What do you put on your face?

I have these dry patches on my face. Mike says it is dry skin and told me to put cocoa butter on it. My face in now itching and greesy. It stopped the burning from the face wash though. But I can't continue to use cocoa butter on my face. Please tell me what you use. Also do you think these circles of dry patches are dry skin. I know it is not ring worm. Thanks a bunch for the help.
@zoey7879 (3104)
Give this one a shot.... 2/3 c. ground oatmeal (NOT instant oatmeal) 1 c. plain yogurt Combine them together. Apply to your face and leave for about 15 minutes. Scrub off with warm water in circular motions. This will help exfoliate. Then try using any of these to moisturize: A few drops of vegetable oil, olive oil, or coconut oil (rub into skin, pat with a washcloth to absorb excess) Lemon juice with yogurt Milk with coco - Mix to paste consistency, apply to face 5-15 minutes, rinse.
@thyst07 (2091)
All good tips, except for the lemon juice. While it is a great ingredient for healthy skin, lemon juice isn't a good idea for irritated skin. It's very acidic and will sting. Lemon juice also has an astringent action, meaning that it pulls the natural oils away from your skin. If your skin is already dry, this isn't a good solution. Just plain yogurt would be ok, though.
@saphrina (31733)
• South Africa
Go and get yourself some aquas cream. Don't use any soap or facewash. You can use the cream as a soap, just put it on, leave for about five minutes and then rinse. Pat your face dry, don't rub it. Then you apply a small amount of the cream on the affected areas. If that doesn,t help, go see your GP. TATA
I may sound dumb here who is the GP? Thanks
@saphrina (31733)
• South Africa
General Practitioner or as some of us will call them, a docter. TATA.
@katland05 (136)
• Guam
giftsandbagscom hi... My husband sometimes gets those patches on his face but when he constantly washes his face with water then puts on vitamin E lotion the patches disappear... So he always uses lotion even after daily baths & all will be good... I think because of the hot weather in my country he gets these once in a while as we live in the pacific islands...
@eshaan (6192)
Sandalwood is too good for freshening up your skin....here in India we get sandalwood pieces for this purpose, which we wet with water and then rub on some rough surface, to get some paste of it, which we mix with turmeric powder, this gives a new birth to your skin and also makes your color fair or cleaner than earlier....hope this helps
During the winter it is extremely common to get dry skin all over your body. I will use baby lotion for the problem places on my body. However, when it comes to my face, I find that the best way to treat dry skin on my face is to not treat it at all. What I mean is that I wash my face wih plain water only. I find that I don't have a lot of dry skin on my face because I'm not taking away the natural oils from my skin. I also don't wear makeup very often at all.
@illfavors (592)
Try finding a green tea oil absorbing moisturizer. Or try to find something that doesn't have extra oil in it or something that is all natural. Burt's Bees has great products for your face and I have used them and they have done wonders for my skin.
I think this is summer put some cool items it will be good to your face
i always worry about my colour and my friends used to make fun of me . but it wont be very serious . i will try to improve my skin colour . i will use some face creams for my face . i will apply it when ever i wash my face . but some times i feel a bit itchy in my face when i use those creams . it took some time for me to settle with a particular cream and now i found one .
I just use a normal facial wash and Olay cream for my face. I have been using it for quite a while now and I like it very much. Though I have tried many many products before I stayed with Olay. So I guess, it's really a trial and error when it comes to products like that cause we all have different type of skins.
i didnt put any on my face. just clean water and soap. though i always visit derma clinic once a month for facial and deep cleaning of my face. i hate to put cream specially at night, i feel so sticky with it.
@lelin1123 (15635)
• Puerto Rico
Hi Giftsandbagscom - I use Dove Cream Oil it is so good. I just found this product a few months ago and it workds wonders. I use it after I shower all over by body. Try it I think you will love it. Good luck to you!
@thyst07 (2091)
The patches of dry skin could be just dry skin. They could also be something like eczema, or they could be caused by chemical irritants in your normal facial products. If your face wash is irritating, then stop using it. Go for something that has gentler natural ingredients, like Dr. Bronner's soap. For a moisturizer, I highly recommend coconut oil. It won't clog your pores, and it has nutrients in it that will protect your skin and help it heal. It feels oily when you first apply it, but as long as you only use a thin layer it absorbs well and won't leave your face feeling greasy all day. You should also discontinue using any makeup at least until the problem clears up. If it doesn't clear up soon, you might want to consult a doctor.
@rajaiv0810 (1013)
Try to moisturize your face often. Wash it first with face wash, then moisturize it. Do it quite often coz it may be just dry skin. Try to avoid using other facial solutions coz it might add to the problem. However, if you're worried about it I think it would be better to visit your Dermatologist.