how far to run to lose 1 KG

@qamarep (4448)
Pakistan
how far should i run to lose 1 KG... i can run 1 mile only each day..
@syndibee (799)
I don't know the conversion of KG's to pounds. I approximate 1 mile to 100 calories. 3 miles is 5K so 5K is about 300 calories There are 3500 calories per pound. In order to lose one pound I must run about 45K's That's a lot of running!!!! That is considering you continue to eat exactly the same and run that on top of your current level of activity. This is why they say diet is so important to put with exercise to lose weight. One doesn't work well without the help of the other. My suggestion. Eat fewer calories, but make them super nutrient dense calories and run more :) but don't kill yourself. Increase your running slowly so you don't have to worry about injury. Once you are injured you won't be able to exercise and there's the pain and debilitation on top of that.
@syndibee (799)
I need to think the math through again on how many k's to run for 3500 calories.
@qamarep (4448)
• Pakistan
ok same thing with the cycling how fast speed and then how long to lose each 1 kg or 2 lbs...
@Pigglies (9336)
That's more than 45K to lose 3500 calories by that calculation. You need to run 35 miles to lose a pound according to that. Or 70 miles for 2 pounds (little less than 1kg still). Some people do run 70 miles per week, so you could technically lose 2 pounds a week. However, you'd have to build up to it and the problem is that running that much will also make you very hungry. Cycling is generally even worse. However long you were supposed to run for (time wise), just double that.
@BART78 (2931)
losing weight is easy compare to losing fat and retaining muscles, you need to assist you BMI and how much calorie you burn during your cardio exercise and eat only less of what your burn..drink a lot of water and eat only natural foods..
@Pigglies (9336)
That won't do, you'll need to run more than a marathon to lose that much weight as far as calorie conversions go. But the good news is, while you are still more out of shape you should burn more calories since your body is working much harder. Instead of running 1 mile everyday, try varying your workouts. Run 2 miles every other day and then on the off days do something else. And then add more mileage slowly to your runs.
Hello Qamarep. I don't think it's healthy to lose 1 KG a day by running. I still believe it's better for you to run a healthy lap and do it for several days until you lose your desired weight instead of pushing yourself to shed weight right away. In addition, even if you do burn calories by running, you also gain muscle mass hence increase your weight. I think it's still best to run a healthy distance, a lap not too long yet not too short, and accompany it with a good diet and healthy living. Regards!