Do you Believe A person Can sell their Soul?

I have seen this in movies, have heard people say and I was wondering how many people actually believe that you can sell your soul. I think that this belief would be a little out there but I just want to know.
@Rollo1 (16650)
• Boston, Massachusetts
If you could sell your soul, there would be an awful lot of people kicking themselves for having given it away and gotten nothing in exchange. In a way, a soul might be said to be exchanged for things people see as valuable. Many resist God because they believe He will demand a change in their lives and behavior, a giving up of habits, activities and thoughts they enjoy or are addicted to. Hedonism dictates that one accept no boundaries, but it doesn't pay well. In the end, the trade for what people perceive as freedom is not a good exchange, because they lose eternal life and the great privilege and wonderment of having a personal relationship with the most powerful being in the universe.
@Ravenladyj (22936)
If you could sell your soul, there would be an awful lot of people kicking themselves for having given it away and gotten nothing in exchange no there wouldnt because they'd be complete zombies...without a soul how could they even be conscience of anything let alone what they've done...
@Ravenladyj (22936)
oohh good point..
Thank you guys for your responses.
@thezone (9451)
Hi pastorkayte, I am surprised that a soul has not popped up on ebay at some stage, I do not think it would breach their terms of use at least not last time I read it. There was a boom in selling imaginary friends at one time so I do believe it is possible to sell a soul. I am sure there would be someone willing to buy it, even if they had nothing to show for their money.
@zed_k4 (17624)
The day a soul pops up on online sale channels, I'll faint.. LOL.. But that's a thought there..
Please dont start setting up your Soul Store today, you cant sell what does not belong to you, however since you got it for free you can give it away.
@madteaparty (2759)
• Japan
I don't believe in souls or being able to sell them, of course, but I find it funny when I see it in a movie. It's in many movies and books, isn't i? But some people take fiction too far and end up believing it, can't be helped
The belief in souls have been around a long time to say that it may or may not be true, however I sincerly believe that you have a soul, like psychology proved you have an ego I believe it is much a part of you that makes you who you are and makes you an individual.
@zed_k4 (17624)
I think there are people doing that.. It might be possible, with those whom have dabbled in black magic. It's not advisable of course, and in my personal opinion, I totally think that someone shouldn't sell their soul at all. Be it to the devil or whatever the term is.. A soul only belongs to ourselves and we have to take care of it, no matter what. I also don't believe in taking someone else soul through black magic..that's totally uncalled for and it's against my ethics.
Introduction.
@zed_k4 (17624)
On?..
Oh sorry someone kept jumping in on IM and someone wanted to introduce me and I think I wrote Introduction by accident however I have not even got to black magic yet on my studies so let me not start that one.
I've never really thought of it seriously, but now that you ask, I don't think its possible. First of all, how would you know that you got what you paid for? The soul can't be seen or touched, so how would one know they actually have what they purchase? Two, how would you be able to separate the soul from the body. Its not like a person could just go in there and get it. Finally, what would one do with a soul once they bought it? The soul is what brings life to the body, so unless a person were planning to put it in another body (only God knows how they would do that lol. I know bad joke), it seems to me that the soul would actually be pretty useless by itself. So all in all. I think that buying a soul is just about as possible as getting oceanfront property in Iowa.
Thank you I think you are right.
@Pose123 (21662)
Hi pastorkayte, No I don't believe that a person can sell their soul. Such an idea is what I call Hollywood hype. Some people get a kick out of scary movies. lessings.
Thank you!
@bird123 (10554)
We are all spiritual beings in our true natures so there isn't something that can be sold.Of course people can choose money and possessions over everything.Perhaps, this could be considered selling yourself out. In reality, it's just some bad choices which require more lessons to attain understanding of it all.
Good answer
@zoey7879 (3104)
Someone very close to me, while on a drunken tirade, had claimed to have sold his soul to the devil for booze. In so many ways, I believe it - on a figurative level. Once a person stops caring about anything or anyone around them, themselves included or cares only about themselves, in order to put themselves or something else negative before all of these things, I would have considered this to have "sold the soul"... They've succumbed to negativity and temptation, going adrift from all that is good in life.
very good, good, good point. I had to say that because it was extremely insightful thing to say.
@phoenix8606 (4977)
hi! Well, there are two points of view here, depending on that are you religious or not. because if you are a religious person and believe in God then you must also believe in the devil, and if the Devil really exists, then I think a person can sell its soul to Him, just like in the movies we all have watched. But if you don't believe in God and His opposite- Devil, then you shouldn't believe in that too!
I believe the devil exists however I dont think people can sell their soul to him, I think they give it to him free of charge, when they sin. And why would he buy the cow if they give him the milk for free.
@rosegardens (3040)
Whenever we sin, we do give a little piece of ourselves away. If we confess our sin and turn back to God He reclaims our soul for us. There are people who give away their souls wholeheartedly to evil for power or money. It does sound absurd and something one would think to witness only in the movies, yet it does really happen. Count yourself fortunate you have not known anyone who has done this.
Thank you for your response.
@Ravenladyj (22936)
No of course not..thats just hollywood movie ideas ya know...Realistically how could one sell somehting they need that isnt even touchable if that makes sense....
I know that but I wanted to see what other people thought, I saw a movie about it and I was wondering what people thought of this.
@1anurag1 (3580)
Selling the soul is not directly selling this. it just mean that your soul dont let you go on wrong path. and some time when you do those things even when u think that those are wrong. it means that you believe that those are wrong means your soul prevent you to do this but you do. so it is said you dont listen of your soul even. you have sold this.