Kids say the funniest things (again . . . and again)

My 5 year old was at her chalkboard outside the other day. I saw that she was writing $$$$$ (dollar signs) all over it. I asked what she was doing, and she replied "I'm trying to make money!" - hee hee. Where do kids come up with this stuff? What are some funny things your kids have said lately?
@annavi23 (6298)
hahaha! your kid is funny! well,i have a niece who used to play a lot by herself since there's no other kids around the place and we didn't want her to go out of our gates.so most of the time she used to play anything.let me tell you one.she used to have this something like canister then she is imagining something like pouring something from it then let it out again.i asked what is she doing.she said she was building a house of her own.haha! that time she used to see some people working at our house,renovating our house and she used to portray them.that's what she usually do.well,always.
Sounds like your niece is very good with her imagination - and is great with pretend play! She's good with role playing. Well, she can come over and build me a new house anytime - hee hee!
@annavi23 (6298)
yes,she's really good at imagining things.i think she wants to be an actress or singer someday.or somehow a construction worker,hahah have a great day/night!
Cute! There are endless possibilities for a young one . . . hope she becomes what she wants to become!!
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
This morning Dearra was grumpy, mouth still hurting from her braces. Not much funny going on in my house today so far... But yeah, where do they come up with this stuff?
Is Dearra doing better today? Yah, braces for kids that age - not so funny to them. I love that when they do come up with stuff, it's not contrived or anything . . . it's truly innocent - and funny!
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
She's a little less grumpy every day. Maybe by the weekend she'll even be cheerful. Hm, must go look for head, haven't seen it since the last time she chopped it off. :D
@pastigger (617)
I told my 3 year old that I couldn't pick her up one day and she asked me "your back hurts do you need to go to the chiropractor" wow big word there honney. I have a home daycare and a little girl told me "I don't like milk cause it taste like cow" She was about 4. It was so funny to me.
Cute, cute!! Yah, chiropractor is a big word for a 3 year old - let alone the concept of it!! Ha ha about the milk - toooooo funny!! I assume she doesn't like beef either - ha ha!!
@lelin1123 (15635)
• Puerto Rico
That is so cute. My granddaugher has said so many funny things I have started to write them down to read when I'm old and gray. The other day my grown daughter tells her 4 year old daughter "I'm going to jump in the shower and I will be right out." My granddaughter says "mommy don't jump in the shower you might fall." Another cute thing she said was Upon seeing her mommy on her stool she says, “Mommy aren’t you going break my stool? Her mom replies “no baby” she then says “But don’t you have a big butt?”
Good for you for writing things down! Your granddaughter seems to be quite sensible - hee hee!! Oh but the big butt comment is hilarious!! I've gotta tell my hubby that one!!
That was really cute and funny. I will be looking forward on this funny things a child does when my baby is born and starts talking. I wonder too where they got those thing that they say as i listened to little ones talk but i think it will be different if the kid is mine for i will be responsible to answer those endless questions.
Oh yes, it's so funny when they can finally speak their minds . . . you just continually wonder how they came to saying the things they say! Yep, when the kid is yours, you will listen to things a lot more closer - and yep, you'll have to answer ALL the endless questions - hee hee!!
@Celanith (2334)
I am around children often as my daughter has six, Five are living with her and with me as well. The other one Gerrin passed away in August of last year he was killed in a tragic accident. We miss him so very much. I hear funny things a lot. When Gerrin was a baby I would rock him for nap time and sing Amazing Grace to him. When he was about three he could not say the word Grace so he would ask me to sing "Amazing Grapes" to him. He was our Amazing Grace. He is still living in spirit with Jesus and we will see him someday. Today his little brother saw a zipper that was wide on my shirt I was wearing. Andrey is age 2 and he looked at my shirt and said "That's a Road" pronounced Woad, he then got a small jeep he was playing with and started driving up my shirt front. I told him No it is a Zipper, he said "Nope a Woad" and continued to drive up and down my shirt over the zipper. He later was trying to sing Old MacDonald had a farm. He sang it and said eeyi eeyi oh then he said, Old MacDonald went PPPTTTHTH and made a raspberry sound. LOL.
I'm sorry for you and your daughter's loss. "Amazing Grapes" is just too cute and I'm sure he was amazing too. I love how Andrey used his imagination to make your zipper into a "woad" . . . very clever!! Hee hee - and I'm sure Old MacDonald would make raspberry after hearing too many animal sounds - hee hee!!
@jlamela (4906)
hahahaha!that was so funny considering that your daughter is only 5 years old and no idea how to make money yet, well maybe she heard it from the people in her surroundings or in TV. So far, I didn't hear any funny things from kids because I am still single and none in my neighborhood did children uttered funny things. Maybe I will start observing kids talked from now on to learn a lesson or two from them. hehe
I'm just wondering what possessed her to write dollar signs like that - hee hee!! Or maybe it's from shopping with mommy all too many times - ha ha! Oh yes, when you are constantly around kids, either yours or someone elses, you are bound to hear hilarious remarks. And actually yah, you just might learn something!!
My husband was tickling my 4 year old daughter. She turned around and say Ugh, daddy why do you have to aggravate me all the time? The way she said it and being only 4 it was pretty funny! LOL =)
Aggravate - hee hee - that's too funny! I wonder where they pick up these words too . . . and the context they use it in can be so hilarious too!! Very cute!
Aw, that's cute! I wish making money was that easy! I work with kids and I've had them say some funny things. One boy told me he got brainfreeze by pouring water on his head. Another boy asked me if I had an ultraviolet light in my pocket.
Tell me about it - if making money were that easy, I'd be writing a zillion dollar signs too!! Hee hee. Oh, I'll bet you hear the funniest things from kids as you work with them . . . it's funny the thing they say when they interact with each other too. Brainfreeze - hee hee!
@cher913 (25865)
my now 13 year old has been a comic all her life. she always says the funniest things! i remember when she was about 3, she was arguing with her dad and said, "well, actually daddy..."
"Actually" is a big word for a 3 year old - hee hee!! And did she win that argument with dad? Hee hee. It's so funny when the little ones are so verbal at such a young age.
@bounce58 (17451)
My 4 year old is fond of singing songs he hears on the car radio. A couple of months ago, he liked singing Sen Kingston's Fire Burning. One day I saw him playing on the kitchen floor, no music, just him singing by himself. He's song went like this... [i]Fire burnin', fire burnin' on the dance floor Oh whoa I got a boogah...[/i] So, I know where he gets it. Just lost in translation I guess.
bounce58 Ha ha!! Don't you just love it when they hear lyrics a different way (I know I've done that a zillion times). Yah, I can see how he got those lyrics too - too hilarious! fmpisces Oh my - hee hee!!
@cream97 (29164)
Hi, much2say. That is so very cute and funny! My kids are always making me laugh too. My daughter will ask me for something to drink, and I will give her something to drink, and she will put her doll baby out. She will talk in a baby tone and say, "mommy I want something to drink". She will be talking for her own doll baby. It makes me laugh sometimes on how her voice sounds when she talks around me.
Hee hee - your daughter sounds like a good mommy already (and a good ventriloquist too - hee hee!). It's so funny when they make other voices . . . but that means they know how to be in another person's shoes . . . a good quality to have!! My daughter was trying to talk like that Alpha dog in the movie "Up" (the one with the broken translator) - but she did it so often that we wanted her to stop already - hee hee!