Mistake Best Response...ever happened to you?

@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello dear friends,mylotters,mere bhai/s,sister/s, Have you ever give or marked any response BEST RESPONSE by mistake? How does it happen? Or have you ever received a BR mark and then,the topic header says it's a mistake. What will be your reaction if this will happen to you? Waiting for your comments and response dear mylotters
@Aaleexix (2291)
No I have not make best response till now. So there is not option of being mistake in marking. I have received best response in some responses. But no one says that mistakenly I was marked. But I have said many occasion that the selection of best is not perfect. Because in some best response my response is solo response. So it was meaningless to select that as best response. I have said that this is very useless selection. And request those poster not to be hurry and wait to get more and more response. Ans by posting response if solo response is select as best it is not a happier moment.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello Alexix, Yah,we had to give time before selecting the best response. Of course,if i am a sole respondent in a discussion and selected with the Br mark...i won't feel happy too,since,how can i be selected to be as best response when there is no other choices(hehehe) Anyway,what would you feel if by mistake your response was marked BR and then,the topic header tells you that,it was by mistake? Would you take it as a joke...or just ignore it? Or will you asks the topic header thu? Thanks for your response and have a good day dear
@Aaleexix (2291)
I will submit a statement in that discussion and declare that my response is not best response here in bold letter. And apologize for the marker as his mistake end up the chance of best response. Though I am not guilty for that but my response is responsible for this inconvenience. Now as the abuse button is added self post. I will copy my response then I request the admin to delete my response expressing the situation. If the admin delete my response then again post the same response ( from copied ) for that discussion. Then the best response mark will not be any more in my response but my response remain there.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
I will think about this dear,i wait if the marker will respond to this discussion,or will send me PM....I just felt sad.... Thanks again
@neildc (17251)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
hi jaiho. i still haven't receive a BR for quite sometimes now. maybe, i am just not doing well or people here are more likely to be very busy to start discussions and forget to resolve them, like me, i guess. would you like to say that you have made a mistake giving BR to the wrong response? Or you have received on today? no, there could be no reaction on my part, but thank the poster who would give me the BR. could be.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello neil, Good to see you dear,this means your connection is doing fine today. Well,i had never given a BR mark by mistake,actually,i had few discussion that unresolved till now. But,yah,i received a BR mark and it's my habit to say thank you to the topic header,and i was stunned to read it was only by mistake?!!!! Wow,i don't know what to feel...that is why i started this discussion... to bring out what i feel and to know other mylotters reaction. For the first time,i guess i received hundreds of BR and for the first time it's by mistake(bwuhuhuhuhu) I haven't commented back upon reading it was by mistake...any advice dear
@neildc (17251)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
can i have the link to that discussion? i just want to see how it looks like and want to see how would i really react on it.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
it's fine dear brother,the marker commented on this topic now,and we had talked about this matter. It was just a joke,and asked for sorry...it's fine...thanks for your concern always dear
@sushie93 (1359)
• France
Never happen to me yet. It always excit me when i receive a best response and if i see that it was an error, i would be a little disappointed lol xD.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello sushie, It is really exciting to receive best response mark. Even if we received it too many times,the same excitement still feel like it's the first time. And,knowing it was given by mistake...that would be frustrating then Thanks for your thoughts and have a good weekend ahead
Hello, I don't think its possible unless of course the person you are talking about was either drunk or just kidding all about it. May be you've misunderstood a simple joke. I haven't given anyone a BR by mistake, and I don't think anybody else here does. If you don't understand the satiric humor in it, you should get angry and throw your saucepan right at his head. I think you should inquire further about it. There may be a wide chance that you have been misunderstanding him all along. If he is sorry for what he did, or if he has some concrete explanation for what he did, then its time to forgive and forget. Its better to be flexible than loosing a potential friend by mere misunderstanding. God bless you
@jaiho2009 (38990)
at last i've got you (lolzzz)explain for yourself my dear
@danitykane (3191)
hi! LOL. I don't think I ever did give BR accidentally. That would be so funny! I will just laugh I guess ~ if it'll happen, I think I'll just leave the situation behind and move forward. It would be a bit embarrassing if I'll have a Best Response that I don't deserve to get. LOL.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello danity, Thanks for your response,at least your jolly mood made me smile for a while,thu i am feeling sad right now. Yah,i felt a little embarrass,and even think it was only a joke,ohhh...what a joke. Thanks again for coming my friend...have a good day always
@bodhisatya (2384)
hi Didi, Well I haven't given anyone a BR and then repented it! Fortunately I have not done something like that till now. I really try to mark a BR for every discussion I start. Sometimes it has happened to me that after marking somebody as a BR I get an equally good response. Mylot doesnt allow 02 people to get the honor so its quite understandable. And I really thank Gid that nobody has told me til now that after marking your response as BR I have done a mistake. I would be so embarrassed. Bodhi
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello dear bhai, I really felt embarrassed,granting it was only a joke...but,it's my first impression...i really felt sad nah. Thanks dear bhai..hope you had a good day always
@phoenix8606 (4977)
hi! by the way your discussion has reminded me to give a couple of best responses to my old discussions, because I have forgotten to do it :) well, I have never given a BR by a mistake, because I always carefully look all the responses and search for the best one! And i really don't know how would I react if some one gives me BR and then I see that it was a mistake :( maybe I will feel a little bit sad, because I am really happy when I receive a BR. by the way you haven't mentioned what would you do, if you receive one by mistake
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello phoenix, Precisely i always feels happy every time i open my email and saw that i received a best response. But,today it's a sad story...after receiving a BR mark,i say thank you to the topic header...then,i received another response saying it was by mistake Maybe the topic header is just kidding me...but,my first impression is and i felt sad really :(. Anyway,it's fine.... Thanks for your response and have a good day always
@voldrox (7202)
erm... that sounds funny jaiho i never even thought about it, never happened anything like that with me, neither have been awarded best response by mistake lol, well i guess i will have to let the mylotter know actually i wasn't going to mark it best, i will have to be honest to them .. it didn't happen with me but if it does sometime, i am not sure how i am going to say that, it is very easy for me lol, but i will have to do it, i have to be fair to the one who was actually going to be awarded so i will have to let them know, have a nice day jaiho.
