What is horse sense?

I am curious as to what the expression horse sense means. I have heard it before, but never really quite understood the phrase. Does it mean someone has common sense or is smarter somehow? I think it means it is combination of instinct and common sense, but I am not sure. Can you explain?
sound practical sense, or common sense.
It is somewhat like common sense but it is also like an an inate knowledge that is like a sixth sense. I saw a movie over the weekend that actually talked about horse sense quite a bit and even likened what people tend to call horse sense with the special knowledge/abilities that differently abled people have. It could be quite common that a person on the autism spectrum would have a sense that is very similar to horse sense.
@qamarep (4448)
• Pakistan
it is for the very wise persons. that makes common sense and instinct and knowledge too..