Is being diplomatic a compliment?

A few days ago, I was talking to my friend Chris. He was asking my opinion on something, so I explored both sides of the issue, and didn't really come up with the answer he was looking for. Yet my friend said I was very diplomatic. What does this mean? Is it a good compliment, or does it mean I'd rather stay on the fence with some issues? Maybe I just need to be more outspoken and take a stand, but I prefer to consider both sides of an issue before stating my thoughts. I hope being diplomatic isn't a bad thing, for I believe it is good to be fair, too.
Being diplomatic is a compliment in my honest opinion. The fact that you have the ability to look at both sides of an issue is a great thing in the long run. There are many people that feel that they can only look at things based on their own personal opinion. You aren't married to your opinion so you are able to look at the issue in such a way that what you end up with an answer that is not skewed based on your own opinion.
@ElicBxn (61051)
I think in this case its a compliment - you aren't being a yes man but you aren't turning it down cold either - you have given him a couple of new thoughts about the subject and maybe you have managed to change his mind about it or at least given him a new side to look at
@lelin1123 (15639)
• Puerto Rico
Being diplomatic is a good thing. The meaning is being tactful or suave, engaging in diplomacy. Don't worry its not a bad thing. Unless of course you are always diplomatic and don't give your true feelings on a certain subject. That can get alittle boring. People usually want to know what your thoughts or true feeling are on a certain ideal or subject.
I think the fact that he used the term "diplomatic" was a compliment. Even if he wished that you would come up with an answer and solve his dilemma for you. If he had said you were "waffling" it would not have been complimentary at all. Be happy, you are in a world class position, being a diplomat.