Is it okay to be a Momma's girl at 36?

This may seem like a silly question, but I am sometimes embarrassed by it. Maybe because I hold deep feeling for my mom, but I think I am more a momma's girl, even at 36. I also think it is okay to admit to needing our parents, no matter the age. I find when my mom treats me by sending my little care packages in the mail, I get that lovey-dovey feeling still from her. I think I am also more of a momm'as girl, for being able to relate to her more than my own dad who has never been there. I will listen to my mom the most, too, when it comes to advice about life, for she knows me better. Are you still a momma's girl, no matter your age?
@jambi462 (4595)
I think that we should always try and stay connected to our parents because there's not many people out there that generally love you as much as your parents do. I hate how all the responsibilites that you gain as you grow up in life push you further and further away from your friends and family. I love my mother very much and could honestly care less if anyone calls me a Momma's boy.
I think it is great you are a Momma's boy, and I don't see anything worng about that. My son is still a Mooma's Boy at 18, as we can still talk, and he will sometimes try to sit on my lap (even though he is almost a foot taller than me and weighs more!). I love my son very much, and I hope to continue our relationship.
@ksmita (515)
hi. i don't think there is anything wrong in being momma's girl , at any age for that matter. iam momma's girl. at this age also, my mother take care of me . she never say that you are old enough to take care of yourself. instead , she likes to treat me like a small girl. she will cook what i like, helps me financially, scolds my siblings if they hurt me, stand by me even if iam wrong. some times , i try to hide my pain, but i don't know how she reads my silence and say something nice that really charge me up. its a good feeling that someone loves you unconditionally ,loves you the way you are and never find anything wrong with you. i accept , iam momma's girl and will remain forever. happy mylotting.
My mom can also read me pretty good, even if we are just talking on the phone! she can tell the tone in my voice if something is wrong, and picks up on things like no one else. I am grateful to have her in my life, and I hope we continue our relationship for a very long time. I love being a momma's girl!
@newtalent (1114)
That is great that you have a good relationship with your mom. No, I do not think its bad to a mommas girl or daddy's girl. Most adults that have families of their own separate from that and get caught up in life in general. A lot of people would die to have a loving relationship with their parents after they are over the age of being a legal adult. Its difficult and time consuming. SO enjoy it and cherish the moments you have with each other. DO not worry about others have to say or think. Its cool to feel good about your relationship and it awesome to get little care packages in the mail. Take care.
Thank you for your understanding words newtalent, about being a momma's or a daddy's girl at any age. I appreciate it, and I can completely relate to what you are saying, for as we become adults, life can get in the way. Yet it is still worthwhile to make the effort to have a relationship with our parents, too.
well it is never old to be a momma girls.. u will always be one even if u dont want it... u r u just dont realise them... so it doesn't matter.. if u have a mom then u will always be a momma girls..for girls that is
@Janey1966 (24141)
• Carlisle, England
Oh God not 'arf! I'm 43 and Mum is 63 so the age gap isn't massive. My Dad, however, is 9 years older than Mum and is set in his ways (always has been) but I love them both equally of course. I've mentioned Mum on MyLot loads of times and will continue to do so as she is the ONLY person who understands me...not totally as I often surprise her with my behaviour even now..but I do get along brilliantly with her. When I was little I didn't really talk to anybody, in my teens I was out all the time (but did go into Town shopping with her on occasion) but it's only now..after moving away that I realise just how precious my Mum is to me. I don't see her as often as I would like but when I do we have such a laugh and I always ring her (free phone at night-time) 3 times a week. There we put the world to rights, then feel much better!
Your question really struck a chord with me. I'm the youngest of nine children and my mother still treats me like the baby of the family! I'm the one she cooks a cake for, despite the fact that I'm married and perfectly capable of cooking my own cakes! I'm the one she worries most about even though I'm a pretty stable person with a good relationship and a good job. On the other hand, she tells me off like I'm a five-year-old and tuts if I say a rude word. She lets my brothers and sisters say what they like! It's all a big joke in my family and I pretend to be annoyed but secretly I quite like being the perennial "baby"!
@lelin1123 (15635)
• Puerto Rico
I was alway told that I was Daddy's little girl growing up. We do have a very good connection but I talk to my mom each and every day sometimes three times in one day. I do seem to get along with my mom more then my other brothers and sisters, meaning I'm there for my parents more then the others. No other brother and sister of mind calls her everyday. So I guess I am a momma's girl at 53.
@tcup345 (360)
As long as you are not using your mother--don't sweat it. Enjoy your mother's little attentions while you can. My mother is gone, we never did have a close relationship, and my dad was never in my life. Nothing can surpass a parent's love. Occasionally, treat your mom, she'll be delighted, most anything will do, just so long as you let her know that you appreciate her and her love. I've never been a momma's girl, per say, but I miss her and wish I would have shown her my appreciation for all that she sacrificed for me. Now as an adult, I understand most of everything she has done for me and the life she gave up to raise me in the best way she knew how.
@sender621 (14934)
I think it is more than OK to be a momma's girl at 36. Age should never be a barrier. You should never lose respect or admiration for your parents. I would like to believe that I am still a momma's girl and I am way past your age.