Work was hellish this weekend!

I had to work both weekend days this weekend. I don't work alot of weekends and when I do it usually is on saturdays. Thanks to it being graduation weekend at the college, were I work, I ended up working both days! So right now I am on my 7th day straight working out of a 11 day stretch! I am tied and getting crappy! Last night we had a graduation party of over 500 people! A plated up dinner! That was bad enough! It was worse when all the dishes came back! It seemed it never would end! I ended working 10 hrs and had to be at work 12 hourse later! Ouch! Today was the sandwhich buffet for the graduates and families! I worked in the dishroom and the waitstaff never bothered to clean off the plates and seperate silverware! Everything came back all to together in bus tubs! It slowed us dishwashers down and I never want to work again on graduation day! We were also short handed! It was hell and I hope the coming week is not like the past 2 have been like! I am ready for bed!
@sid556 (30989)
Oh blue, I can relate somewhat. I didn't do the overtime or anything this weekend but it was biker weekend and OMG...it was non-stop. I was the only one working and while most of them were really cool and friendly, some were not. I pulled in over 6 grand on my 10 hour shift and took care of over 600 custmers. Now that is pretty busy. They did things like try to prepay before they even pulled up to a pump...all expecting me to remember who had paid what. it was the nite from hll to be perfectly honest. I am so so so glad to be out of that place. My drawer was 25.00 short at the end of the day and I know exactly what caused it. A woman prepaid on the wrong pump with a card combined with cash. By the time I realized she had chosen the wrong pump it was too late. Someone had gotten her gas and driven off. She biched so that I let her have the gas and I'm sure it will come from my pocket. Tomorrow I am shutting down my phone and locking my door....I am so so peopled out!!! I worked my whole shift...over 10 hours without even a 10 min break. I can't even imagine doing an ll day stretch of this. Today was horrible because I get up at like 7am so even before I go to work I was dealing with people . I have these friends....oh never mind...that's another story in and of itself.
I can't believe I am on a 11 day stretch! I am on day 9! Yikes! I also feed mornings at the stable I used to board my horse. I didn't Sunday. I knew if I did I would be pushing it! I am surprised I'm not more tired! I am surprised I'm not going insane! If I was in your job I would of a long time ago! It is slower now at work and will pick up in June. The slow time came at a good time after such a crazy weekend!
@sid556 (30989)
So you have 2 more days and finally can take a break? That's a long stretch. I hope you are getting paid really well for all of it. Actually my job sounds like a piece of cake next to yours. I mean this weekend was a bit rough but most of the time it is a pretty easy job and kind of fun as well. Also, a big plus for me is that while I work full time, I get all my hours in in 4 days and get 3 days in a row off each week so its some good down time. Well, hopefully you'll get a day off real soon and get to relax. Take care, blue.