What is the best time of year to save money in travel?

What is the best time of year to save money in travel? Most people go no vacation around the holidays, yet that can be mighty expensive, too. Is it better to wait till very few travel? What are the off-dates to travel? Does doing so save money?
@beeduzhe (138)
It a good idea to travel after holidays and I think it will surely save a lot of money.But it also depends on where you want to go,if the places you want to travel are a long distance,you have to travel on your holidays,and you will also enjoy your holidays and the far-off scenery. And the little travels I think it's better to choose a time after the holidays to avoid the high expensive the crowded people,especially in China... beeduzhe
@maximax8 (30066)
It depends on where the plane is going. From my home country to places in Southern Europe there are cheap fares in May and June plus in September and October. The fares will be a lot in late July and August due to the school holidays. Early July will be fairly expensive. From my home country to Australia or New Zealand the best time to get a cheaper flight would be from April to June. However that would be the winter season so I avoid going then. A better time weather wise is November before the fares go up for Christmas and New Year. January and February have some great airfares. It is worth looking into what the likely weather might be. Going around the world I went to some places in the wet season. The dry season is poor pleasant. When I am teaching full time I book my flight in advance for the school holidays. I went to the Seychelles at Easter Time. It would have been a lot more pricey if I had gone in the summer holidays. I went to Cape Town in January and the days were sunny. Not all that many tourists were there. At Christmas time it would have been very busy. I wish to go to Canada in late June until early July. I looked around and jumped into booking the cheapest flight. I will be taking my toddler son and my baby daughter. April, May, June, September or October for Europe or Canada. November, January or February for some winter sun. I avoid late July and August unless I book very much in advance and get a cheap deal. I avoid Christmas.