@voldrox (7202)
it is not very easy for me lol,....
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello voldrox, Thanks for sharing your opinion dear,anyway,the marker commented here now(on this topic)and say sorry,saying it's only a joke... Ok,i accepted it was just a friendly joke...no big deal anymore. But sometimes,joke doesn't sound joke to the concern Well,it was done and happened already...maybe "forgive and forget" is the best thing i can do Have a good weekend ahead dear
@voldrox (7202)
hi jaiho, even i have that same thinking sometimes, some jokes i tend to take seriously i don't know why, yeah we should forgive and forget.
Yes, it happened to me a lot of times now. I've given best response by mistake so I just forget it if it's already done. Well, what I haven't experienced is that the topic header says it's a mistake that he marked me the best response and if there will ever be, then I'll just accept it.
It is when there's a new response but I already marked someone as the best response. It's when the real best response came late.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
ohh,yes,you are right there my friend. sometimes best response comes later,so better not to give the mark very soon
@Sreekala (32794)
Hi dear, So far I have not given any BR by mistake. Till I have not received any BR as a mistake (I have not received any information on such claims). But I have gone through some discussions where people have given BR by mistake. In one of my friend’s discussion on the same topic Alice (from admin) was there and offered her help if the response really didn’t deserve it, means if you have given the BR for one liner by mistake, she can help. Now tell me why you are asking this, have you received any or have you selected any BR on mistake.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello dear sister, I received one,and,it really makes me feel bad. Maybe my mistake is,i jump into conclusion. The marker commented here(on this topic)and say's sorry,and that,it's only a friendly joke. Granting it's a friendly joke...i was hurt then...and i have to "forgive and forget"not to make this a big issue. The person is just a new friend of mine...maybe,it's his way of kidding(humor)and i just overreacted . Thanks for response dear and have a good weekend ahead
@Sreekala (32794)
Hi dear, I can understand your hurt feelings. Moreover it is an insult. Anyway the person asked the apology now you can relax dear. Time will heal the hurts. Please relax and be happy and forget about this incident.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
yes dear sister,we already had talked about this matter. it is just,i really felt bad and shocked to see the response. i am ok now,and thanks to all friends here in mylot,a little concern means a lot always. have a good weekend my dear
@ksmita (515)
hi. till now i have recieved only one BR. and i wish that is not by mistake!
Wish that you get more and more best responses!
@Aaleexix (2291)
You are new so you get less BR. And perhaps the discussion you respond are not marked till now. So you have chance to get more and more BR.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello ksmita, My brother bodhi and i wish you more best responses to achieve,and Alexix is right,you were just newbie here in mylot,we knew you will received more and more BR soon.
@ckyera (17342)
hello amiga! so far, all people that i have given br are i think deserving to it. and its good that i haven't made a mistake yet on this matter...hehe and i hope, with all the br's that i received before, i hope its not a mistake. hehe and that the poster don't regret giving it to me... and i think if i happen to make a mistake in giving br, i think i will not be broadcasting it...somehow i feel like its just not right to do so... i don't know, just my opinion... coz its like giving a candy to a child then taking it back...so the feeling will not be good i think... how about you friend? does it happen to you already? good day!
