How Long Can You Last?

@erikmama (12929)
It's time to fess up...How long can YOU last? Can you go for hours and hours like some claim to be able to do, or do you prefer shorter,more frequent rounds? Do you switch up your style so you can go longer? Do you like to stop the action and eat a sandwich and go again, or can the sandwich wait till later? How long can you go before you can't take it any longer? You're about to bust, and you've gotta get up. Of course I am talking about the Internet. How long do you average sitting before the computer screen before you have to take a break? What's your longest Internet marathon?
LOL This is my favorite discussion ever! I'm not sure what my longest INTERNET streak is...probably not that long to be honest, probably a few hours. I usually get on a few times through out the day, but I don't stay on super long at once. Omg...I can't believe I sound dirty in my response without even trying...it's all your fault! lol
@erikmama (12929)
I like the shorter times,too.If you go to long at once you get tired of doing it. Why, thank you! I am glad you likes me discussion.
Yeah I get bored easily too, if I stay on too long. I was laughing the whole time I was reading this, because I had already looked at the interest tag and knew it wasn't about what it seemed, but it was so perfect.
@erikmama (12929)
hehehe...goal accomplished!
I am on the pc now and again as I have other things to attend to. Besides this, it is not good to sit in one place for long hours. One needs to stretch and this one can do by walking about and attending to other chores. Internet is no doubt addictive but one should learn to control this addiction.
@erikmama (12929)
The Internet can be quiet addictive. I am not addicted but I do spend a lot of time on here writing. I am unemployed and I consider this my "job" since it is my only source of income. Of course I take breaks in between.There are other things to do and I have little ones to take care of.
For you it is need based. Even then it is advised that you take breaks. All the best to you. May you earn as much as you want to.
I think that the longest that I am able to stay at it is for three hours straight. However, I do have longer sessions that will have short breaks during the session. These are the times that I will go to grab something to drink or I will have to run to the bathroom. I've even been known to eat at the computer so that I don't have to have my session coming to an end. I know that I am quite addicted, I really need to find a way to break myself away from it.
@erikmama (12929)
I am addicted,too,but for the most part I am earning money, and without any other source of income,it is a must for me.I've had plenty of breaks,I seem to always have some sort of week long problem going on, which probably explains why I am still on here! LOL!
There is a certain excitement about having some object in mind and sitting at the screen until it is finished, Fortunately, nowadays [I'm 60] I find there are natural breaks - loo-stops, hunger pangs, the blithering telephone, parcels at the door, aardvark calling... - that give one an opportunity to come up for air and even reflect positively on what has been achieved over the last 2 - 3 hour session. I'm afraid the all-nighters are a thing of the past, although I occasionally wake up at 3 or 4 am and can see a goal to be achieved in tackling the PC there and then rather than waste precious hours sleeping 'til the morning'.
@erikmama (12929)
Those small breaks can be so annoying,yet so helpful! Even when we think we are pk staring at the computer screen hours upo hours it is good to be forced up sometimes!hehe! I think tonight I may be up several hours on here.I've not had internet for over a week now, and I have some vcatching up to do.But I will be sure to take breaks!
@nsj947 (284)
I can't take it for more then 3 hours
@erikmama (12929)
Taking it for 3 hours is a long time. Especially if you're not switching positions often. Your body can start to hurt alon with other parts of the body. But 3 hours isnt to bad...
@Jack0113 (79)
first,i don't play computer games, i just reading and listening when i am on internet. so i can't last too long. i remember the longest time i last on internet is 5 hours, too short, right? lol.
@erikmama (12929)
All I really do is make money on here and of course myLot! But I think most people would agree 5 hours is quiet a long time to go without a break. Long enough to feel good, but short enough to not weatr you out! LOL!
My longest period exploring the website was during my final project at college. I spent almost 15 hours surfing non stop, looking for materials that I need. I didn't have my breakfast or lunch!! But it's pay me good when at last I find several good literatures. now I can spend almost 12 hours surfing just to fac*b**k, chat or to look for how to create money online, and since now i join my lot, guess i'll add extra hours to my previous record. but still i would stop during eating hours hehehe..
@erikmama (12929)
Sometimes it is a big pay off when we are on the Internet.15 hours is a long time! I bet your eyes were hurting and your finger had permanant indentiond from pushing the buttons! LOL! Yep, make sure you stop long enough to go to the potty and eat!
• New Zealand
When I used to be a hardcore gamer , I would stay on the computer from 10am to 7pm but I used to have to share the game time with my bro, so I guess that isn't that much of an accomplishment... :0 I can survive sitting and studying 3hours straight before I start feeling a bit tired. In fact , I reckon I could go for 5 hours study before feeling really tired. So I can survive lots of sitting :0 I reckon I could stay on the computer for 18 hours straight . but by the end of it , I'd be so dizzy I'd be throwing up.
@erikmama (12929)
I have stayed on for about 10 straight hours and it quickly wears you out!! Now I tkae breaks often so I dont wear out. Nor do I stay on line for over two or three hours at a time I dont know if I could play games that long, but then again, im not a gamer.
• American Samoa
well, yeah i hate playing without taking a break, and it is a risk if you continue on sitting in front of the computer for hours without breaks. Like, im doing a 3 hour law for myself. my 3 hour law means just to stay in front of the computer within three hours and then eat or rest for a while (specifically ten to forty minutes), and make another three hour again to work. The longest time i have been in front of the computer is 14 hours! i feel numb at that time and felt soooo sick like i was telling myself not to do it anymore! Nowadays, sticking your butt in the computer chair for hours is really dangerous...
@erikmama (12929)
3 hours is reasonable.I usually dont actually make it the entire time sitting though.I alwauys have a house full of kids, and along with other duties am up and down,and up and down. Taking breaks are very much needed.You can easily wear yourself out on the Internet, as well as other health issues.
• American Samoa
oooh i see, you have children in your place~ well that makes a good reason to stay in the computer less than many hours XD
I'd say my internet usage varies day to day depending on what else needs to be done, and how I feel at the time. To be honest, if I could, I would be on the internet all day every day. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it), basic human needs have to be attended to and I'm a full time student, so i need to go to class each day. I can, and have done so a number of times, stay at a computer for a whole day or more. However, such case is rare and can only be done when I have mates around and "blowing each other up" on games, which is great fun i might add, and you then need to sleep for the rest of the week.
@erikmama (12929)
I've spent many full days on line, making money.I always get up though especially with the kiddies running around.
@hati3kuro (269)
I can sit for hours depending on which site that I surf. I would consider a break when it's time for prayer, when I got really hungry or just because it's time for pee-pee and poo-poo.