Election year is soon here....

@debrakcarey (19921)
All 435 Representatives in Washington DC are coming up for re election. Thirty-three Senators are coming up for re election. I encourage you to NOT vote party line. I encourage you to vote your conscience! They have the gall to put a hold on Social Security cost of living increases...to buy a computerized medical record keeping program for themselves! Can you afford that? Is this the tip of the iceberg called Obamacare? How do you all feel about that? Do you or a loved one collect Social Security? Will you even be able to collect all those dollars you paid in when it is your turn? I'm not old enough for Social Security yet, but have family who draw it. Friends too. And they're not happy. Also, new taxes upon more new taxes....a performance tax on the radio broadcasters which will effectively put the small stations out of business. Is this just another way to do away with the voice of Americans? Most of these small stations carry CONSERVATIVE talk shows. What about that new tax the EPA is tellling us will cut back on green house gases? I don't know about you, but I couldn't afford to stay warm last winter, what will next winter be like if energy bills go even higher? At least I can heat with wood down here in the Ozarks, can you? If they let me that is. Are you as scared for the future as I am? I don't mean quaking in my boots scare, like I saw a ghost scared...I mean WE'RE SCREWED! scared.
I know I have said it before and I say it again that Obama's presidency is the biggest scam/snow job ever perpetrated on the USA. This period will go down in history with amazement that "we the people" have allowed this to happen!
@debrakcarey (19921)
You are so right on it being OUR fault. But I will add to that statement that it was planned and carried out with precision. Ever read the book, 'The Dumbing Down of America'? This generation of kids is NOT learning even half of what we learned. And what we learned does not compare to what our parents learned. For all the money we're throwing at education, our children are loosing ground. Why? Cause they're being taught how to be good little liberal socialists and not how to do Algebra, Trig and Calculus. The History they learn, you might not recognize. And English skills are passed over for Social reprogramming. Find the book at Amazon...it will shock you.
I still believe that the education and upbringing I received many years ago prepared me very well to function in this world and face all the ups and downs life brings. The younger people today do not have a clue!! This was very evident in the past presidential election when first times voters came out in the millions to vote for a glib, silver tongued, cool, handsome young man WITHOUT having the least idea what his background and experience was! I have seen these young people interviewed on TV and with my own family and friends and they really were clueless on issues.
Hey Debra how are ya?? Long time no see!! Well as you are aware we are on opposites side of the Obama debate....but regardless of politics and who is or isnt in office right now....am i scared for the future of this country...Yes I am...but I have felt that way even before we changed presidents!!! This country is in a serious crisis and I just dont know if anything can be done to fix it....I hope so though...i really hope so....
@debrakcarey (19921)
I know you were in a tough spot a while back....has it gotten any better? I know my family is worried that we are facing a great depression worse than the 30's. My mom and dad used to talk about how hard that was, and my kids are wondering if THEY are tough enough to get through it if it gets worse. The main thing is it seems to us poor folk like the government is TRYING to make it harder. My oldest son works for himself, no tax breaks that made a difference. And the shop he contracts to for work, may have to close due to EPA regs. and tax increases. Then you add to that his child support...based on better years when he brought home 2-3000 a week...and it's disaster. Thats just one of my kid's problems. There are four more struggling to put food on the table. I admire you for hanging in there pix. But isn't it time to say enough? I won't argue with you on just WHO the blame belongs to. But I know things ARE NOT getting better this last year.
Actually no it hasn't gotten better...worse actually ..we finally lost our place about 2 months ago and are staying with people i barely know (my husband knows the guy from working with him) ...so its a little wierd and though he has gotten like 3 very small jobs in the last 2 months which was encouraging...work seems to have stopped again....we are looking at maybe having to move to Puerto Rico where his family lives (which i dont really want to do) but hey...you have to do what you have to do right now... anyway enough about me...thanks for asking!! I hear ya on the child support issue....we have that same problem too and they aren't lowering it...and this state is throwing guys in jail for not paying it when no one has had any money to pay in two years( I have to constantly be worried about that now too bcuz i dont have a way to support my daughter if something happens to him...we are living on food stamps now and they want several hundred dollars a month that we just DONT have!!). There are more guys in jail here for child support now than for anything else...this state is about to go bankrupt and i guess they think that will squeeze money out of them....lol...cant get blood out of a turnip as my mom used to say! No things aren't getting better fast enough to save the majority of us...and at this point i dont think it even matters whose fault it is....we just need to ALL work together( stop thinking in red and blue states and start thinking in red white and blue!!) and try to get this country back on track before we dont have one any more....other countries that dont exactly love us are out there watching and waiting for us to implode so they can swoop in when we are weak....we really need to get our act together as a country and get back on the right track SOON!!! Unfortunately sometime i feel like nobody is listening to anyone! Both side have valid issues and both sides have good and bad people but one thing both sides have in common is we are all americans!!
@debrakcarey (19921)
This will not get better. It will get worse. And then someone will step up and promise to save us all. Trouble is, he will be a liar. Just like all the other liars.
@dragon54u (31638)
I'm voting out everyone I can! I have never believed that politics should be a career but it is and I think that's the main reason we get such bad legislation--they no longer listen to us, why should they when we keep voting them in? Yes, I'm scared. SS probably won't be there for me and Medicare will probably be very limited. I can't afford any more taxes, I'm on a fixed income and you're right about not being able to keep warm this past winter. I kept my furnace at 66 and bundled up! And yet Congress voted themselves a raise! Won't do anything about Fannie and Freddy, a major cause of the recent recession. Won't stick up for our constitutional rights and voted in the insurance reform bill. I can't wait to get to the voting booth!!
@debrakcarey (19921)
They're not listening. They've been given a pass for to long. And they're pretty arrogant about it if you ask me. Almost like they think they're above it all.