Would you ever drive a smartcar?

@wigima5 (908)
I can say that I would never drive a smartcar. Supposedly there have been studies that say they are safe, but they are just sooo teeny! It's ridiculous! If a pickup truck crashes into one of those they are going to be dead on impact. It would stand no chance, and the force itself would probably push the very thing over. I like the fact that it's convenient, and gets good mileage and uses low amounts of fuel. they have personality. but still, the safety part keeps me away. Would you ever drive one? Do you care if its safe or not? Or would you want to drive one because of its look?
@hofferp (4737)
If I were given one, I might drive it a few dozen times, before I suspect it would fall apart on my 2-mile rock road. I don't think they're safe and I personally think they're ugly. Again, the only way I'd drive one, is if it were given to me.
@wigima5 (908)
haha. tats pretty funny. I think that smartcar wouldn't stand a chance.
@hofferp (4737)
Especially if you saw my road! It tears cars/small pickups up like crazy.
I would never drive a smartcar. First of all, I have 4 children so it would be horrible to try and fit them all in one. Besides that they are so small and I agree with you that if they were involved in a wreck it would be a horrible ending. They say that they are safe, but in my personal opinion nothing that small could be very safe. I do not find the looks of the smartcars very appealing either so, that would not be a factor for me. Besides, I am much more concerned with safety than with what the car looks like.
@wigima5 (908)
yes, exactly. I think I'd rather drive something like an ugly tank but be safe than driving a hip nice looking car but have my life at risk. Maybe they would be safe enough if ALL cars were smartcars or that size. But in a world with trucks, vans, and other automobiles, it's not safe enough.