People are getting on my nerves now

You know my daughter was cut by a class mate. Well she went to school today and one of the girls bumped inot her really hard. I was in the office waiting on her to come down stairs. I had her to report this to the office right then. I left and we went home now the detectives are at the school talking to the girls. The school said if they fight again one gets kicked out and goes to jail. I am so pleased they can see my daughter is being picked on. Now I have to wait for her to get back home to find out what the detectives said. I feel like hitting these girls myself to learn them a lesson about life.
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
When you say one gets kicked out, one goes to jail, you don't mean your daughter might get kicked out, do you? I hate bullying with a passion. I hope the school pays closer attention. What are those girls' parents doing about it, if anything?
The school is calling in the parents to have a meeting. We don't know who will get kicked out. I was told by my daughter the girl who cut my daughter will not be returning. We will have to wait and see.
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
I hope she won't be. That sort of thing shouldn't be tolerated.
I will find out when I go back on the 24th for a meeting.
Oh yeah, that would solve it! Just punch the bullies! lol! I feel the same way. However, that won't solve anything. I am glad the school is taking it seriously though. Too many times it is smoothed over and people just get hurt over and over when the school could help avoid it all to begin with!
Oh, there have been times when I wanted to hit someone or something, but I do not do it, so that is good. I think I would feel even worse if I did. I hope the school does do something.
The principal was very upset when she saw my daughters face today. Time will tell about these girls. I hope and pray it ends soon.
@SomeCowgirl (32255)
well you know hitting them yourself isn't going to do much of any good. Glad you called and had the detectives look in on this though. Let what happens to the girls in the legal system be your justice.
I wish I had a camera to show you my daughters face. It burns a hole in my heart to see that. Your right though plus me going to jail won't help my daughter.
@SomeCowgirl (32255)
no but I can't blame you for being angry and wanting to do something about it. Will the police document your daughter's injuries?
They have pictures of her bleached clothing and her face and neck.
@lelin1123 (15635)
• Puerto Rico
I believe all the girls involved in picking on your daughter should be suspended or exspelled from the school period. I feel as long as these girls are going to this school they will continue to harass your daughter and this is just not right. Are the parents of these hoodlums aware of what their kids are doing to your daughter? I hope the detectives can put the scare of God into these kids that they realize this is big trouble and they can go to jail.
The detective knows the mother of the child who bumped my daughter today. So he plans on speaking to her mother about it. Plus the school is calling in the parents to have a meeting.
@lelin1123 (15635)
• Puerto Rico
Oh that good I just hope the parents are not as bad as the kids. Good luck!
There is one mother who is very steet if I can use that word here. I know I can't use the ghet.... word or it will be deleted.
@cream97 (29164)
Hi, giftsandbagscom. I am sorry that your daughter was cut my these girls. I don't know why women feel the need to bring sharp weapons with them to school. This was a very popular fad for the girls at my high school back in the late 90s. We had a big fight in our commons area in front of the cafeteria. The girls were fighting and someone got cut too. It was a very tragic accident. It made front page on the newspaper in our town. I am glad that the detectives were looking into the girls whom cut your daughter. They should be expelled from school and then placed in an an school for violent kids too. School is supposed to be a place for learning, not for killing and hurting! I am glad that as a mother you stood by your daughter. That has shown the school that you are not going to tolerate any girl putting her hands on your child. Getting the detectives involved let's them be aware of any other potential threats against your daughter. I am glad that she is okay. Please take care of her. And please do all you can to instill in her the motivation to tell someone at the school if she have anymore problems.
She feels like she is a snitch if she tells the police. But,I have to tell her it could save a life to just tell. My daughter wants me to move her to another school I said no I worked hard to get her tested and I won't move her now. Thank you.
giftsandbagscom, It all depends on how the school is going to deal with these bullies that cut up your daughter, which you will really need to find out from her principal. I see this as a serious offence that warrants for an expulsion and if the school is not undertaking that - then I would seriously not want your daughter to speak out and would definitely ask for a transfer. The school should be reprimanded too, for letting students have cutter blades in their possessions. I mean, what next? Handguns, automatic pistols? C'mon the school is totally at fault here. Try and understand your daughter here.
