Locating phone numbers

We store phone numbers in our mobile phones and as you know they are stored alphabetically. How does one get a quick access to these numbers specially those that have a name starting with say, 'Z'?
@LeeHolt (436)
I have a cousin whos name starts with Z. My phone is a touch screen, so I just slide my finger down the scroll bar and it's down to the bottom really quickly! Though on most none touch phones you can open the phonebook and press the up key which will take you to the bottom. Or you can type in the letter Z and it will show you the names starting with Z :) Lee.
I always thought I was smart but such a simple thing did not occur to meThanks. And there I was pressing the 'down' key to get to where I wanted!!!
@LeeHolt (436)
Thanks for best response :) Glad I helped!
@kaylachan (4776)
In most phones you can narrow down your search by entering your phone book's list view. Once you see the entire list of phone numbers sorted in the list by name, start to spell the name of the person you're looking for by hitting the corsasponding number on your keypad. Say you are looking for someone whose name starts with the letter "z" you simply hit nine, and it will start with "w" at this point you can tripple-tap type (keep hitting 9 until you see" z") and it will continue to narrow your search to those names starting with "z" Also, if you don't feel confortable with this method, in the same list view you can simply scroll backwards, by hitting the "up" arrow on your phone (providing your phone has a "+" sign type arrow system or something equelvent to that.) that should start your search from the last name on the list instead of the first.
Leehot came here first and so I have given the BR tag there! Thanks for helping me.