Is there someone in your life that you need to forgive so they can move on?

@LIENROSE (910)
Is there someone in your life that you need to forgive for he/she have to move on? who are they and why?
@ckyera (17342)
hello there, right now, i think no one in my life i have to forgive for them to move on...as far as i am concern i think i have forgiven already all those who have done wrong to me...whether they ask forgiveness or not, i have forgiven them already and trying to forget... and besides i think no one have really done me wrong that bad... good day!
@ada8may21 (2419)
I agree with you, we just have to forgive that person even if they did not ask for forgiveness. We are that kind enough to forgive also who had done bad things to us. No need for them to ask for forgiveness right. However the pain that they cause us is still remain in my heart. The pain that they given me will not be erase it will stay there no mater how long it is. Time may heal but i know that there is still scar that will remember that pain
@ckyera (17342)
hello ada, yeah i understand you, to say that we have already forgiven a person is easy, but forgetting is the difficult part... i know this for i have experienced it before...someone have done wrong to me and it really really hurts a lot...when he ask for forgiveness i said ok i have forgiven you...but the pain remains in my heart, i guess i just said that to shut him up...hehe but deep inside my heart i haven't forgiven him yet coz whenever i remember what he have done, the pain is still there and i still feel bad... now, after some years, i was able to say that i have forgiven him completely...why? because i don't feel any anger although there's still a bit pain sometimes whenever i remember that wrong thing that he have done to me... i guess true forgiveness comes along with forgetting...but i know its not easy... and sometimes, if we don't forgive someone who have sinned on us, the feeling also holds us back...i mean since we are carrying some bad feelings on us, we can't also moved on...
@ada8may21 (2419)
I didn't say I forgive her just to shut her up, I say that truely comes from my heart. I was told by my mother, that I can't really hold or control the mind of other people. Which is true, the only thing that I could least do is to forgive them if they have done bad things towards me and thank them coz they are the very reason why I am strong and becoming so much stronger ( Power rangers...) Jokes... According to my mother, the pain I have feel. I just have to think that this is a lesson that I need to learn that next time I should be cautious in choosing a friend and trusting someone. So, whenever i remember the pain I just have to think that this is my learnings in life and in surviving this very cruel world...
@ada8may21 (2419)
I am a forgiving person. No need to ask for forgiveness, because i surely already forgiven you. However, the pain that you caused is so much that i need to deal with. I had a friend that she keep on asking for forgiveness. I keep on saying that I already forgive her. What I cannot forget is the pain that I am feeling right now. No matter and how I am going to do I always remember what she did on me. Well, i guess its me who haven't move on yet even though I already forgiven her.
@ckyera (17342)
hello there, hmmm, i guess you haven't forgive her completely...oh well just an opinion... coz like what i have said above, i have experienced the same situation, i have told once to someone that i have forgiven him already but the pain remains in my heart & everytime i remember what he have done, i still feel bad...and that i know that i haven't forgiven him completely yet... but when time comes that i don't feel bad anymore even if i remember the thing that he has done, then i know that i really have forgiven him...and the feeling is just great!
@ada8may21 (2419)
If I haven't forgive her completely, then why I am still talking with her and then at the same time we still go out and dine out together?I am just being careful and not so trusting when it comes to her. I am cautious with all the things we are doing and dealing with each other. Sometimes it pops on my mind, is she really true to what she is saying? I dont feel any bad things when we see each other. I just have that feelings that i was betrayed by my own friend. Other than that we are very much ok. In fact, she invites me when they have a party and I do the same. With all those actions I could say that I already forgiven her completely. But we can no longer bring back the closeness that once we had before. And we are both aware of that.
@basqui (3890)
i had a girlfriend before who dumped me and i've forgiven her now. she's happy with her new guy and hope for their good life! If you will not forgive them then you will be the one who will suffer because they could move on with their life but not you. you will always think of your hate and will not progress with your life.
Hello lienrose :) Good question. I don't think I have completely forgiven that person who have caused hurt to me when I was still about 5 or 6 years old. I guess I'd say that I have forgiven him partly although on rare occasions that I'd see him I can still remember the things he did to me. I guess his moving on does not depend on me.. I can see he already moved on with his life but each time we meet I can still feel that he's still guilty of what he has done. I guess it's his part to forgive himself too and I don't think it's possible for me to just completely forget about how painful it was because though it's been a decade and a half ago, it still hurts and i can still remember it so i guess i'd rather not talk to him instead and just move on with our lives and forget about it. I leave the rest to God.
@saanjh (784)
Yes I have a friend she always dump me and always break my faith but my heart is telling me that I should forgive her so they can come on I don't know what I do.