Higher education

@enyniya (300)
Bulgaria
How did you choose what to study as a bachelor? I have difficulties choosing my courses and specialties for the future. Any advices?
@writersedge (22577)
First, there was an outline provided for me of what I must take. Then the electives of what I can take. Then I had an advisor who I thought was good, but he went away and I found out I was supposed to have a concentration and I was missing 5 courses. I had to go another semester because my advisor wasn't any good. He put some of my choices under a concentration, but they couldn't be because I had to have advanced courses and I had one o one courses. So your best bets are to look at the outline for whatever you will be getting a degree in. Pick some courses based on that, but make sure you get a really good advisor. A poor or bad advisor can hurt you badly. Also, if you know someone that hires in your field, ask that person what he or she looks for.
@enyniya (300)
• Bulgaria
I guess I havent asked the right question. The information you have provided helped me a lot but I actually dont know what I am good at so I dont know what degree I want. Also how do I find out which advisor is good and which is not?
@writersedge (22577)
Run, do not walk, to the counseling department. Ask for a test of interests and ask for a test of abilities (this second one, they may have to send you to whatever the State's department of labor has). After you have taken both tests, they will tell you where your interests and abilities lie. Then ask who the best advisors are.
@enyniya (300)
• Bulgaria
In Bulgaria we do not have these tests, I checked today, Do you think you can give me a link to a free test online"?