My dog ran away last night?

I went to check out where my daughter was last night. I met with her talk to her and went to take samantha home with me. Well I crossed a few streets and then put her down to walk. well she ran across another street and left running her little butt off. She left me about three blocks behind her. I was calling her and she would not answer. She just took off in the night. I went walking towards my home where she was running and calling her. I get to by corner and the security guard said she is right her. Would you believe she ran all the way to my building and sat in front of the door. The man opened the door to let two men in and sam went running up to the second floor. I was shocked this was the first time I ever walked her and she went off and found her way home. Someone took her leash off her neck and we don't have money yet to buy one. so kay took her out for a walk without one. I will not do this again. Did something like this ever happen to you?
@ElicBxn (61137)
at least she ran home, rather than our dumb dogs that just keep on running...
@cream97 (29163)
No, this has never happen to me personally. But our family dog ran off a few times before. He was a really wild dog when he got off of his leash! At least your dog is very smart to find her way back home. I am glad that she did not run off for good. I am glad that she is safe and back at home with you.