I opened up a savings account On saturday.

I made up my mind since I paid off my credit card I would use that money to start a savings account. I will struggle being that I will be paying for heat and water. But,where there is a will there is a way. I am going to find,and struggle to save something in this account. Even if it has to really start In January. I have $25.00 in the account right now and it makes me feel good.
I have a savings account too. But I don't deposit anything to it right now. Since I do not have work right now. But I always have a piggy bank. What I do is that, I save all the coins I have everyday in my piggy bank. Then if I feel I saved that much in my piggy bank. I would change the coins I have to bills and then deposit it to my account. It really helps. I hope you'll be able to save much too. ^_^
Same here. I do save on coins & put it on a piggy bank, usually all 5 & 10 peso coins then after 2-3 months i diretly deposit it to my daughter's passbook account. In this way we will not spend the money on extras. Better save early for the future.
]Same here. I do save on coins & put it on a piggy bank, usually all 5 & 10 peso coins then after 2-3 months i diretly deposit it to my daughter's passbook account. In this way we will not spend the money on extras. Better save early for the future.
@gdesjardin (1918)
It is always good to have a savings account. I have had a savings account for as long as I can remember. My parents always taught us that a savings account is the best place to put your money. Our kids even have a savings account, and they are pretty good about spending a little of their money and putting the rest in the bank.
I agree with you. My colleague told his son:"you must save money for yourself when you want to buy any toy." So that boy earned some money by his house working, and accordingly refined a good habit.
@bikespot (484)
Stay away from credit cards , there are the worst idea for buyers but great for those companies. Huge interest rates , your just digging a huge hole. Like you probably already know. Savings account is great , save up what you can. Even if its only a little at a time. I try to save as much as i can , im young and dont have to pay much bills. So its kinda easy for me. I recommend you set a limit of how much you can spend a month , for example you have your fixed expenses such as heat , water , housing , transportation ect. Those you cant really change the amount you send each month on them. Then you have your other expenses such as food , entertainment , other. Try to limit how much you send on those each month. I'm not sure what country you are in but look up "Till debt do us part" Its a canadian tv show about couples struggling with money. It talks about all aspects of how to deal with money.
I live in Ny and would most likly not get that show.
@Raven1 (577)
One of the easiest ways to grow that savings account is to keep loose change in a piggy bank or coin jar. When you have a few dollars in change, add it to your savings. It's not a lot, but it will make you feel as though you're making progress. Of course it always pays to shop around for a savings account paying you the highest interest rate you can find. This will help to raise your savings just that little bit more too :)
@dccell (337)
congratulation finally you find it`s always good to save somethings fro our earning because we all never know what will happen tomorrow and what we need tomorrow for unpredictable ones. me I always save something for my future hoping that i can take it`s benefit for the up coming future.. happy looting
Yes I am going to do my very best with this.
@Kalyni2011 (3496)
Here in some banks you deposit some money initially to open a savings bank account and you may withdraw it later, such accounts are known as zero-balance accounts, i have one such with hubby, some bank here need 5000 rupees as minimum balance, some 2000 rupees for cheque accounts.. Thank you so much for sharing Happy posting, cheers. Kalyani
What a great start for a better life. I was so glad I had started one earlier this year, as we were able to pay cash for our household emergencies.I had put checks I got as refunds and bonuses, and mystery shop payments in the savings account. I think we even cashed in some cans and put the money from the change jar there as well. If you can just save up your change, or put a dollar or two from every item you sell you will be getting ahead. Great idea.
@sid556 (30964)
Good for you! it is so so hard to save anything at all these days but if you can find a way to do it then you'll feel so much more secure. I blew every thing I had saved up when school started and so now I have to start over. I also have a change jug and keep track of it as it adds up. I've been tossing all my change in there for about 3 weeks and I am up to 35.77 so far. I try to save the money I make from selling my incense burners but I seem to get only so much built up and then either my daughter needs something or something goes on the car. Good luck!
@carmelanirel (20942)
Congrats gifts, I am glad you decided to do what you can to save. We opened one at the beginning of the year, but until I get a job, we struggle keeping it active. I hope you can keep yours active and growing..:)
@cream97 (29088)
That is so very nice to hear of! It feels so good when we can save some money up. I am doing the same thing too and it is really helping me out. I hope to put some more money into my savings account so that I can have a certain amount stashed there. It is fun to save to save up money. I hope that you can get as much money saved up for whatever you may need it for.
That is awesome that you decided to open a savings account. That is honestly something that my husband and I need to do as well. However, right now we really are struggling and it is difficult (if not impossible for us to get ahead). Instead, because of the fact that I want to be completely out of debt I've decided that I want to get rid of all debt that we have and I've decided that I'm going to throw every dime that I make into paying off debt and only when that is done will I start saving money.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Well good for you gifts and I hope it multiplies that 25 dollars by a thousand more. What a brave person to open a savings account in these times when most are thinking about taking the money out of the Bank instead. Woohoo hope you make it much more than that honest I do you really need a break.
So good for you. You have the internet so why dont you have a business on the net. I have one that is fantastic as it is one team and unless you are real dumb you will make money. Have a look at it. http://kiwiingrid.mandurarep.com/     Its easy to get retail sales by getting the yellow pages and sending a link to health shops and gyms etc. I am making a good income and dont really have to do any work now, just log in ever now and then. The health industry is taking off as more and more people are becoming conscience of what they are eating and the number of obese people worldwide. (This opportnity is worldwide) I hope you take a look. Anyone with money problems should take a look and seeing as people joining go under you and everone works as a team it doesnt matter if you cant enroll anyone personally. Here's to your success!!
nice thing. you did the best thing, paying what you owe. now its time to save, save as much as you can and spend some part for you when times come you will realized you have big savings already.
@icyorchid (2564)
Even if you just save $5 a week, you're doing good! I need to start a saving account too, just pacrastinate too much on it. lol
@dodo19 (46608)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Opening a savings account is always a good idea. My husband and I opened a joint savings account last march, and we're both really happy that we did. We have absolutely no regrets about doing this. It's true that we don't have a lot in it, as I'm still a student and he just graduated. So it's been difficult to put more in, but ultimately it was one of the best ideas.