Nursing moms . . . have you ever had blocked milk ducts?

I don't mean engorgement, I mean seriously blocked milk ducts! I had this yesterday and it sure didn't feel good. I woke up in the morning and I must have been leaning too far on one side when I was sleeping because my breast was sooooo sore. It was rock hard in a few areas and it felt like someone had kicked me there!! I pumped, but apparently not well enough. Later in the day, I had a severe headache, body ache, chills, and a bit of nausea . . . I was not a happy camper. But finally I was able to massage it out, and my baby sucked the rest out to relieve me. This morning I'm totally ok and can't believe I even felt that way yesterday. Sorry if that was too much information! Has that ever happened to you nursing moms? What did you do about it? I heard if it gets really bad, the doctors will give you an antibiotic for it because it could mean an infection. I'm just glad I got rid of it!
@dawnald (84069)
• Shingle Springs, California
I had an infection and it wasn't fun at all. I'd rather stab my foot with a knife... Well OK, not really, but it was painful.
What did you do about the infection? I'd like to have cut off my boob - well, ok, maybe not go that far, but it hurt like you know what. That was my best burping side, and it hurt to put the baby there. Ouch!
@dawnald (84069)
• Shingle Springs, California
I think that in addition to antibiotics, the doc recommended that I put a hot water bottle on it to loosen things up.
I used to have those neck warmers that you warm up in the microwave - I used that with my daughter before nursing. This time around I just go straight to nursing - I do short cuts with my second one on a lot of things - heh heh. You know, I don't think I have a hot water bottle here!