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello amiga, So far i haven't given a BR by mistake also,and i am making sure that,at least i've read and choose the best response that really deserves the mark. But,i do receive a response from the topic header saying...it was by mistake that i was given a br mark. Well,we were able to have a conversation with the marker,and say's,it was just a friendly joke. His way of kidding(humor)...uhmnn,what a joke. Ok fine...it's a joke,he say's sorry...and all i have to do now is "forgive and forget" Thanks for sharing your thoughts again dear amiga...have a good weekend ahead
@ckyera (17342)
ah okay...some jokes are just not that funny! hehe and sometimes jokes are half meant? hmmm im not sure but i hear that to some... well its good for you, take it as a joke & forgive & forget! actually i think, the better way to inform someone whom we mistakenly awarded a br is through pm. but better not to. i remember i also one incident like that before...the poster told the respondent that the br was not intended for her, and he just don't know how it happens...i guess there's some glitch that time coz even one of my friend told me that how come there's already a br mark in her discussion when she was not awarding someone yet..huh!
@climber7565 (2579)
hmmm no I have not that happen to me. I guess there is always that possibility when someone else may answer better then the other.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello climber, There were times that,we get confused whom to give the best response mark,esp when respondents were really giving their best thoughts with the topic. Sometimes,it's hard to choose...and we even think that,it should be the other one whom we give the BR mark,but we had no choice to choose only one BR. Each mylotter differs from each other,with their opinions. So,we really need to give more time before choosing the BR. Thanks for your response and have a good weekend ahead
Hello Jaiho, is true, we must take time to read responses before deciding who's is best. I know it takes too much time sometimes, cause there could many replies. I wish there was a way to control up to how much time and how may replies we should wait before we offer the credit of BR.
@akuler (3534)
Hi jaiho, I do not think I ever award someone best response mistakenly. Usually I will go down to every response and read it and only choose the best out of it, according to my point of view. It is hard to choose the best when there are a few good responses in a discussion but I will choose the best for me. I also never seen the discussion started mention about wrongly award the best response to me or to other members here in the discussion that i am involve in.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello akuler, That's good to know that you always tried to give the br mark to the deserving respondent without giving the mark wrongly. Well,someone told me that,i was awarded wrong br mark,but he also said,it's only a joke...his way of having fun talk(humor) at me. It's fine with me now,at least,he say's sorry and now we're good friends too. Thanks for your response and have a good day always
@shibham (17019)
Hi didi, why this question has raised in your mind? Have u done it as described? Me, no never. I just try to find out the quality and long interacting response to select as MBR. Yes, if i am marked same and later come to know that its starter's mistake, then i shall laugh bcoz its a standard foolishness. Take care.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello dear bhai, No dear,i haven't mark any response by mistake. It takes long time for me to select BR,and always try to give the mark to a deserving response. But,one mylotter told me that,he has given me best response by mistake. And,he already say sorry about it dear,so,i am fine now...he is just kidding me. Well,maybe it his one way of humor my dear bhai...
Hello it is certaiinly not by mistake, i usually choose the best on the 5th day or later, but subsequenly i find a response which i think is more appropriate and 'would' have been the 'best' Happy posting, cheers Professor
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello Prof, That's good to know that you always tried to give the best response to the deserving reply/comment. I also do the same thing,waiting for days before giving my best response mark and re reading the comments too. Thanks for your response and have a good day always dear
@tonyllenium (6262)
no i think it did not happen to me here on mylot before!!also because normally my discussions are opened for much time and so there is time to collect every responses and so afterthat choose wich one is the best for that discussion!
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello tony, That's good my friend,and i guess,it doesn't happen every time that,someone will be joking us for giving a best response by mistake. Anyway,the one who told me that,it was just a mistake did say his apologies now and tell me he is only joking,his way of kidding and making fun of me. Ok,it;s fine now...i just hope not to receive another joke like that. Thanks for your response and have a good weekend ahead
@umit_umit (1986)
Its like expectations soaring high into the sky and in a sec doom to crumble!
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello umit, Precisely dear...it is felt like that. Thanks for your response and have a good day always
Is there really such a thing? I mean marking the best response by mistake. I thought everyone is serious about this. As there are usually over ten responses to a discussion, so we need to read them over and think for some time which one is worthy of the best response and then mark it as the best. My responses have been marked as the best several times and no one has ever notified me that he did it by mistake. Though i can't say that my response is the best, i'm always serious in responding.
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello chen, Precisely dear,most mylotters really give their best thoughts when replying to topics. It is sometimes hard to choose which response sounds the best,but we had no choice but to choose only one BR. That's good to know you are one of those mylotters who always put their best when replying to discussions here in mylot. Thanks for your response and have a good weekend ahead
@Gany15k (1674)
I have not experienced that situation yet..Hope I won't...I have got BR but I don't know whether I have given the exact response what they needed.If it feels guilty to me then I will ask him...if he is satisfied with my answer then no problem. But in some discussion people giving best response immediately without waiting for other response.I didn't like that.People have to wait at least 2 to 3 days and then mark best response.Hope that admin makes the rule like that.. so that it will be good for all...
@jaiho2009 (38990)
hello Gany, There is really rules for giving the BR. Some mylotters maybe get to excited that they give Br mark within a day,or even within just hours. Or,maybe,they tend to forget about the guidelines. Anyway,it's good that you always give time before giving the Br mark. Thanks for your response and have a good weekend ahead