What were you doing on 9/11

@tsamcq (457)
I was late for work because I had to stop for gas. I still remember exactly which intersection I was at when they interrupted the music on the radio to announce it.
@dalilac1 (862)
I was actually in New York when this occured, I was getting ready to take my son to school at the time when our television and stereo went all static and then we heard the news. The whole city came to a stop. This was the saddest day I can ever remember. My children were very shaken and scared, every little noise they heard they thought "someone was going to do it again somewhere else". How do you explain this horrible situation to children that are no older than 5?
@tsamcq (457)
awww...that's sad. My daughter was just a baby so she didn't know what was going on.
@caribe (2465)
U.S. Flag - The stars and stripes forever.
I lived in the U.S. at the time and I was sleeping because I worked night shift. My husband came into the bedroom and said "come look at the TV; something terrible has happened". Needless to say, I didn't go back to sleep. It was an awful day for our country.
@Phlamingho (7831)
• Denmark
I came home from school when one of my friends called and told me to turn on CNN. The rest of the day I watched the news.
@vhansen (2029)
I had just gotten off work and was headed across town when I heard it on the radio.The station I was listening to plays alot of practical jokes on their morning show,so that's what I thought it was at first.Untill I got home and turned on the tv I didn't know the truth,then I was shocked.And immediately on the phone to find out about my neice who was stationed in D.C. at the time.Thank God she was okay and my heart went out to all who's family's wasn't.
@pagli84 (1850)
• Netherlands
i was sitting in class at my high school (12th grade). suddenly, a teacher walked in and said that there was an attack..so we turned on the tv and watched that for a while.
@rracers89 (3246)
I was driving my daughter to day camp. I remember where I was at on the road and that Alan jackson was playing on the radio.