@sizzle3000 (3038)
Bullying is school-wide and it's great that you did something to bring it to the schools attention. Not many parents feel the need to do things like bring detectives in and things like that. Now days parents just say hit back and that shouldn't have to happen. Bullying shouldn't happen at all. I went to a cathlic school and was picked on badly because of my wieght and since I wanted better for my daughter I sent her to public school. It was supposed to be the best in the neighborhood but she got picked on as well and not only by students but we had a few problems from the teachers as well.
That is just bad all the way around. I have to say I had to watch my daughter get picked on for years. I taught her to let it go and move on. I buy her very nice clothes due to the kids and their abuse. I can't afford to buy them so I clearance shop. But she is doing better with the picking.
@besthope44 (12141)
Violence at school levels is really something to get worried. School should maintain a strict discipline. Sorry to hear about your daughter. But unless the school takes some strict actions, students will have no fear. They needs to corrected at this young age and should know violence is always bad.
These kids don't care about anything. They would not even go to the police station to help my daughter out. The girl lied and said my daughter walked up to her door and rang her bell. My daughter was on the floor crying telling him that she was not lying about what happened.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Oh Man... has it become that serious that detectives have to step in? I mean, fights occur all the time in schools right? I am glad that things are going to be good for your kid, though... Do let us know what happens... Good Day!
Yes it is that bad. I hope it does not get worse than this. Thanks
It is good for you to come here and just let off steam about this. I think some girls need to go into juvenile detention. Not your girl Is she learning anything from all of her experiences? Did you get the testing done you wanted to?
The testing started today and she will have some more till teh 24th of this month. Thanks
@rajaiv0810 (1013)
I could probably do the same if my children are being hurt deliberately by other children. I would definitely talk to the parents personally and complain about it. We can reach all the high courts in the world and I would really fight for my children most especially for my daughter who is the type to just cry. My boy is more of a fighter so I'm not really worried that he'll be bullied. But my daughter is kinda opposite. There was one time a classmate just took her pencil while she was writing and same classmate pulled the hair of another classmate, and same girl said something bad to another classmate about her fancy jewelry. Nobody wants to speak up and they said that it's a child thing but not for me, I went to the teacher immediately and informed her about those things and I asked them to talk to the parents of the child because those actions shouldn't be tolerated. Bullying can really get into my nerves. I don't want my children to bullied and I don't want them to bully anybody. Thank God there are friendly children and don't pick a fight. But just don't start a fight with my boy coz he won't just sit and cry he really got a way to get even. He is also protective with his sister and me. He would fight if he sees somebody is hurting me and his sister.
@skysuccess (8880)
giftsandbagscom, Leave the teachings of your daughter's bullies to the authorities and the school's disciplinary board. I do not suppose your daughter would want you getting your hands dirty for this. Whatever has happened is already history, so lay back and look after your daughter. The last thing your family will need will be to see you get arrested for some infringements. Take care and have a nice day.
My daughter would be hurt to the core if I went to jail. I was just so angry I could spit nails at these darn kids. When I see my daughter's face I want to cry. I hav eto be strong for her not to cry. This is teh best thing for me to do for real. Thanks
giftsandbagscom, Glad to see that you're being convinced to take a positive alternative here. So, kudos here, as you really took a lot of courage here. I would take this time looking out for your daughter, like may be provide more information or evidences so that your daughter's bullies will get their dues. I may even want to consider another school since the school is a little poor with their internal securities or even a letter to the local education board to reprimand their lax and negligence would do a load of good for the future of your daughter's safety. Take care now, and have a nice day.
I certainly hope that justice is served for your daughter. In fact, I'm surprised that the school didn't press charges immediately after the fight in which your daughter was cut, or did that not happen on school grounds? I know that here when there are fights on the school grounds the school will immediately press charges on the people that are involved in the fights. This actually succeeds in two things, it shows those that fight the punishment involved and it also works as a way to deter fighting.