Have you forgotten..........

Yes, it was the name of a song, but have you forgotten or pushed it out of your thoughts, what happened, September 11,2001? The reason that our military is at war, the reason that for days this nation came together like no other. I recently watched a movie, '7 Days in September', some of the footage was seen on the news, some of it was not. It is actually 27 different films put together into one movie. Do you remember where you were, how you felt, when you saw that our country was under attack. Do you think that 'homeland security' is actually working? Do you think that as a nation we have become too complacent in thinking it won't happen again? Personally, I think it's not over, he is not done with recking havoc in our country.
@goldeneagle (6774)
Collectively, as a nation, we have ALREADY forgotten what happened to our country on 9/11. You can tell that we have, because there are people complaining about the security procedures that have been put into place at the airports. Unfortunately, those procedures are mediocre at best, and it is probably just a matter of time until we are attacked again.
I agree with you on all points. I've stated before, if anyone thinks they are done, they are wrong. I agree, those procedures should be much stricter, and anyone who has a problem with that should find another means of transportation.
@maximax8 (30126)
I remember the terror of hearing about 11th September 2001. I was teaching a Year 1 and 2 class at a friendly village school at the time that awful incident in America happened. My class joined in a time of reflection remembering the people that lost their lives in that terrible day. Sadly since then there has been more terrorist activity in different places in the world. I was shocked when I heard about the bomb in Bali. There were some explosions in London my home country's capital city. It happened on 7th July 2005 I think. I wish that world peace would happen and I think of the future as being a mystery. I hope for the best and safety.