What is the difference between smoothening, rebounding and straightening?

By RK
@ragikutty (2457)
Kerala, India
I don't wanna make my hair look like broom stick (its already one), lol. So I think I don't wanna do straightening. Mine is rough, dry wavy hair. I wanna make it healthy and natural looking. So which one i should go for? smoothening or re bounding?
@gelayagui98 (1337)
Straightening or relaxing is in fact perming in reverse. A hair straighteners, also known as a chemical relaxer is combed or worked through the hair to change the structure and to straighten it. The result is permanent, only disappearing as the hair grows. Chemical relaxers come in different strengths to suit different hair textures and styles While smoothening are hair treatments just like Hot Oil, keratin treatments and the like. If you want it just to smoothen your hair do hot oil treatment to keep the dry scalp in good and normal condition or keratin treatment to treat the damaged and brittle hair.
Perhaps you have heard the phrase: You are what you eat. This is including your hair. If you don't eat the right foods all your body suffers, including your hair. I think I would go with the smoothing and work your way to rebounding. Smooth, to me, would be soft and manageable. Then the rebounding would mean, again to me, body.