My aunt's getting married again and boy is it causing problems

@timhinyy (1653)
Tell me what you think of this our family all went up to my cousin's wedding in November and my aunt made sure to tell us to keep open this day in May to be available to go to her wedding. The recently when the invitations went out only my mom and dad got one and my aunt didn't think to leave note or anything to let anyone know that the plans have changed about everyone going. My mom had to call my grandmother and then her to find out that none of the rest of the family has been invited to the wedding after she made a big deal about all of us coming and then didn't have the courtesy to let us know what was going on as my dad to make sure we had rooms to stay in had reserved 3 hotel rooms for that weekend. Not that any of us were looking forward to the 6 hour drive to get there, but for the family we were willing to do it. Let's just say that most of the family is not too happy with her. My sister even bought an outfit for the wedding so she is not happy at all.
Why were the plans changed? This makes no sense! I am glad you don't have to go. This aunt is disowned now? what a mess!
@timhinyy (1653)
the excuse she used was she had to make an executive decision not to invite nieces and nephews and cousins. My mom did not buy her reason at all and as far as she is concerned she is definitely disowned as this is not the first time she has done something inconsiderate to my mom.
This is the Straw that broke the camels back! there goes Thanksgiving! I'm sorry.
@timhinyy (1653)
my dad had a great line about her initials the first two spell out the word ME as that is who she thinks of first and the rest of the family is secondary, but if she doesn't want us there that is fine with me, because like I said I really didn't want to travel all that way for someone who never makes any effort for us.
@TheAdvocate (2393)
Since she did not bother to tell you about the change of her plans, then don't bother telling her that you also changed your plans and that you are all not going. Evil, but sounds satisfying. But maybe she's just busy with the wedding preparations and forgot to clarify her plans or put everybody's name on the list. In my family, we just assume that our relatives will come to the wedding even without invitation.
@timhinyy (1653)
It would have been fine if she had done that, but she decided not to invite any of us other then mom and dad and not bother to tell us. That is what bothers us the most that she didn't call us and tell us what was going on had she done that we would not have cared as much as when she did it this way its just kind of rude and inconsiderate.
I guess that's why God does not let us choose our relatives because a lot of people might end up alone. Is this the first time she did something rude and inconsiderate? If it is, maybe you can chalk it up to a wedding plan mess-up. If not, wow, she has a problem...if she treats her relatives this way, I shudder to think how she treats her friends.
@timhinyy (1653)
no its not the first time that she has done something like this to my mom so she is pretty mad about it.
@Canellita (12052)
SMH! Some people are just inconsiderate. They live in their own little world where nothing and no one else matters but themselves.
@timhinyy (1653)
yeah that is true, but all my aunt had to do was pick up a phone and give us a call and let us know what was going on and not let everyone be blindsided by it. It would not have been as big a deal as it was if she has just called us and told us then I think mom would not have been as upset. It was the fact she had to call her and find this out after she had talked to her mother about it.
@Canellita (12052)
Well you know how families are. Most people are not very considerate; they live in their own little worlds.
i know how disappointing it can be... not for the fact that you don't have to go to your aunt's wedding (since you are not looking forward to it anyway so it's kinda a blessing in disguise... hehehe) but for the inconsiderate way of leaving the rest of the relatives out of the invitation without proper explanation as to why... and when most of you took some trouble to be present that day. i don't want to judge your aunt... but just maybe... just maybe... she had valid reasons to keeping the numbers small and she just couldnt handle the explanations well enough to you guys. so i hope you guys can talk about it and smoothen things out coz at the end of the day... family is still family... you can let it pass or let her know how disappointed you all were. maybe she didnt know how grave her actions had been. so better let her know. at least she'll know that this little messing up must not be repeated in the future.
@timhinyy (1653)
yeah i was pretty bored at my cousin's wedding since I really didn't know anyone there and no one was really that social with us. My dad had fun cause he got to see some of his old friends that he had not seen since he lived up there when he was younger. None of us were looking forward to that travel, since my sister and them now have a little 2 year old and she isn't too used to long car rides. The main thing was why couldn't she call and tell us what was going on why did we have to call her to find all this out she could of put a note in with the invitation does she have that little consideration for all of us?
i think perhaps if your aunt's personality is so muddled up, then perhaps so is her mind these days. there might be a lot on her plate right now so cut her a bit of slack. btw, i'm not trying to make any excuses for her nor taking any side at all. hehehe
@Outcast (633)
I wouldn't worry to much about it. But I would let her know how disappointed you are on the way she treated the whole situation.
@timhinyy (1653)
it doesn't bother me as much as the rest of the family, but i really didn't really want to go all that much just cause of the long car ride. I am sure mom will let her know in some way how disappointed she is with the whole thing.