Be paid for translating?

@Jargoness (1191)
Israel
Is there a site that pays us for translating? One that does not require any fees.. And that is legit, possibly Anyone?
@slovenc1 (2091)
• Slovenia
There is a site called freelancer and there are many jobs available and pay up to 800$. The problem is you have to be picked by the one requesting but if you do get the yob it's great. Payments are to paypal and probably more options that i don't remember. Check it out and good luck with getting a translation job!
@Jargoness (1191)
• Israel
The problem is you have to be picked by the one requesting Yup, I saw it.. it seems that you have to bid on every freelancer site. Are you a member of Freelancer? Are there any tips you can tell me?
@slovenc1 (2091)
• Slovenia
I am a member and i only did one yob of downloading and converting some videos from a website...i got 10$. No other tips than keep trying to get a job because if you get one you get a lot of money with medium effort. Good luck that's all i can say to you:P
@topffer (41073)
• France
My post may seem out of your thread (what a pity for my ranking here :( ), but I'm sure that the better way to earn money for translating is to find a good public domain book with no recent translation in your native language, to traduce it and submit it to paper editors. I'm getting a real income from my writings in my language since 30 years now. Internet helped me to find new editors, but I've never believed that I should be able to earn a decent income with internet writings (I'm not speaking of my bad english jargon at myLot :) ).
@Jargoness (1191)
• Israel
This is a very interesting idea, and totally not off topic. :D I'll check it in detail tomorrow, because it's a bit late here.. and also where you live, since we're in the same timezone
@pals101 (2011)
Hmmm..never heard of any sites that does this.. But this is an interesting job,, hope you can find one.. Just take note what language we need to translate..
Thanks so much for odesk.com I've been looking for it, and could never remember the name of the site. :)
@Tubeth (39)
• Dominican Republic
check me...under freelance jobs, I'm a translator also on my file
@Jargoness (1191)
• Israel
Are you talking about Elance? How is it?
@mimiang (3769)
try shvoong.com
@Jargoness (1191)
• Israel
Hmm.. isn't it about summaries and reviews? Or there's the option to translate as well?
@tonyllenium (6260)
mmh may be possible but i don't know if they are for real or scams!!normally yes you should require some skills to do it as normal job but as regards onlie work may be some sites can have this feature...it should be curious to see if they are legit!!