It's so delicious. It's also good if you don't have dressing but just those seasoning packets of dressing mix and use it as a rub for the meat.
I love ranch dressing, but I will admit that I have never used ranch to marinate meat. You simply have to let me know how it turned out. That said, I have used italian and sun dried tomato dressing to marinate my meat in and both of these taste absolutely wonderful when you use them to marinate meat. Sometimes, some of the best things that can happen in the kitchen wouldn't happen if it wasn't for experimentation.
@venshida (4837)
I use Italian dressing on mines. I have never use the ranch, but it sounds like it might be good. I am planning on cooking skinless chicken Sunday so I am going to try the ranch instead of the Italian to see if I like it.
hi giftsandbagscom oh yes I have marinated pork chops and steaks in Hidden valley ranch dressing then cooked them and they were oh so good, really a wonderful tart rich flavor. I also like to marinate some meats in lower salt soy sauce for an asian flavor to my meat. marinating things really does add flavor to our meat and to our meals too. some meats go well being marinated inorange juice too.
I have done, specifically ranch dressing, it is not the most amazing taste in the world, but it is eatable
@epicure35 (2822)
Yes, salad dressings are very compatable with meats of all kinds and fish and veggies as well. They are very much like marinades, which are used for all types of food. They can also be used as dips for the above. Caesar dressing is great on or for marinating meats, as are all vinaigrettes. I've never tried marinating meats in ranch, but I've used it as a dipping sauce. Many people I know enjoy dipping their meats, fish, veggies right into their salad bowls when their salad is gone; it's delicious. Virtually all of the ingredients in salad dressings are also in marinades - olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and spices. There are recipes for chicken and salmon which involve spreading mayonnaise on them before cooking and mayo is a good moisturizing ingredient for them as well as other foods. It's also much like fondues, where the meat is cooked first then dipped in sauces/dressings afterward.
Yes with grilled chops, or chicken, I will put the marinade on just before i grill them.My favourites are lemon and black pepper, or lime and coriander. They are supposed to be for salad dressing, but they do pep the taste of the grilled meat up. Anything with tomatoes in is good too.
One of the best things is teriyaki sauce, i love using that. i cook with all the time. never use a lot. just enough cause it tends to be salty. but i usually marinate my steaks or chicken or anything really in it for at least an hr. and then when i cook it, it comes out tender and delicious.
@emarie (5451)
i've never tried ranch on pork but i've put italian dressing on chicken and it's pretty good. let me know if it was good and i can try it out myself. but when you marinate chick in italian dressing and bake it it's really good and it saves time as well.
My staple food is ranch dressing - I put it on everything! Including meat!!
@Ravenladyj (22936)
Yea actually..I've done it several times...for example I'll marinade meat (usually pork) in Greek or Italian dressing...I've dipped chicken in Ranch dressing then a breading too and thats actually pretty good..I've also made pork tenderloin thats marinaded in French dressing then grilled and OMG THATS SOOO GOOD!! I've used Catalina with chicken as well LOL....
@madteaparty (2760)
• Japan
I'm glad I'm not the only person who does that . Some salad dressing taste really good when put on meat, so I do that really often! It's good to experiment with cooking, and fun too, so why not to try? Enjoy your meal
I love salad dressing on homemade cheeseburgers. my husband makes really good burgers from the meat he buys at the farmer's market, and he makes the meat into the best tasting and most nutritious burgers in the world!!! They are so good. I love Thousand Island dressing on just about everything.