How have you broken your phone?

I have been very lucky in the 12 years that I have had a phone not to have broken one. I did loose my very first cell phone - 12 years ago because it you had a big battery pack you had to carry with it. My oldest daughter was an infant and I was getting her in the car, along with my purchases from home dept and I left my purse and my cellphone pack in the cart. Naturally when I turned around to get it, everything was gone. Today while I was working, I had a customer tell me her son had to buy her a new phone because he had run over hers yesterday. My daughter has gotten hers wet before and we have used the old trick - stick it in a plastic bag with rice with the battery removed and it has worked like a charm.
@basqui (3890)
i had lost one phone before when i was in college. it was stolen by a delivery man who we let in the house when they had a delivery. that phone was never returned even if we talked to the company. I broke other phones when i dropped them and it always get's dropped in a concrete floor. argh! Those incidents got me to study electronics and now i'm a cellphone technician. i have no worries in breaking my phone because i have now the skill to fix it myself.
@malpoa (1218)
hi kimber, How lucky that you havent broken one in 12 years!!! I have had to change phone because some thing or the other goes wrong. the first one was a primitive model...second one had some software problem...and just four days back, my current mobile fell from my hand adn half of the display is gone!!! I am sad because of it!!!
@sk66rc (4257)
For 21 years I've had a cell phone, I probably broke about 5 of them. I've had phones break on me or just stop working, but I've been responsible for about 5. I've ran it over with my car once. I was in a rush & went out to my car, realized I forgot my wallet so I put coffee & cell phone on the roof of my car & ran back into the house, got my wallet & ran back out to my car. I managed to grab my coffee but not the phone. I backed up to the end of my drive way, stopped to check for traffic, then started backing up again & heard some weird sound. I pulled back into the drive way & heard it again. When I got out, I saw my phone, or what was left of it, sitting in my driveway. So basically I ran my phone over twice in less than 30 seconds. Another time, I put the phone in my back pocket & sat on a concrete. I heard crunch & I feel sharp sting in my cheeks. Well, my phone was in 3 pieces. I remember one time I was at the beach, boardwalk, & I had food in my one hand & phone in the other hand. Birds were keep going for my food so I was swinging my aarm trying to get them away from me. At one point, I swung my hand & the phone flew out of my hand. What's amazing about it was that a bird actually caught it in mid air but didn't get too far. The bird drops the phone & when it hit the grond, it shattered. Was that my fault? ha ha ha. I guess if the bird didn't catch it, it would've landed somewhere & get broken. Most of the times when my phone broke, it usually end up in pieces.
@phoenix8606 (4977)
hi!i have also never broke down my phone, because I really care about it so that nothing happens to it, because I have given all my savings for it and i don't want to waste my money :) till now I have had only a software problem , which I solve fast, because the problem wasn't from the phone- my SIM card was broken and my phone bugged from it!
@1anurag1 (3580)
i am also lucky in this way.i have also not broken my phone by the time, even my first phone was the color model of samsung which i bought 7 years ago and from that time i have changed many handsets. but that is still in use. and i think by the time it could work i would love to have that.
@katsmeow1213 (28910)
I've never broken a phone, but my 15 year old has so far broken 2.
i cant count of how many phone i already had in my hands though i sold some to buy new model but the last phone was totally damaged as i put it in my bed and i didnt realize that my phone was there and it accidentally drop to the floor. then the 2nd time was i drop it from 2nd floor to first floor though its still working but since its a touch screen the touch screen is no longer working thanks god theres keypad in it so at least i can still use it.
@tonyllenium (6261)
i never brok a phone before!!Normally i take care where i have my phone in the pocket and so it never falls or had some accidents that it can be common when you are using these devices daily..
@Porcospino (28000)
• Denmark
Many years ago my father gave me my first cell phone. One day I left it in the garden for 5 minutes while I went inside to get a few things. When I got back to the garden I found my phone in the mouth of my puppy! It didn't look much like a phone anymore and it was completely useless. My father was very angry when he found out what had happened. I also broke my second cell phone, it fell apart when I dropped it and I had to tape it together. Since that time I have had a couple of other cell phones and I haven't broken any of them.
@adamc151 (479)
I have also never broken a phone of the 2 ive had in my life haha. My first one didn't break but kind of just stopped working. Well, some of the buttons didn't work anymore but they weren't particularly important buttons, i just needed a new phone :) I think im ready for another new phone now too seeing as ive had this one quite a while.
@junil_jk (497)
well, broken phone or not, i've changed my handset several times in the past few years. the display of my first phone went blank after about a couple of years so i had to change. after that i've changed many times out of necessity or out of desire. but i still repent breaking my nokia n81 out of anger about a year ago. i threw it on the wall. now i own a nokia n82 and i've been using it for more than a year and a half(i already had this phone when i broke the n81).
I have broken my phone for so many times. The only time I remember was last month, I accidentally got it wet at a party. And then the last time, I accidentally dropped it off too hard and now it's still broken. But I'm going to have it repaired tomorrow.