I need to get a camera for my computer

I have a built in camera on my laptop. This is no good for taking pictures of my bags. I put my logitech camera on here and it was not compatable with this laptop. Before I go out and spent another $30 how can I find out what camear will work on my laptop? Thanks
@choybel (5053)
Best thing to do is check out your laptop's model on the producer's website and learn all about the compatibilities of PC cameras for it then select from the list of cameras that are compatible the one you desire. Good luck!
Thank you very much.
maybe you can search that camera driver first (for logitech) or you can take picture from digital camera or phone cam :)
I don't have either one of these. But I will ask my daughter if I can use her phone. Thanks
@kaylachan (4775)
Built-in is best. But, you can compare your computers specs to models you're interested in. And, when using it to take pictures be sure to disable the built-in one so it doesn't try to automatically take pictures you don't want. Quite often if the bulit-in one isn't disabled then you'll run across errors.
@basqui (3890)
I think webcams don't function well as to be used for taking pictures, they are designed for video or image streaming. maybe you should get a digicam or if you have a mobile phone with a cam with good image capture then it's fine to use one. You can have it transferred to your laptop thru a connectivity cable, a memory card reader or an infrared or bluetooth dongle, whatever your digicam or mobile is functional with.
@skysuccess (8880)
giftsandbagscom, I do not think a web cam can actually take over a full functional digital camera especially when you want to take some pictures for your bags to post it online. Besides, I feel this would be a good investment for you especially when you can use it for many other special moments and scenes. Have a nice day.