Thinking of getting a haircut today

I was thinking of treating myself to a hair cut and style today at the local salon in town. I have long straight hair, and a long face, so I don't know what kind of style would look good for me. What do you suggest? I think I want medium to long layers to fall softly around my face, and I just want something different, you know? I guess I am tired of putting it back into a ponytail or a bun most everyday, too. It's just now that spring is around the corner, I feel the need to do something different!
If your going to cut your hair then don't cut with sisscours cut with razor because its gives shape and cut step cut it will suit your face my dear friend.
Thank you for your advice Nirishasol! I appreciate it! Have a good day!
@webearn99 (1743)
I think that a little bit of "Volume" in your hair will subtly arrange your face to look not so long! Combining this a with a good posture and a healthy attitude should get that "Feeling Good" thing going, just the right thing for the spring.
Thank you webearn99! I do need a little more volume in my hair style, for I am tired of the little girl with straight hair look! Thank you!
@goldeneagle (6774)
I hope you didn't do it...women with long hair are much sexier to me LOL
Much like you I have long and straight hair. Last year when I was ready for a change, I went to the salon and told the beautician that I wanted to have something different done with my hair and that I wanted it to be a lot shorter than it had been. She ended up cutting to to just above my shoulders and gave me a lot of chunky layers. If you aren't comfortable asking the beautician for a suggestion, then you can always look through magazines and see what you like.
@lelin1123 (15635)
• Puerto Rico
I to have straight hair and its getting longer then I like it. I have been told because of my straight baby fine hair I should wear it short. I think you may like it a bit shorter in the layers like you say but it should flatter your face. Shorter so you are not tempted to put it up in a ponytail. I really have to go and get my hair cut soon and I'm going short short.