Forest Fires left two barrios in the dark!

@basqui (3890)
It has been two days since we had no power here in our barangay. It was because of forest fires that burned up power lines and poles that passed through the forest. We're glad it rained for some nights and the forest fires has been extinguished. And with the help of a Municipal Councilor running for Mayor: he recently had a rally last night here in our place so he did not want to have a campaign rally in the dark. If he wasn't running for election, do you think he would have appealed for power reconnection?
@saphrina (31733)
• South Africa
I don't know the man, but to be honest, i don't think so. They normally do this only for votes and then they forget all about those who have voted for them. TATA.
@basqui (3890)
Yeah, that's reality dear. Let's just hope that they are not corrupt enough to put in their pockets the people's taxes and leave most citizens hungry. Lovely Philippines!
@saphrina (31733)
• South Africa
The Philippines are lovely, sweetie. They just have to hope and pray that the day i get there i don't get my hands on them. I will definately not play with them.
@basqui (3890)
Well, they will surely not play with you, they play dirty only. Well, if you play their game then maybe they will.
@rsa101 (24236)
That is really bad that it happened to that two barrios. I wonder what sparked the fire in there. I am suspecting that there are people who are doing this in purpose. But, I am hoping that your local electric company would repair and restore the power soon.
@basqui (3890)
Hmm, I think it's just wildfire and not intended. Maybe the hot weather or some unguarded bonfire started the fire. The power is back now, hope that it won't get cut-off again.
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
Good morning, sorry to hear about y'all having those kind of problems. As for the politicians they usually feather their nests first. The guy running in england sure puthis foot in his big mouth yrsterday. Did u see it on the news last night?Politicians are something else.
@basqui (3890)
I'm not aware of that politician, sorry! What about it? Can you give some brief info?
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
I don't remember his name. I believe he is running for prime minister. He forgot he had on an open mike & made some tacky comments about a lady who had talked to him when he got in his car.
@coffeegurl (1467)
really hard to say, I know the Philippine government is not the best.
@basqui (3890)
Yeah, you're right. We Filipinos are not much grateful and proud of those officials in the government but we are proud that we citizens don't just sit and let them do their corrupt ways. We stand up and kick them out of office.
Well, I just hope that you will not be in the dark again for days. It is good that there is someone who made it possible to have the electric power back .. I HOPE HE WILL ALWAYS DO IT. NOT ONLY NOW. . .
@basqui (3890)
Yeah, we hope that this mayor-to-be continues his good deeds if he get to be in position and not just sit and wait for the people's taxes to put in his pocket. We had experiences here wherein the mayor told his other running candidates that being a mayor is his job and he wouldn't want his family to be hungry. Do you think that this mayor is really a public servant or just wanting to grab more money for himself?
@p3ks626 (6548)
That's really bad news. We also had forest fire in my hometown every summer. My hometown is surrounded by mountains so we really can see the fire from our house. Sometimes there's fire in the northern part as well as the southern part. About the mayor-to-be, I am not sure what he really is so I can tell really tell but my opinion is that if he is not running for the position then he's not there to do something about it. He's trying to make a good thing for people to remember him but when he is already in the position, he forgets about the people. Politicians are all the same.
@basqui (3890)
We had more fires before the rain in the surrounding mountains. We couldn't do much to stop the fires but report to the authorities for help. Luckily, the nearby city fire department had lent help. We are just thankful that those forest fires hasn't damaged any home or taken lives but the danage in the power lines.
Hello i am aware of the politicians and their stunts, they can do any thing, the jungle fire in summer is common due to friction between branches, but some tribes in jungle set fire, they say the ash acts as a manure, here they call such cultivation as 'poduchasa'.. Thank you so much for this nice discussion, cheers God bless you. Prof
@basqui (3890)
Some farmers here in the Philippines burn down some forests so that they could have more farmlands, it's called "Kaingin" or slash-n'-burn method. It's prohibited but some forests are sometimes inaccessible by government agencies that protect the forest so some still practice it.
@kun2349 (23464)
haha =D MOst likely, i guess?!?! hehe ^_^ After all, it's part of their plans, hoping to win the election, when they are playing their part to help those ple living in the area.. It's just like trying to get more votes for themselves.. hehe ^_^ I think it's gonna be the same for everywhere.. Without election, there wont be so many helpful politicials around, when they can be busy making money elsewhere.. lol =D
@basqui (3890)
YEah, Politicians are really like that, especially during election period. when election is over, you wouldn't see them getting on the streets and shaking hands with every eligible voter. They would be busy thinking of ways to have more money from people's taxes.
@SomeCowgirl (32255)
Basqui, I am not quite sure what your asking. So he appealed for power reconnection right? Your asking if he wasn't running in the election, would he have bothered? I don't know, I guess it all depends. I think you have to be in good standing with a government official or a government official yourself to get anything done, so maybe if he was just a citizen he couldn't so wouldn't try? If that makes any sense.
@basqui (3890)
Yeah, I'm saying that if it's not campaign period then he wouldn't be bothered much on appealing for the power to be fixed. Government officials don't bother much about public interests if there is no money involved. Hmm, Philipines!
@beachdune (908)
Ya even I came to know about the fire, but I didn't know those power cuts. I don't think he would have asked for power connection if he wasn't in the elections. People like this do such things during elections to gather votes , and after elections they just forget about it.
@basqui (3890)
Hmm, actually there have been more wild fires but this one really burned up power lines. Yeah, maybe it's plus point for this candidate but I think he should do it for the sake of the public and not for his campaigns alone.