Gissi and the Squirrel

By Gabs
@gabs8513 (48710)
United Kingdom
Well Gissi met something today he has never seen before and it was so funny to watch him We came back from the Field this morning, which Gissi had all to himself this Morning and he was having a wonderful time, while I was freezing lol Under my Window there is an Area where there used to be bushes that have been cut down I did not see the little Fellow at first, then I spotted the Squirrel that was sitting by one of the Stubs I have to be honest I was amazed he did not run of as I was pretty close Gissi is quite happily trotting about or should I say play silly Games with Mum by going in the Direction he wants to go and not Mum wants him to go He then sits in the Middle of the Path as I am telling him to get in, looking at me (this is a regular Game, I have to repeat 5 times before little Man decides it is enough and that I sound like a stuck record) Well the Squirrel must have moved and Gissi saw it, he ran up to it Tail wagging all happy as he believes there is a new Friend, well the Squirrel shot of, Gissi after him, I did not even attempt to call little Man back, the Squirrel sat up the Tree looking down, Gissi sat at the bottom of the tree making so much racket, I knew I would waste breath calling him to come in, so I went over picked him up and carried him in, all the time he was barking I am sure the Squirrel was laughing at him, as he watched Gissi being carried away Gissi was not happy when we came back in as here he can not even look out of the Window hehehe He sat looking at the Window and looking at me, but I had heard enough shouting from the little Man so no Chance was I lifting him up to look out the Window Needless to say I was not Gissi's favourite Person and got the cold shoulder for a bit How do you explain to a Dog that not all Animals want to be friends??????
@quita88 (3716)
I really have to laugh at this one ! I had bout the same thing this morning with my Galeena. I heard her barking in the back yard and I went to see if it was only her shadow or something real. It was an ARMADILLO !! It was on the outside of the fence and my Galeena was going nuts! She looked at me as if to say hey look at this weirdo !! Let me out and I'll get him --whatever it is :) But the armadillo just kept on moving down the fence line and disappeared in some heldges. Since then Galeena has guarded that fence !! I don't think she's ever seen an armadillo ---but she has now!
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lol Quita they are so funny and certainly have their ways hugs
@quita88 (3716)
Yes they all do as it seems. Animals have more character than most humans I know ! Besides I'd rather be with my dogs and cats that most humans I know LOL hugs, quita
@royal52gens (5380)
Gissi just saw an opportunity to expand his world of friends. Someday he will learn that not everyone wants to be friends right away. Poor Gissi. He missed an opportunity by being so loud and noisy. Next time, he should approach quietly and allow the squirrel to get used to Gissi.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Hi Royal Well I did try to tell him that lol but Gissi knows better Like this morning 8 dogs on the Field chasing each other Gissi standing there barking at them all the gets run over by a 6 month old Greyhound/mix Puppy He then stood behind me barking at them all
@Opal26 (17686)
Hey gabs!As usual I am lmao picturing how mad Gissi must have been not being able to "play" with his "new friend"! So, he never got to see a squirrel before? Poor little man! My cats sit in the windows watching them all the time! I don't think they care one bit! I'm not really sure they care about the birds either! My other cats would get crazy over birds! The would try to go right through the window! I guess they have plenty of bird friends on "Rainbow Bridge"!
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lol well maybe they can't be asked lol they love the quiet Life Gissi wants to make Friends with anybody even Pigeons and then wonders why they can fly and he can't lol
@SomeCowgirl (32255)
You might wanna watch him from now on, I bet if he sees that squirrel again he'll go for the chase, it seems he's got himself a new friend, or he thinks so. It's only 7:31 Am here so it must be much later where you are!
@SomeCowgirl (32255)
I was thinking it was about noon there in the UK, but I wasn't sure. Right now it's that perfect time of morning when the grass shines a luscious bright and light green, it's so beautiful!
@SomeCowgirl (32255)
hadn't seen any, but hadn't been outside yet, just looking at our window.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lol you 2 Well the Squirrel was up here and minding his own business till Gissi decided he wanted to make Friends lol Well Cowgirl, are they up yet? they must be by now lol
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
I suppose you could wait until the squirrel brings his army of friends and pelts Gissi with nuts. Other than that, idk...
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lololol Dawn I can just imagine that and I am laughing I can even imagine Gissi's Face lol
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
There was a kid's movie where the squirrels did that. They even had Scottish accents. It was hilarious!
hi gabs I could just see Gissi wanting to be friends with the squirrel who evidently did not share that idea. he he. oh that little man in the doggie suit, he is so funny, and loveable. wow oH yes I can imagine he was not paying mum any attention, probably saying hey come on fellow, just want to be friends. no mum, Iam busy here,can't you see? Yes I bet the squirrel was laughing, thinking he had got in the last word. Oh yeah I bet he still wanted to see that critter that he though would be just a great friend. wow was he in for a big surprise. but the squirrel did stick around for a while. must be the squirrel is pretty much used to people but dogs now that was a different deal. he he.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lol Hatley he just does not get it why it did not want to be Friends He was a bit mad at me for taking him away though lol
hi oh yes I do bet Gissi getting all upset cause he just knew that squirrer was laughing at him, of course he he could not understand why this newcomer wasnt being a bit friendly. I can see him sort of scowling, hey Mum just wanted to say hi to that fellow. come on now. he he.
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
That's just a dog's nature to chase things like that. my dogs chase squirrels, birds or any other dog she sees. She is not too socaiable like gissi. lol.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Hi Jo Gissi just loves making Friends and it is so funny sometimes Tonight he ran up to the Pigeons all happy and was surprised when they just took of lol the look on his Face was so sweet
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
Gissi's just got a sweeter personality than most dogs, it seems. My dog is sweet but just jealous arond me of anyhing & anybody, the spoiled brat.
@Pose123 (21662)
Hi gabs, Gissi seems to be feeling better at least but I can imagine the site of him chasing that squirrel who must have been happy that dogs can't climb trees. Like the rest of us, Gissi has a lot to learn. Blessings.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Hi Pose He is certainly better then what he was and should stay better for now as long as he takes his Tablets And yes he has a lot to learn lol
Hi gabs, That must have looked so funny, Gissi barking at the little squirrel, I think that is so cute, awww, it such a shame he can't get to the window, lol, there wasw a squirrel running aroound on the conservatry roof and Tom and Baby both scurried acors the living room and sat there watching it, it was so funny to see both their little heads going in the same direction as they followed the squirrel's movement. Hugs. Tamara
@gabs8513 (48710)
Oh it was so cute honest He was not happy being carried away though lol I suppose that hurt the ego a bit lol That is the first Squirrel I have seen in years and then that close up to lol I would swear it was laughing at Gissi with the way it looked down at him lol Big Hugs xxx