People have the right to believe what they like.

Mike is trying to tell me you won't get stretch marks if you greese your skin. I say your stretching out your skin so you will get them regardless. He disagrees with me. So Now I want to know your thoughts. Can you get stretch marks if your skin is moist?
Some people are more prone to stretch marks than others. The people who get fewer stretch marks have more collagen in their underlying tissues. No matter how much you grease or moiturize, if your collagen breaks down you will have stretch marks. There are scar minimizing products that help as well.
I hate to say that I think Mike might be right, but I think Mike might be right. I don't have any kind of scientific evidence to back up my opinion. However, I've noticed that when things are damp that they tend to be more flexible. Therefore, I would assume that if the skin was slightly damp that it would be more pliable and thus it would be more difficult for stretch marks to develop. Of course, like I said before, I could be wrong.
i dont know, as i heard that stretch mark is genetics like if your mother or sisters have it then expect that you will also have it no matte how preventive measure you have. though they said to moisturize your skin will help to prevent stretch mark as it will nourish your skin and become elastic. cocoa butter and oil rich in vitamin e is a must but as i said its genetic. i just heard that from articles online before as im also searching on how to void it since im currently pregnant coz its prone to pregnant woman.
@EvrWonder (3577)
I can only speak from experience, which is when my sister was pregnant with her first, she used a natural Vitamin E cream, mostly on her belly and thighs. She didn't get one stretch mark. She has had six babies and not one stretch mark. Now is that to do with genetics or the Vitamin E cream lathered onto her skin daily? My neice had a baby recently and apparently she did get stretch marks. Maybe it has something to do with the size of the baby or perhaps the rate the baby grows while inside. Although you may not be talking in terms of being pregnant in which case perhaps you are meaning just simply getting large by gaining weight. I think over all the more we moisturize the better it is for out skin. What makes elasticity? If we are lacking then we may be predisposed to stretch marks none the less. I know that if one uses a good moisturizer and massages it into their hips and thighs daily, that this can keep cellulite down to basically none.
@Reyk22 (132)
Stretch marks wont happen if your skin is moist, only if it is immersed in water, like an pool. Grease will relieve thees marks.
Greasing the skin doesn't necessarily leave it stretch mark free... Stretch marks are acquired because our skin expands. Just like a paper. It will always leave a crease. Of course we can grease it or wet it but there will always be a mark left. Unless of course we use those on the market that offers a mark free skin, though I have not tried any. LOLZ
@sedel1027 (17851)
I have always heard that Cocoa butter might help but its never been proven. Some people swear by it though. I used it through my entire pregnancy and didn't get any new stretch marks.