Do you always have money for gifts?

What is the most creative way to give a gift when your broke? I plan to do a few things different this Christmas. I plan to us vista print to get everyone a shirt personalized free. I will just pay shipping costs. People who make things like I do can give out o free hand made gifts. Like I gave a free cycle father a kool aid purse.
@carmelanirel (20976)
No, not always and when I don't, that is when my creative juices start flowing. One year I made everyone a Christmas shirt, by getting cheap sweatshirts and adding a Christmas design using fabric paints. Then another year I made different foods in a mason jar and now when I go to garage sales, I make sure to pick up those jars, they always make great gifts.
I would love to cook good enough to make a make for someone. Kenya wants me to mak chicken for her next month.
Oh I made chicken tonight with this really simple recipe. If you want, I can PM you the recipe tomorrow..
@hofferp (4737)
If I don't have money for gifts, I give of myself. That is, I may help with putting up chicken wire on a fence, I may clean out the flower bed, I may wash the person's car, I may change light bulbs... Something just to show I care...
alway's nice to give your time to others.
@HansonFan (1659)
I make a point to start Christmas shopping early...to be honest I am usually done around Halloween. That way I can buy as I go and not have to crunch when December comes around and spend months trying to catch up...I had to do that this year and it was awful. I have already started getting ideas for this coming Christmas. I did enjoy doing Black Friday shopping, so I will save the larger gifts for that but everything else will start being bought here soon.
Black Friday I plan to buy a tv for my daughter. It will be nice to get a big one for a nice price.
i am a kind of person who really remember people's birthday and send a gift to them..but there are really times, which we cannot avoid that we will be running out of our budget., that is why it's a good thing to make a budget. the time frame before the birthday should be longer son that you can buy things in your budget. In my case, i always run out of budget...i still send gift even i couldn't afford to buy expensive gift..it's not important anyway what is important is that even your gift is not that expensive but remember peoples birthday and greeting them "happy birthday" on the day of their birthday is worthwhile enough in their heart.
My moms birthday is the 8th of next month. I will spend the day with her.
@Java09 (3080)
Usually when I need to buy a gift,I do not have the money.It's hard for me because I have a set income for each month,so I find it hard to squeeze in something extra to spend on.It probably is cheaper to make a gift.It's more thoughtful of a gift to make something yourself.
I live on ssi so I know about being broke.
Homemade gifts are great. They cost little and are more special than store bought items becuase you can personalize them. Another thing you can do for someone as a gift is to voulunteer in their honor. If you know a person has a charity that is near and dear to them, give a day of your service to that charity. Then make a sheet of paper that says something like - "I know what ______ means to you, so on (date) I voulunteered a day of service to them in your honor." I know that many of us don't think we have time to give but time is the most precious gift that any of us can actually give.
my daughter enjoyed this working at the soup kitchen we use to eat at.
These days I can't afford to spend a lot on gifts for people, but I do try to make something unique as a gift instead. A good friend of mine has just celebrated her birthday, I made her a cake LOL
My daughters friend wants me to cook curry chicken for her birthday next month. That cake was a great idea.
@phoenix8606 (4977)
hell0! well, I always have money for gifts, no matter in how bad financial condition I am, because as you may know, it is not important the price of the gift, the gift itself is that what is important, the respect to the person you give it is the important thing here, because I think people feel more happy not for the gift itself, but for that, that you have give them something, that you haven't forgotten!
You are a very kind person.
@zzyw87 (1259)
Sometimes I have lots of money to buy gifts. Sometimes I don't. When I don't have enough money, I just buy or make some sweets like cakes or brownies and put it in a nice packaging. Then I give them to all my friends as gifts. They really appreciate it even with such a simple and inexpensive gesture. After all, it truly is the thought that counts anyway.
@epsjoice (57)
I usually shop throughout the year for Christmas so it isn't so much at once, but this year with furloughs it has been tight. I told the family that we were only buying for our immediate family this year. We still ended up getting a few gifts for others, but we kept it cheap. Personally, I like to get baked cookies and fudge, things I won't get for myself often. Also, I love getting gift certificates for the Dollar Tree. Even $10 there goes a long way.
@marmar75 (168)
At a church group christmas party, one time, for exchange-gifts, we were asked to give something that has a scripture reference. So the gift could be any price at all, there was no rule on that. I was an architecture student and broke at that time. But we have just finished a project of a large table model of a proposed mountain resort and it was just returned to us, since the professor was done grading it. We disassembled the model and grabbed whichever part we wanted. I grabbed some of the little huts we made, got one, stuck it on a little board for a base, decorated it with a garden, sprinkled some white and silver dust on it as snow, and placed a little pool in front, where I inserted a computer-printed Christmas greeting behind the blue plastic sheet. So it looked like a little Christmas decoration that you can put under the tree or on a shelf. That's the gift I brought to the party, and the person who got it loved it, while others were impressed/intrigued on how I made it.
@ElicBxn (61143)
I got some tops with the gift card I got for Christmas to a store I never shop at that I'm now stitching on to make them special. I put a rose on my niece's shirt and am putting a couple of cats on my brother's girlfriend's shirt. I just got my brother a shirt for the local university, not doing anything special on it. I still need to find a shirt for my mother and sister, but both of those I felt could wait until closer to Christmas to shop for, my sister because she might lose more weight and my mom because, well, she might not be with us if I do it too soon before. I mean, I hope she will, but... I've already picked out the pattern for my sister, its just finding a shirt/sweatshirt to stitch it on.
I may not always have money for gifts, but I do have ways of making a little extra cash. I am signed up with several survey sights that pay me for my opinion. I do not need to purchase to evaluate to take these. Like I said, I don't get a lot of money, but it seems to be enough to help with purchasing gifts.
Some years I have enough money, other years I do not. I never have been one to buy expensive gifts,though. I tend to buy books and things like that. I have also made gifts a lot. You are really smart to be planning ahead right now, though.
I always gift my friends with Money as they can buy anything of their desire.So its best to give them money with which they can buy anything at anytime.
@netcoder (276)
there comes a time that theres an occasion nor birthday and i dont ave money left with me but just enough for the whole month budget till i got my next salary so i have no choice but not to buy nor give gift. though i prefer of no to attend instead and i will just call to greet them.
Our family has always been really big on giving handmade gifts. It has been going on for several years on my father's side of the family that everyone makes Christmas ornaments and exchanges them amongst the adults. Then, the children are able to get actual gifts. This is awesome in our family because we can remember each individual family member with something that isn't replaceable and was created with love.
@monkeylong (3146)
As far as I am concerned, I think I usually have the gifts money .If I do not have money at all, I think I will just go to my best friends to borrow some,which I can have the ability to buy a gift.
@umit_umit (1986)
well its not true we dont have money always for the gift!
@mistissa (1350)
• Netherlands
Hi there, well I am a mother of 3 and they always have birthday parties of friends. I collect gifts the whole year round. When I go to a flea market and see something nice I will buy it. I do the same when certain things are on sale (when I do have money) and keep them all in a box. As soon as a birthday comes up or any other gift giving day, I take a look in the box and choose a gift for that person. There are also other ways to give gifts that are not too expensive, how about baking someone a cake or cookies?